Debate Nephilim: Angels or Aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I will just say that there were Giants and that there is an archaeological record of such giants...Irregardless of knit picking the evidence is there that they did and still do exist....There is a lot more but your persistence in impressing Paula Jedi is getting rather fucking annoying.

You're taking things too personally again. I believe there were giants, but I like to listen to alternate points of view and run them through my mind.
So, his stance doesn't offend me and he isn't trying to impress me. He's doing what he has always done --- expressing his opinion. We can actually choose to not be offended by different opinions. I enjoy taking it all into consideration, especially if I don't truly have evidence that my opinion is fact. It never hurts to consider other points of view.

The Bible is a historical document and although we cannot PROVE some of it, it came from somewhere. It started from something. And although I can't prove it, I think Earth is older than we think and that we had a civilization that somehow became destroyed and we are finding remnants of it. We may have to literally dig even deeper to find more. And, also, keep in mind that governments hide just about everything these days.

Minion, please just relax and let Harte be Harte. Let me be me. Let people be who they are and you'll be much happier. Feel free to continue sharing your thoughts, just chill a bit.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The earliest version of the story we have comes from the Dead Sea Scrolls. There he is listed as 6 ft. 6 in. It's not a translation thing.

Carved footprints don't indicate anything except people can carve stone.

Yes, the Bible says there were giants. So what? The Bible says a lot of things that aren't evidenced and the Bible itself is not evidence.

The height of this skeleton (from the 5th Century AD, by the way,) hasn't been reported, just that it was a "large man."
Men get large. They are not giants.

No, they prove absolutely nothing beyond there are idiots that want so bad to believe in giants that they'll say anything and grasp at any straws.

Harte

It sounds like the biggest problem is defining "giant". So, maybe we can say there used to be very tall people, taller than most. They could have been Europeans, though. LOL!!!!

I'm actually wondering if human evolution is done making us tall. Here is an example: Due to the mix of hispanics in America, the average height of men and women in America has decreased. I was standing in the women's bathroom at the mall yesterday, and I think I was the tallest one there. I'm 5'3".
I'm not used that! I've been considered pretty darn short for the longest time. So, to me, 6 feet tall is a giant!

Harte

It sounds like the biggest problem is defining "giant". So, maybe we can say there used to be very tall people, taller than most. They could have been Europeans, though. LOL!!!!
There still are very tall people, taller than most.
I'm actually wondering if human evolution is done making us tall. Here is an example: Due to the mix of hispanics in America, the average height of men and women in America has decreased. I was standing in the women's bathroom at the mall yesterday, and I think I was the tallest one there. I'm 5'3".
I'm not used that! I've been considered pretty darn short for the longest time. So, to me, 6 feet tall is a giant!
6 feet may be a giant to you, but it ain't exactly beanstalk territory.

Harte

Harte

I will just say that there were Giants and that there is an archaeological record of such giants...Irregardless of knit picking the evidence is there that they did and still do exist....There is a lot more but your persistence in impressing Paula Jedi is getting rather fucking annoying.
There is no hint of giants in any archeological record.

I'm not trying to impress anyone. Just pointing out facts.

Harte

It would be like Jesus Christ...There is no hard archaeological evidence to support him other than what is written in the bible...But yet many consider him to have lived even though the evidence does not support it...

Like my signature history is more or less bunk......Giants are spoken of throughout the archaeological record in myth, legend, holy text etc...Even the famous Jewish historian Josephus speaks of giants.....

Just because there is no hard physical evidence does not mean they did not live.......People accept that Jesus lived even though the only evidence is in a book....The evidence of absence would be lacking hard physical proof..

I got no idea if any of that makes any fucking sense......! I plan to start another thread with more meat to it but I do not know when that will be..What with Christmas coming up and working on my website....

Harte

So you can't tell me what "evidence of absence" actually would be.
There's the problem. If evidence of absence doesn't exist, then anything goes, doesn't it?

Guess that means I can say clipped toenails became animated and built the pyramids for their own purposes.

Harte

So you can't tell me what "evidence of absence" actually would be.
There's the problem. If evidence of absence doesn't exist, then anything goes, doesn't it?

Guess that means I can say clipped toenails became animated and built the pyramids for their own purposes.

Harte
Yeah you could.....Its like Bigfoot, the very absence of evidence is to some is a sure indicator it exist..Its trying to use the lack of evidence in order prove something exist....LIke aliens, UFOs, Angels, Monsters even Giants...Everything does not fit fucking neatly into the SKEPTIC world view..I once thought that...But contrary to popular belief SKEPTICS can be and are wrong at times...No one knows it all even you.

Status
Not open for further replies.