My son is in the hospital

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Need prayers. My son has developed Type 1 Diabetes. I need a place to talk this out. I'm trying to remain strong, but my body decides to give me anxiety and I already lost 2 lbs over night from night sweats. But that is the least of my concerns.

He had extreme thirst for a week, so I checked his blood sugar and it is through the roof. His A1C is 14. He's only 14. They said it's Type 1 diabetes and it will be life long. Furthermore, insulin isn't cheap --- $150 per vial on a discount plan. I'm sorry, but Biden did not lower the prices. I'm sure some people will put a laughing face on this post, but let's hope those people can just move on. I just need a place to vent right now. My son doesn't deserve this. He's an awesome boy...so sweet and smart.

My husband stayed with him last night because I needed to take all my medications and feed all my animals, but I'm headed back to the hospital shortly.

Prayers please.

Paula

Wind7

Staff
Need prayers. My son has developed Type 1 Diabetes. I need a place to talk this out. I'm trying to remain strong, but my body decides to give me anxiety and I already lost 2 lbs over night from night sweats. But that is the least of my concerns.

He had extreme thirst for a week, so I checked his blood sugar and it is through the roof. His A1C is 14. He's only 14. They said it's Type 1 diabetes and it will be life long. Furthermore, insulin isn't cheap --- $150 per vial on a discount plan. I'm sorry, but Biden did not lower the prices. I'm sure some people will put a laughing face on this post, but let's hope those people can just move on. I just need a place to vent right now. My son doesn't deserve this. He's an awesome boy...so sweet and smart.

My husband stayed with him last night because I needed to take all my medications and feed all my animals, but I'm headed back to the hospital shortly.

Prayers please.

Paula

Prayers sent.

MODAT7

Yeah, don't get me started about what obamacare and the LWO did to the medical system. They screwed me and millions others over badly,then have the audacity to praise themselves for their "work". I've been hypoglycemic my whole life. With my health getting worse, I'm high risk to flip to diabetes. This makes me keep an eye out for more natural treatments.

A couple years ago I ran into a simple phrase uttered by a guy with diabetes that the prescription drug cartels probably don't want known. He also mentioned the high cost of insulin and he was having a very bad time keeping his blood sugar levels stable. He had already cut out all sugars, but that didn't help much. What got him stabilized was ALSO cutting out all carbohydrates... which makes sense as these easily metabolize to glucose. After that, the guy hardly had to use insulin. A young teenage boy probably won't want to hear this, but this could help him lead a normal life while not breaking the bank.

Here's wishing things go well.

Secretman3811

Prayers please.

Paula
I barely alive by Type 2 diabetes and have chemical imbalance I will pray for you but it like on welfare system don't know how much longer this gov system it a miracle from Jesus Christ I am alive.,I will pray for him peace and light to you

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yes, carbs very bad as they turn to sugars too fast. I would recommend a strict keto diet as soon as possible. Hope

With Type 1 insulin is given before the food, not after. He needs insulin no matter what he eats. Keto diet would send him to the ER. He cant have ketones. For a diabetic, large ketones can be fatal and he'd end up in ICU. He’s also slightly underweight. He has to follow strict guidlelines and there is no cure. He will always need insulin. It’s genetic, unlike type 2. He is also a growing teen and needs carbs for energy.

Please realize that I am not asking for medical advice, as I had 3 hours of education at the hospital. Thank you for caring, though. I do understand you all have good intentions.

I'll take money advice, though. I'm going to probably owe over $50,000. Welcome to America.

Last edited: