sosuemetoo

Multiple Time Lines Article

From the Cold Lake Sun, Coldlake, Alberta, Canada
August 17, 2004

Link: http://coldlakesun.com/story.php?id=113122

Written by Chris Miller - a member of ttf.tk

More than one reality
Chris Miller

COLD LAKE -- Recent discoveries in quantum physics and in cosmology shed new light on how the mind interacts with matter.
These discoveries compel acceptance of the idea that there is more than one universe and that we constantly interact with many of these "hidden" universes.

Multiple reality
"There is no one reality. Each of us lives in a separate universe. That's not speaking metaphorically. This is the hypothesis of the stark nature of reality suggested by recent developments in quantum physics," stated M.R. Franks, a life member of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, and also a law professor who authored The Universe and Multiple Reality.
But what is multiple reality? How do parallel universes interconnect? He says many universes exist that differ from our own. Another universe exists that differs from ours only in that the Earth has two natural moons. Another universe exists where there is no Earth. Another exists in which Hansa Thaleshvar is not the mayor.
He said that if a universe can be imagined, it exists.
"I believe that life occurs in dimensions, and that there are an infinite number of dimensions," said Zachary Cabon, a public health nutritionist from Greensboro, North Carolina.

Schr?dinger's cat
There is an imaginary experiment devised in 1935 by physicist Erwin Schr?dinger.
A cat is placed in a box. A quantum event determines randomly whether this imaginary cat is poisoned or not. As a result, the universe splits into two copies, one containing a live cat and the other a dead cat. Both universes contain one copy of the experimenter too, each one thinking he is unique.
Because each of these worlds is dynamic, the live cat goes on living in the one world, while in the other world someone takes the carcass out of the box and buries it.

Fay Wray dead in 1985?
Fay Wray, the actress born on a ranch outside of Cardston, Alberta, achieved everlasting fame as the damsel held atop the Empire State Building by the giant ape in the 1933 classic, King Kong. She died Aug. 9 at the age of 96.
Yet others claim that she already died many years ago!
"I remember the day that Fay Wray died. It was Dec. 14, 1985," Susan Gardner told the Sun. "The reason I remember is that was the day I was married. The television was on, my mother was steaming my wedding dress and they announced it. So the time of the announcement would have been around 6:30 p.m. I discussed her death with several people that evening."
Gardner also recalls watching news of Mickey Rooney?s death on CNN years before he actually died. She also remembers Betty White dying.
"Betty White, the reason that is significant is because it?s my mother's name and we always used to kid my mother about it. I cannot remember the actual date, but I thought that was the reason they cancelled the TV show Golden Girls," said Gardner.
Is there a logical explanation for these strange occurrences -- bad memory or false memory, for instance?
"Looking at what I know now, I have a very good memory. My parents are always fascinated by the fact that I can remember every telephone number and street address we had since I was five years old. We moved every 18 months because my father was in the military," she said.

Mancuso?s memory
Cindy Mancuso shared a similar experience, noting that she recalled the deaths of both Stephen Hawking and Lawrence Welk, even though both of them were still very much alive.
"This has happened to me before, when I was younger," admitted Mancuso. "I lived in a timeline where Roy Orbison died in a fire in his house only to be joyfully surprised by his comeback. Then he died again."
This phenomenon has occurred to Mancuso and her husband regarding news stories where they look at each and say, "Hey, that isn't how I remember it!"
She said that she feels like she?s living in a science fiction movie. "It is almost like our ?memories? have adjusted to new facts and now all we can remember is there was a time slip."
She has tried to fathom why these occurrences involve mostly people in "show biz". She believes that these are standouts because they involve famous people and she can note the memory corruption. In other words, to recall an alternate timeline requires a cognitive dissonance for the person to register it. As for an event that does not create cognitive dissonance, they could be happening all the time and we would be completely unaware of it.
"In insignificant or minor occurrences with things I am not familiar with or interested in, I would not necessarily register the difference. Also, we would all be insane if we were slipping into different timelines and could remember it," explained Mancuso.

Thank You, Chris for a very good article!

"Mom"

StarLord

That would explain why very many people claimed I was not of this world, as my information, for many years didn't quite jibe with their's.

Case in point, I remember seeing a specific type of 4 wheel motorcycle in the orient and riding them. My father, after hearing this revelation told me that that was not possible as they had not been built until about 10 years later.

Yet, my memory is more than real, as I experienced it and knew it to be a fact for me. I was smart enough to say nothing and let it go.

Of course, it could have been a bad bean I ate.

diabeditor

I am glad that I have been able to explain this theory in a conservative, mainstream newspaper and not be laughed at for it. There's definitely something going on here, otherwise why would so many people have these "false memories"?

StarLord

The old "diabolical mind control theory of the govt." by ways of Flouride in the water?? :D Everybody drinks it possibly.

prinze

This might explain why so many people are having visions of the Sears Tower in Chicago being hit by terrorists.

Strangevisitor

one day I was driving to school and I looked over at an empty lot and thought, "Wasn't there a building there yesterday?" It is a weird feeling. It is like something scratching at the back of your brain. Like when you're trying to remember somone's name and just can come up with it.

Fringan

I somewhat agree with the article but not much. I don't at all believe in people living in different realities bringing memories to other realities. I DO belivie there might be multiple timelines etc. but I think that if some people had unknowingly moved between different ones it would be too easy to prove. In fact, I think if the above was the case there would be plenty of evidence like photos and videotapes showing the same place but with different content, like ie. a house or whatever.

I think the author takes a wrong turn where he says "Each of us lives in a separate universe". I agree that there could be an infinite number of each of us in as many universes but I don't think the different universes are somehow mixed together or sometimes get mixed together.

To the authors question "Is there a logical explanation for these strange occurrences -- bad memory or false memory, for instance?" I believe theres a simple answer, namely "Yes, bad or false memory". There is proof in the experiment with Schr?dinger's cat (except the universe doesn't split because there are already two identical universes which in one the cat is poisoned and the other is not, the universes are only identical up to the point where the first event to trigger the cats eventual poisoning occurs). In none of the cases Schr?dinger is aware of what is happening in the other universe and so none of the two experimenters has memories from the other.

However, I would be interested in reading in what new way our minds are interacting with matter on a quantum level that might proves we can interact with other minds in other universes (that hasn't even been proven to exist yet). By the way, our "minds" are ofcourse the result of proteins, aminos and other matter interacting - matter interacting matter which is not that new :)

Ralan

Schrodinger, Erwin! Professor of physics!
Wrote daring equations! Confounded his critics!
(Not bad, eh? Don't worry. This part of the verse
Starts off pretty good, but it gets a lot worse.)
Win saw that the theory that Newton'd invented
By Einstein's discov'ries had been badly dented.
What now? wailed his colleagues. Said Erwin, "Don't panic,
No grease monkey I, but a quantum mechanic.
Consider electrons. Now, these teeny articles
Are sometimes like waves, and then sometimes like particles.
If that's not confusing, the nuclear dance
Of electrons and suchlike is governed by chance!
No sweat, though--my theory permits us to judge
Where some of 'em is and the rest of 'em was."
Not everyone bought this. It threatened to wreck
The comforting linkage of cause and effect.
E'en Einstein had doubts, and so Schroedinger tried
To tell him what quantum mechanics implied.
Said Win to Al, "Brother, suppose we've a cat,
And inside a tube we have put that cat at--
Along with a solitaire deck and some Fritos,
A bottle of Night Train, a couple mosquitoes
(Or something else rhyming) and, oh, if you got 'em,
One vial prussic acid, one decaying ottom
Or atom--whatever--but when it emits,
A trigger device blasts the vial into bits
Which snuffs our poor kitty. The odds of this crime
Are 50 to 50 per hour each time.
The cylinder's sealed. The hour's passed away. Is
Our pussy still purring--or pushing up daisies?
Now, you'd say the cat either lives or it don't
But quantum mechanics is stubborn and won't.
Statistically speaking, the cat (goes the joke),
Is half a cat breathing and half a cat croaked.
To some this may seem a ridiculous split,
But quantum mechanics must answer, "Tough @#&!
We may not know much, but one thing's fo' sho':
There's things in the cosmos that we cannot know.
Shine light on electrons--you'll cause them to swerve.
The act of observing disturbs the observed--
Which ruins your test. But then if there's no testing
To see if a particle's moving or resting
Why try to conjecture? Pure useless endeavor!
We know probability--certainty, never.'
The effect of this notion? I very much fear
'Twill make doubtful all things that were formerly clear.
Till soon the cat doctors will say in reports,
"We've just flipped a coin and we've learned he's a corpse."'
So saith Herr Erwin. Quoth Albert, "You're nuts.
God doesn't play dice with the universe, putz.
I'll prove it!" he said, and the Lord knows he tried--
In vain--until fin'ly he more or less died.
Win spoke at the funeral: "Listen, dear friends,
Sweet Al was my buddy. I must make amends.
Though he doubted my theory, I'll say of this saint:
Ten-to-one he's in heaven--but five bucks says he ain't."

Cecil Adams

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Originally posted by Fringan@Aug 27 2004, 08:34 PM
I think the author takes a wrong turn where he says \"Each of us lives in a separate universe\". I agree that there could be an infinite number of each of us in as many universes but I don't think the different universes are somehow mixed together or sometimes get mixed together.

Technically the author is right, we do live in little pocket Universe's, each the creation of our own perception. How do you know that the world is what it is? By seeing, tasting, touching, smelling and hearing the world around you. To assume that everyone see's, hears, tastes' touches and smells the same world that you do, is preposterous. Why? Well, we know that barring a disability which impairs the function of a major sense, we are all technically made to the same basic blueprint and capable of sensing the same stimuli. But, literally trillions of us have been built over the last coupla hundred millenia and we must assume that basic design defects are endemic to the process, else we would all be the same in our functional sex groupings.

We are not, my Medulla is vastly different to Satan's, so is my Cerebellum and my Amygdala. The nerves from my fingers are a different length to his as is the depth of both my epidermis and subcutaneous fat layers. Add to this, the simple fact that my brain chemistry is different and my eyesight operates with a completely different layout of the nerve cabling to occipital cortex, then you see how vastly different we are.

In essence, the Universe that I percieve is not the same as his, yet there are constants. Water is wet, Padraic is still a liar and the Moon orbits both our perceptions of the Earth on which we both live. Our perception of time is also different and as such, we are in different perceptual realities for ever and a day, never to share the same perception of Space and Time. You have an experience and all that data from the experience has impacted organic sensors, travelled down nerve pathways, over axons and dendrytes, navigating the nueral nexus to be dissassembled, interpreted and cognitavely processed by a machine that shares no architectural parity with any other like machine, you can't be surprised that aren't in the same Universe.

To the authors question \"Is there a logical explanation for these strange occurrences -- bad memory or false memory, for instance?\" I believe theres a simple answer, namely \"Yes, bad or false memory\". There is proof in the experiment with Schr?dinger's cat (except the universe doesn't split because there are already two identical universes which in one the cat is poisoned and the other is not, the universes are only identical up to the point where the first event to trigger the cats eventual poisoning occurs). In none of the cases Schr?dinger is aware of what is happening in the other universe and so none of the two experimenters has memories from the other.

Why are there two Cats? Is it inconceivable that the Cat simply dies? In this instance, we don't have to worry about alternate time-lines do we? ;)

However, I would be interested in reading in what new way our minds are interacting with matter on a quantum level that might proves we can interact with other minds in other universes (that hasn't even been proven to exist yet). By the way, our \"minds\" are ofcourse the result of proteins, aminos and other matter interacting - matter interacting matter which is not that new :)

No, that is not the way our minds work. If it were that simple, we'd have no crimes, nor criminals. In fact, following a simple surgical procedure, every Government on Earth would have a happy population.

The brain may work by complex bio-nuerological processes which are analogous to your statement here, but the invidious complexities of the mind are not so simply labelled for all to see.

The Brain is already a quantum machine, that's why we don't completely understand what it does, or how it does it.

If anyone can solve this perplexing conundrum, please send your answers on a virtual postcard to: [email protected]. :lol: