My son is in the hospital

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yes, carbs very bad as they turn to sugars too fast. I would recommend a strict keto diet as soon as possible. Hope
Yeah, don't get me started about what obamacare and the LWO did to the medical system. They screwed me and millions others over badly,then have the audacity to praise themselves for their "work". I've been hypoglycemic my whole life. With my health getting worse, I'm high risk to flip to diabetes. This makes me keep an eye out for more natural treatments.

A couple years ago I ran into a simple phrase uttered by a guy with diabetes that the prescription drug cartels probably don't want known. He also mentioned the high cost of insulin and he was having a very bad time keeping his blood sugar levels stable. He had already cut out all sugars, but that didn't help much. What got him stabilized was ALSO cutting out all carbohydrates... which makes sense as these easily metabolize to glucose. After that, the guy hardly had to use insulin. A young teenage boy probably won't want to hear this, but this could help him lead a normal life while not breaking the bank.

Here's wishing things go well.

He will
never be normal. This is type 1 not type 2.

MODAT7

I'll take money advice, though. I'm going to probably owe over $50,000. Welcome to America.
If that is the raw price outside of insurance (likely given how stupidly high it is), there are consultants who will argue the price down quite a bit. Their costs vary. I've noticed that with my hospital bills that they tend to overcharge by 8x from the final insurance bill. I consider this to be very dishonest and criminal. Once your son is stable, you need to take him and leave. They will argue to keep him there one more day, but that will cost you another $2k for nothing. He can go through final recovery just as well at home. Make a follow up appointment with your regular doctor afterwards for the monthly insulin prescriptions.

Please realize that I am not asking for medical advice, as I had 3 hours of education at the hospital. Thank you for caring, though. I do understand you all have good intentions.
The doctors are going to tell you what they want you to believe... not necessarily the truth of the situation. Don't fully accept it until you've done your own research. Part of it will be true, but part of it won't. This comes from my 20 years of experience of being a very unwilling "professional patient".

MODAT7

Since it doesn't seem you have insurance, I'll also add to NOT SIGN ANYTHING BILL RELATED until you talk to one of those consultants. The Medical Industrial Complex will take advantage of you in your fear and grief and will take you for everything they possibly can. They make loan sharks look like saints... another thing I consider quite criminal about "the industry".

Secretman3811

Since it doesn't seem you have insurance, I'll also add to NOT SIGN ANYTHING BILL RELATED until you talk to one of those consultants. The Medical Industrial Complex will take advantage of you in your fear and grief and will take you for everything they possibly can. They make loan sharks look like saints... another thing I consider quite criminal about "the industry".
I agree but this force a person who have to take cov shot like a flu shot all they care is money

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
We haven’t seen a bill or signed anything because they are going to try getting us medicaid for him, but I won’t hold my breath.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Thanks for letting me talk. I had a rough day yesterday. I woke up with night sweats and vomiting, but I'm much better this morning other than a headache. My son is always hungry. He has make sure his meals are big enough. But he's coping well and starting to do his sugars himself.

8thsinner

Yes, carbs very bad as they turn to sugars too fast. I would recommend a strict keto diet as soon as possible. Hope this helps.
Actually no, I won't go into the science of it, but cook your carbs one day in advance and let them sit overnight in the fridge and you do not get those spikes. look it up if you want to know the chemical break down of why though. I can usually remember physics better than chemistry.

8thsinner

Thanks for letting me talk. I had a rough day yesterday. I woke up with night sweats and vomiting, but I'm much better this morning other than a headache. My son is always hungry. He has make sure his meals are big enough. But he's coping well and starting to do his sugars himself.
Hunger is the body telling you it NEEDS to enter into apohagy I think it's called, where it breaks down collected sugars and fats in order to return to efficiently functioning normal mode. If you were to pay attention to your body, you wouldn't eat during this time, you fast...some of the ketosis guys understand this better then others. But fasting should be normal.

And diabetes is just the need to detox poisons related to the chemistry of inorganically and poisoned sugars.
It's perfectly curable with organic foods, and more careful attention on the consumption of toxins so rampant in todays foods.
Normal organic fruit sugars will never be a problem once the toxins are gone. It is synthetic processed crap that causes the problems.

Like it or not, he can either suffer for the rest of his life listening to big pharma lies, or make informed healthy food choices and never have a problem. Having a garden to grow your own heirloom seeds would be ideal here, but bottle gardens and hydroponics can be made to work even in small spaces.