Making an artificial Black Hole

TimeFlipper

Are there any potential ways to make an artificial black hole besides the theoretical method of colliding particles? Thanks

You probably read some years back, a conspiracy article regarding the Large Hadron Collider, saying that when the final huge amount of power was deployed in the beam collisions, there would be micro Black Holes appearing which would rapidly destroy the Earth..

That idea was quickly quashed, the micro black holes "would" appear and within millionths of a second "disappear"...Conspiracy theorists were proved wrong again, and here we are to prove it (y):D..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
People like to shit on Wikipedia, but I'm sure it's more reliable that any news article.
I disagree. I think Wikipedia is politically biased to the left as it borrows heavily from fake news (i.e. The New York Times, CNN, MSNBC). The site also states, as if fact, the ideas that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii (when he was probably born in Kenya) and that climate change is man-made. As for the latter, given the technology that is mainstream (what we know of now), the idea that man can change the Earth's climate is very little (if not, not at all) more accurate than saying that an average adult male can beat the crap out of an adult male lion!

start at edge

I disagree. I think Wikipedia is politically biased to the left as it borrows heavily from fake news (i.e. The New York Times, CNN, MSNBC). The site also states, as if fact, the ideas that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii (when he was probably born in Kenya) and that climate change is man-made. As for the latter, given the technology that is mainstream (what we know of now), the idea that man can change the Earth's climate is very little (if not, not at all) more accurate than saying that an average adult male can beat the crap out of an adult male lion!
… maybe to run as hell and escape or never getting close to a lion in the first place … but to win such confrontation – NEVER.

Inferno

All popular forms of media are biased in some way. I believe that people like Einstein who are untouched by politics will have Wikipedia pages good enough to reference. Personally, I choose carefully what could real or fake so I don't have much of an issue with it. So I mostly agree with you.

paulyoung2

You know something? I came here for scientific facts, but I’m only getting outlandish claims. I’m outta here

Your science is less than 400 years old.. aside from few good surgeries, insulin and few other meds and inventions.. nothing came out of it as of yet.. your science is very young and most of it you have no clue about and consider "sci fi" still

sci fi DELUSIONS of today are science FACTS of tomorrow...

look around you did you ever imagine the degeneration of your species in a matter of 40 years? from pretty intelligent social emotional human beings.. to complete and utter AI dependent zombies! and this is ONLY the beginning.. you have a long way to fall still.