My New Job

Keroscene

Re: My New Job

This ain't gonna be hard, I'll contact you tonight if you want.

Yes definitely. I'll use this for the whole system if you can edit it. Awesome man, this has saved me a lot of work. I hope I can return the favor some day. Thanks again.

DoctorZ

THinkharder is my alternate internet name

So I took a job populating and maintaining an inventory database for a heating and cooling busniess. There's alot of data entry and alot of downtime while i wait for new data to populate the database. I think the arcade here at paranormalis is going to get a good workout. I don't know if I want to drop construction for this, but so far I'm kind of liking it. So do all I.T. jobs give you alot of free time or did I just get lucky?
congradulation K , i know its hard for people these days to get a decent job so i wish you a lot of success in your new endeavour

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

IT jobs are definitely the bee's knees. LOTS of downtime (if you work smart, not hard)... Only con is I'm on call 24/7 for emergencies. Kind of makes taking day-trips a little risky.

Keroscene

IT jobs are definitely the bee's knees. LOTS of downtime (if you work smart, not hard)... Only con is I'm on call 24/7 for emergencies. Kind of makes taking day-trips a little risky.

It ain't too bad. Once I get the system up and running with all the bugs worked out I'm going to run it off remote desktop. I know what you mean though, I'm going to be married to this stinking system now.

Keroscene

I was reading about VPN vs running remote desktop because some SQL server ports are blocked over the internet? Would it be worth the time to set up a virtual private network vs the internet and remote desktop? Anyone have any preference over the two for this sort of thing?

Harte

Hey I was wondering if you could give me a tip on inserting barcodes into my excel spreadsheets..
No, but I could tell you how to insert excellently spread meats like beef tip into my barbecue.

Too much shop talk. You dudes need to exchange numbers, get a room, whatever! lol

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Hey, what's up ?

I didn't reply to your last question, are still working on the same projects ?