Making an artificial Black Hole

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It is still theoretical. They are speculating using made up theoretical models. They don't even notice mother nature has a mechanism already in place that would prevent a black hole from forming. The rotating neutron stars that emit jets of matter from their poles indicate a built in pressure relief system already exists. Occam's Razor dictates that the simplest explanation is always the correct one.

It is still theoretical. They are speculating using made up theoretical models. They don't even notice mother nature has a mechanism already in place that would prevent a black hole from forming. The rotating neutron stars that emit jets of matter from their poles indicate a built in pressure relief system already exists. Occam's Razor dictates that the simplest explanation is always the correct one.
Tell that to Einstein, or Hawking, or any of the well-credited scientists

Inferno

On Wikipedia it says:
Einstein denied several times that black holes could form. In 1939 he published a paper that argues that a star collapsing would spin faster and faster, spinning at the speed of light with infinite energy well before the point where it is about to collapse into a Schwarzchild singularity, or black hole.
Scientist made arguments on this paper saying it had wrong conclusions. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.
It is always possible that scientist could get it wrong. It's also possible that they have it right.

On Wikipedia it says:
Einstein denied several times that black holes could form. In 1939 he published a paper that argues that a star collapsing would spin faster and faster, spinning at the speed of light with infinite energy well before the point where it is about to collapse into a Schwarzchild singularity, or black hole.
Scientist made arguments on this paper saying it had wrong conclusions. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.
It is always possible that scientist could get it wrong. It's also possible that they have it right.
  1. Wikipedia isn’t the most trustworthy of sources
  2. What do you mean Einstein denied black holes, if you also said his theories explain that a wormhole forms when a star collapses.
  3. While yes the scientists could be wrong, they have before. Remember, they have plenty of evidence backing up the theory with general relativity and mathematics

Inferno

1. Wikipedia isn’t the most trustworthy of sources
  2. What do you mean Einstein denied black holes, if you also said his theories explain that a wormhole forms when a star collapses.
  3. While yes the scientists could be wrong, they have before. Remember, they have plenty of evidence backing up the theory with general relativity and mathematics
I'm sure someone as famous as Einstein would have his Wikipedia page fact checked. People like to shit on Wikipedia, but I'm sure it's more reliable that any news article. Einstein believed black holes couldn't form, not that they don't exist. Although his theory on general relativity would suggest something like a black hole exist, it may not be the same as our current concept of a black hole. Either way, I can't image creating one without rather expensive equipment that I'm sure no one reading this forum could afford.

I'm sure someone as famous as Einstein would have his Wikipedia page fact checked. People like to shit on Wikipedia, but I'm sure it's more reliable that any news article. Einstein believed black holes couldn't form, not that they don't exist. Although his theory on general relativity would suggest something like a black hole exist, it may not be the same as our current concept of a black hole. Either way, I can't image creating one without rather expensive equipment that I'm sure no one reading this forum could afford.
My sources are scientific reports from places like arxiv and NASA.

Inferno

Putting aside the existence of black holes, I do not believe you could make one. I don't know of any techniques other than the ones you know about, and I doubt any one else does. As far as time travel goes, using black holes is one of the most dangerous ways to do it and would probably result in you dying.

Putting aside the existence of black holes, I do not believe you could make one. I don't know of any techniques other than the ones you know about, and I doubt any one else does. As far as time travel goes, using black holes is one of the most dangerous ways to do it and would probably result in you dying.
Okay. I was just wondering if a particle accelerator with enough power could create a microscopic black hole