My friend; The Vampire

AdrianDevulge

Re: My friend; The Vampire

Alright, Lets also point out that I posted where everybody else was posting introductions who were TimeTravelers. Where does this K-17 virus come from? I never mentioned it? Who said it was even a virus, you are making some assumptions there. Did your ancestors contract a virus that made you human?

Toxic for one, lost his password does not feel the need to explain his absence and is currently engaged at work. If you have not noticed Toxic has been around a very long time. On the two previous versions of this board and the most recent. He also is a bit iffy about posting at all. Going months according to him without posting a word.

He has a new video card on his AlienWare and spends most his mornings playing Deus Ex: Invisible wars or the new Unreal Tournament..

About the virus, see my first point. Who is to say it is a virus. Infact I have intentionaly directed people away from this assumption. Here let me tell you a lie that should make you take this with a more grain of salt. Since you seem to enjoy believing in fairytales.

I am a vampire, I am ten thousand years old. The first Vampire was Maharet and her lover who were possesed by demons. It is a curse for calling upon the demons in a time of need. I lived most of my life in Prague and spent my mortal years on a plantation in New Orleans. Of course being a Vampire I am adrogynous looking and enjoy confusing people as to wether I am a homosexual or not.

Does this help your warped view of life?

You know now that I think about it...Move this to whatever forum you wish, be it the joke Vampire forum or wherever the moderators believe this goes. Secondly I am now officially just a member of the board. I will neither deny nor encourage thoughts that I am a vampire. If asked I will answer questions but frankly I do not care weither you believe me or not. I am not here to defend myself or convince anyone of any single fact. I am here for the social interactions.

Lucidus

Hey Adrian,

If you can procreate with human females then you must be of the same species as humans. So what exactly do you think causes vampirism?

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
Hey Adrian,

If you can procreate with human females then you must be of the same species as humans. [/b]

Adrian has said he is a Dhampire, also known as homo nocturni. Half-human and half-vampire, the dhampire possesses much of the vampire's abilites: superhuman strength, speed, and agility; the ability to regenerate their bodies; as well as immunity to disease.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
So what exactly do you think causes vampirism? [/b]

Dhampires are very rare. In order for one to be created, one of two things have to take place. First, there can be issue from a sexual union between a vampire male and a mortal female, which usually doesn't carry to term and also kills the mother. However, there is another way, which is usually what happens. A mortal woman must be bitten while in a certain stage of her pregnancy, usually the first part of her third trimester. Again, this is uncertain, because if it's too early, then both the mother and the child will die.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Mudpuppy\")</div>
Adrian,
Does the description on the link above also describe characteristics of a dhampire? [/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"AdrianDeluge\")</div>
That is indeed the description of a Dhampire.[/b]

Keroscene

Adrian,

I've been thinking about this all day and couldn't help it any longer but I was wondering if you've happened to see any of the Blade movies and what your thoughts were on the similarities between him and you, Daywalker.

"Blade: Some mother@%&*!$ are always trying to ice skate uphill."

AdrianDevulge

I congratulate MudPuppy on her astounding research. True Mythological Vampires could very well exist. Exist and would be in hiding even more so than my stronger race. True Vampire's have many more weaknesses than I do or any of my allies. I for one have no trouble crossing running water, can laugh in the face of person bearing a cross, have no life threatening weakness to the sun, just discomfort and can feed much less. I can even digest food.

I do not pretend to be a biologist, I know not the differences in your DNA as compared to mine. But apes are not of the same species though they are of the same evolutionary chain (If you subscribe to evolution as opposed to creation.). The same could be with Vampires. We could in all honestly be a sub-species of Homo Sapien or your evolutionary better. Though I would not dare to be that presumptious. MudPuppy if you were not a faceless entity I could possibly grow fond of you.

I have seen the blade movies and could not bring myself to finish the series. While there are simularities between Blade and I, minus the fact I am Cuacasian the rest of the tale is dull and just a reason to show explosions and martial arts. The simularities between our race and the daywalker brings me to the conclusion that they had a vampire help right the story or the person who did so had knowledge of my species.

thereisnoproof

Re: I that is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"AdrianDevulge\")</div>
Well, to be frank. Yes I drink human blood. However I have no fear of diseases as all my \"donors\" are friends who have all been previously tested for all diseases that can be passed by fluid.

As of now I do not find donors, in the future some of my friends may move away and I may need to seek out others. In this case if they wish to donate they must be tested and have proof of age and of the medical tests. You cannot be too careful in this world.[/b]

you're just a sanguinarian.

Mudpuppy

Re: I that is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thereisnoproof\")</div>
you're just a sanguinarian.[/b]

"just?" As in, "just" your ordinary, garden varitey, blood drinking sanguinarian? Sorry....my fault....I had no idea that people who had a biological need to ingest blood were so common place. Guess I need to get out more often.

Here are some words of wisdom I'd like to share:

DO NOT be afraid to ask questions. Many on this board are willing to help those who do seek a better understanding and enjoy doing so.

DO try to be as informed as possible when discussing issues and questions with those who can enlighten you. It is useless for anyone to spend an hour typing a post only to have to retype all the same answers over and over because of failure to either take the time to read entire posts/threads or inability to comprehend. Have some respect for those who take the time to answer your questions.

DO NOT assume that you know all there is to know regarding the topic being discussed. Ignorance and arrogance are the worst enemies of one who is seeking understanding. Even after years of seeking, I cannot claim to have all the answers, and to do so would only be fooling myself.

DO put your ego away, or you will not learn nothing.

DO study, examine and question every information source you find. Take in as many different points of view as you can on a subject, then find from those various insights what is right for YOU.

DO NOT assume that because someone in the community is well known or popular that he/she has all the answers. Often this is not the case and popularity is certainly no measure of wisdom.

DO NOT make assumptions about those you are not familiar with, based on preconceptions, misinformation, rumors, or anything else. Everyone deserves an opportunity to show who they are.

DO try to retain an open mind when dealing with things of any occult or strange nature. It is through our open-minded approach that we are best suited to learn and evolve.

DO try to understand that everyone has their own reality and perceptions...no two people are capable of seeing things exactly the same way, and you should expect there to be differences in opinion and respect those differences.

DO NOT try to categorize and label people that do not want to be labeled. To recognize or make certain observations concerning a certain trait or condition is one thing, but to make judgements about a person or group of people based on superficial aspects is wrong. Also note that "real" and "true" or "reality" and "truth" are all subjective and are not valid as definition terms. Noone has a monopoly on the truth and what is "real". We are all what we are. Reality is unique to each individual.​

JCash88

I agree a good deal with much of the 'guidelines' mudpuppy pointed out in the above post. While I'm not here to ridicule anyone for their beliefs/lifestyles, I am here to make assumptions contrary to what Adrian seems to be opposed to doing as stated in a previous post. Where would this forum be without assumptions?

With that said, I am very skeptical of his truthfullness for an array or different reasons. For example, surely there would be studies of vampirism in the limelight if it so happened to exist as Adrian has portrayed it- Life expectency of vampires, studies regarding disease resistense based on vampire DNA, etc. all would be making their round around the media.

I do, however, believe there IS a vampiric disease that affects humans in a way which is much less drastic. I'm open to listen to your views, Adrian, but I will [not] let go of my skeptic roots. There are just too many factors that play against your stories.

Best,
Jacob

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JCash88\")</div>
I agree a good deal with much of the 'guidelines' mudpuppy pointed out in the above post. While I'm not here to ridicule anyone for their beliefs/lifestyles, I am here to make assumptions contrary to what Adrian seems to be opposed to doing as stated in a previous post. Where would this forum be without assumptions? [/b]

Well, I certainly appreciate you not wanting to ridicule anyone. That never really enhances a person's posts. You use the word "assume" when I think what you might actually be doing is having an "opposing viewpoint". My First Sgt. always said to "assume" makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me" (ass-u-me). I'm just saying it before someone else does. But I am in no way applying it to you or anyone else. Just adding a little levity. And you are dead on to ask where this forum would be without opposing viewpoints. Opposing viewpoints give us a well rounded view where our perspectives were limited before. We need them, we encourage them and we appreicate them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JCash88\")</div>
With that said, I am very skeptical of his truthfullness for an array or different reasons. For example, surely there would be studies of vampirism in the limelight if it so happened to exist as Adrian has portrayed it- Life expectency of vampires, studies regarding disease resistense based on vampire DNA, etc. all would be making their round around the media.I do, however, believe there IS a vampiric disease that affects humans in a way which is much less drastic. [/b]

There is a study of vampirism....just in the past six months, I've seen two different documentaries on vampires from a medical point of view. I believe they were on The Discovery Channel and The Learning Channel. I'm not sure how much limelight you would expect on such a subject. Afterall, UFOs are much more excepted than vampires and it's only taken 50 years to get Peter Jennings to do a somewhat serious documentary on them. Subjects like this don't take to the limelight very easy because most professionals don't want their reputations tarnished by having put that limelight on....be it in research articles or other media. What other spotlight do you feel should be put on it in order to prove or disprove it? Also, I don't think that vampires are a subject that most people tend to really care about and we all knows that is what drive the media/spotlight.

I think, for now, instead of trying to debunk people who claim to be vampires, we should listen to what they have to say. If they spend all their time trying to "prove" themselves, then they won't be spending time talking about aspects of vampirism that others are curious about. I think that because Toxic opriginally posted this topic in Chit/Chat and had the word "hoax" in it, that tended to bring out the debunkers. Now that the chit-chat has developed in serious discussions, and it has been placed where it belongs, I would enjoy reading more of the stories that Adrian said he had wanted to share in the beginning.

I realize Jacob that you are grappeling with whether to believe or not and I appreciate your candor and opposing viewpoints. I think now that you've been allowed to express that, that Adrian, or anyone else on this board, should also be afforded the same in saying what it is they would like to say without constantly feeling as if they have to defend themselves. That doesn't really encourage anyone who has a story to tell to come to the forum and share it.

Thanks,

Kelley