Am I asking too many questions and posting too many forums on this website?

• Total voters

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
yup need high currents...
I would recommend you watch 'boyd bushman''s video on falling super strong neo magnets.
he clamped two together that were opposing their fields
then another where the fields were attracting.

then placed them in identical plastic housings and dropped, they fell at different gravitational acceleration rates which is supposed to be impossible. If you remember your school physics, a feather and heavy object both fall at the same rate and hit the earth same time. Not in this case.

so you likely need similiar strength magnetic fields.
he used some really hefty pricey neodymium magnets. N50 strength.

I never have given any credit to the Boyd Bushman magnet experiment because the magnetic fields are so strong they can literally cause a drag on their rate of fall due to the magnetic field being so large. That field can affect a compass needle in a room probably up to 10 feet away. Check this video of the drag phenomena I'm talking about:

TimeFlipper

You reminded me of another "drag" effect during times in the early 1960s when making our own guitar pick ups...Some would use six individual magnets underneath each string of the standard 6 string guitar, compared to the simpler bar magnet that went underneath all of the 6 strings...We got the idea from Jim Burns who made his own fabulous Burns Guitars...I bought a Burns Vista Sonic Bass Guitar in 1974 :love:..

One of my friends discovered when placing his individual magnet too close to his top E string, it got slightly drawn down towards the magnet, thus causing it to be "out of tune" with the other 5 strings...We never knew what type of magnet we was using, we just bought (if cheap enough) or preferably "borrowed" what ever magnets we could find to make our own guitar pick ups ;)..

Picture below is of 3 Burns Tri-Sonic pick ups for their 6 string guitars, using individual magnets, next to it is a picture of a Burns Vista Sonic bass guitar, identical to the one I had, and should have kept! :cry:..

I did more testing. I found through a different positioning of the magnets on the coil (perpendicular to the coil, but at the end) I found that there is a relatively significant change on the less sensitive scale. A 2 gram increase

NaturalPhilosopher

I never have given any credit to the Boyd Bushman magnet experiment because the magnetic fields are so strong they can literally cause a drag on their rate of fall due to the magnetic field being so large. That field can affect a compass needle in a room probably up to 10 feet away. Check this video of the drag phenomena I'm talking about:

get a 10 foot stick

Last edited:

Mayhem

Zenith
@Antinventor2020 i wouldnt say your asking too many question creating threads thats ok. What i will comment on is your description of " this is your source for information on given subject which you have stated in probably half a dozen threads.

This might in a roundabout way inhibit other members from starting threads on similar subjects.