New Mad Cow scare in US announced today

ZeoEmeraude

Hey....if the cow kills ya, remember that we kill the cow.....fair is fair ya know. On another note...there are drugs on the street that will kill ya faster than Mad Cow Disease. Have ya ever seen someone hyped up on methemphetimines? Lemme tell ya...they look like the mad cow without the pasture. (IMO) "The Man" has a hand in it all. Control is the ultimate power for a nation. We have the free will to fry up a cat or a river rat and enjoy......it all tastes like chicken anyway. And if that aint your style....the Quaker Oat Man and Soylent Green can meet your protien needs.

Darkwolf

[/QUOTE]On another note...there are drugs on the street that will kill ya faster than Mad Cow Disease. Have ya ever seen someone hyped up on methemphetimines? Lemme tell ya...they look like the mad cow without the pasture. (IMO)
Tell me about it.

StarLord

Ice is the worse speed I have heard of to date and yes it is just like a crazed bull without the pasture. Serious things need to be done to stamp that out of our world because of the instant damage it does to people and those around them.

Judge Bean

The prion scare is the perfect Titor warning. If we are going to succumb to this disease, our fate is already fixed due to the extraordinary gestation period; we are helpless and do not know who will survive; we did it to ourselves innocently and many will now pay hell for it (End of the Worlders need a rational basis to punish millions of innocents)...

And it shows his astute manipulation of current events and hysterias.

The case for a very, very savvy Titor is building, and is looking more and more as though he either has access to the future or is a highly-skilled disinformation agent, or both.

Timmy G

The case for a very, very savvy Titor is building, and is looking more and more as though he either has access to the future or is a highly-skilled disinformation agent, or both.

I think you have an excellent view of Titor, Paul - very well said.

Judge Bean

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels-- men and women who dared to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."
--Eisenhower

I am beginning to entertain a third and intriguing possibility: that Titor is more or less who he says he is.

It really does answer a lot of questions, resolve a lot of riddles. It's the "more or less" that gives him the most wiggle room in my judgment.

I think he may have no more than a fancy crystal ball invented by Bell Labs and GE; or someone may have developed a method of emailing through time. Still.

I think that he is a they and that they are not amateurs at this business of apocalyptic social engineering, even if it turns out that their hardware is less than spectacular.

They obviously know more about what is to come than we do. Perhaps the technology they're using is "fuzzy," akin to early photography, and all they can make out is amorphous data from the future. Still.

The core question in my view is our choice of response to Titor. Fear should be the last resort. It's too late in the human drama to face the unknown and panic.
But-- should we consider ourselves revolutionaries?

What if he is a hoax that has been taken over by agents for propaganda purposes? This is, after all, what the Air Force did with the UFO story at first; and the fledgling CIA seems to have born out of the same slough.

Darkwolf

Paul, thats a REALLY interasting idea. E mail through time. So theoretically, he could have been sitting in 2036 and talking to us in unreal time. Hmm.
I tend to go with the somone who knows something trying to get a message out theory, but who knows.
I woulden't consider this a revolutionary group, all we are doing here is speculating, and talking. The internet would not be such a good place to discuss revolutions.

icepick_lobotomy

Statement by John Clifford, Deputy Administrator- Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service

November 23, 2004

"The USDA National Veterinary Services Laboratories (NVSL) in Ames, Iowa, has determined that the inconclusive screening test sample reported on Nov. 18 has tested negative for BSE upon confirmatory testing.

"The Nov. 18 sample is the first that has tested inconclusive under an APHIS protocol announced in August that calls for public reporting of screening results only after two reactive screens. NVSL used the immunohistochemistry (IHC) test, an internationally-recognized gold standard test for BSE, and received a negative result on Nov. 22. Because the Nov. 18 screening test results were reactive in both the first and second screens, NVSL scientists made the recommendation to run the IHC test a second time. On Nov. 23 they reported the second IHC test was negative. Negative results from both IHC tests makes us confident that the animal in question is indeed negative for BSE.

"APHIS began an enhanced surveillance program on June 1 and to date has tested over 121,000 samples for BSE. Screening tests are designed to be extremely sensitive and false positives are not unexpected. APHIS has reported three inconclusives including the Nov. 18 sample and all have tested negative on confirmatory testing."

Timmy G

Because the Nov. 18 screening test results were reactive in both the first and second screens, NVSL scientists made the recommendation to run the IHC test a second time.

:blink: Just what does this mean? They tested it at two screenings and it was reactive!? :D'oh: ...ummm, hey, lets keep testing it until it comes up negative shall we.

Although I can't find the article, I read that the Bush Administration has rejected the thought of screening all cattle for BSE. With the potential scare & length of gestation, wouldn't you think the government would want a standard? Maybe one in every 100 cows or something of that nature?

I wonder how many of those on Capitol Hill eat red meat from their local grocer?

Trism

I worry that the proven case of the BSE cow from Canada, and these "scares" are akin to finding one cockroach in your house. If you see one, you can be sure there are a hundred more hiding out somewhere. Also, it is very upsetting to me that the government is not allowing the cattle industry to do their own private testing.

http://www.tristateneighbor.com/articles/2...ries/news19.txt

http://foodhaccp.com/msgboard.mv?parm_func..._msgnum=1016054

http://www.newfarm.org/news/0404/041604/no...riv_tests.shtml