New Mad Cow scare in US announced today

Timmy G

I dunno about you guys but I find it kinda hard to see a civil war in the United States.

When stopping to give the big picture some serious thought... just how would a 'civil war' be started here in America? I believe, for starters, we need to rule out the images we get in our mind when we think of 'civil war'. I have stated elsewhere on the board that I don't think civil war will be started with a couple sides just tossin' lead around. I think the civil war has already started with our civil liberties being stripped away from us. To keep our minds narrow will result in something arriving at our front door without warning. People will grow progressivlely more tired of it all, until they finally pop.

Now Timmy G, exactly how are these people going to pop? That's a good question. I have to stop and think of the Los Angeles riots from a number of years ago. Remember that? What if riots on that scale and magnitude or even greater happened all over the country? Surely something, someday - will get people really really miffed off.

Take a whole bunch of city roits and thats all you need. Then the small towns will start rioting just because. There are far many more Americans getting fed up than there are people with badges to stop 'em.

....someday - the crap will indeed hit the fan.

Darkwolf

Timmy, it may start that way, but angry mobs have never overthrown anything. The rioting will most likely be the excuse for progressive martial law. Which will make resistors either orginize or die.

Mai

That's an idea I never heard before, Dancho. Thanks.

Even if 2004 marks the beginning of the "civil war", civil wars take a lot of time to develop below the surface until they explode. First of all, you need a lot of people who are willing to fight, kill and die for their cause. Then you need to give these people enough time to arm themselves, learn small unit tactics and weapons operations, and become used to serving in various military positions.

Most city folks in the US don't have this kind of knowledge and experience. Even if right now some of them are considering taking up arms against someone (which probably isn't happening anyway), they will need plenty of time to learn and plan their operations.

Because of this, I believe that Titor's war was not a city folk vs. country folk war, as it was described in other sites. I believe it was a government vs. country militia war-- with no involvement from the average city resident. It may even be possible that the city people were not aware, or were only partially aware, to the "civil war" (for all we know, it could have been a "secret war"). All this makes Dancho's ideas a lot more probable.

I truly can't see any other way for this "war" to happen, other than it being strictly a government vs. militia business.

Darkwolf

I truly can't see any other way for this \"war\" to happen, other than it being strictly a government vs. militia business

Thats pretty much what it was according to Titor. He thought of the city people as an enemy, but not so much as an active one. The city fold were the supporters of the government that was sending the military and police forces after them.
There are however armed groups within our cities that have been undergoing live fire training for decades. The street gangs are becoming politicized, and could turn into some fairly large light infantry formations. A desperate government would probably not hesitate to use them as shock troops if they could. Also they will probably take advantage of any breakdown in civil athority to grab power and or take out longstanding ethnic and economic bitternesses. There could have been a major ethnic component to Titor's war.

Also, Ive mentioned this before, but what I posted about the new free trade agreement puts it into a new light. It seems that those in power want to erase the borders. This is going to cause trouble between the government and the citizen's border defense groups. They have already arrested the leader of Ranch Rescue, and they seem to be starting a propaganda campaign against them similar to the one they launched against the Branch dividians. I predict that there is going to be conflict between the border defense militias, the government, and the armed hispanic nationalist groups that are all over the southwest. (haven't heard of them. hmmmm the news seems to be being pretty quiet about them, coincidence I'm sure.)

rx7lover86

Originally posted by Snakey@Nov 29 2004, 02:33 AM
I dunno about you guys but I find it kinda hard to see a civil war in the United States. No civil war happend when the stock market crashed in 1929 I think it was their was a revolution going on in the 60's but no civil war over Vietnam. I think john titor might have been true but I dunno we could be living on a changed timeline but then again he could be a fraud and just some guy who wanted to get everyone hyped up about a civil war but really no one I know on other message boards has been talking about a civil war and besides not many people where I come from carry guns much less know how to use them. I guess though in some parts of the USA people know how to use firearms really well but most of the american people are to caught up in their own lives to worry about a civil war so I just couldn't see it happening. But it still could... with the dollar dropping and the new draft and new bills being passed people could get really mad at the goverment and try to overthrow them... I dunno my thoughts are going both ways to no civil war and civil war anyways thats my take on the whole civil war thing lol.... IT COULD HAPPEN.....

It's hard to imagine but I see everything pointing that way. Titor said the war will develop because of degrading US foreign policy. And that the government thinks we want our safety more than our privacy. What I get out of this is that we are soon to see another attack from Al Quida. Even with the extra securities put in place since Sep 11th I think there are way too many vulnrabilities and we are all at risk of another attack. Bin Laden recently threatened the US with his video tape and just yesterday I saw on CNN that Bin Laden's right hand man mad another videotape and threatened the US again with another attack. I exect what John calls "this degrading US foreign policy" to drive the attacks, with great success on the US, in which we return fire and get even more upset. We're not about to back down now, which is what they want, yet they attack us telling us to back off. It's just going to get worse until we start sacrificing our privacy for security, which is what John says the government thinks the american people want but is not true. I can imagine some people would be willing to give up some of their constitutional rights in order to be protected from terror attacks but I feel it will get out of hand and this will start the war. Just an opinion, would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Timmy G

Timmy, it may start that way, but angry mobs have never overthrown anything. The rioting will most likely be the excuse for progressive martial law. Which will make resistors either orginize or die.
Bold emphasis in above quote is mine

Exactly my point Darkwolf.

My expression is merely a single ingredient in the whole caboodle. Sure, it will take a lot more than an angry mob - but as you so clearly pointed out - it will make resistors either organize or die. Other components could, and most likely will, involve the other ingredients brought to light in this forum; i.e. "major ethnic components" "militia groups" "citizen's border defense groups" etc.

...with no involvement from the average city resident. It may even be possible that the city people were not aware, or were only partially aware...
Mai - well said and I couldn't agree more.

Titor said the war will develop because of degrading US foreign policy
... somebody tell me this isn't happening :blink:

I believe the civil war has already started - and unless we are all prepared to sit back and do nothing, which I find highly unlikely, it will continue to escalate. My prediction is things my get a bit sticky during (and after) dub-ya's second inauguration.

StarLord

Forget guns. I think we are missing an important step here.

The proper use of information and knowledge is far more powerful than a bullet. Ideas are larger than bombs in effect. Try arming everybody with the truth of what is really happening.

I would much rather see a country struggleing with feeding a Billion sheep that just woke up and have refused to be herded like they used to be.

Darkwolf

Forget guns. I think we are missing an important step here.

The proper use of information and knowledge is far more powerful than a bullet. Ideas are larger than bombs in effect. Try arming everybody with the truth of what is really happening.

I would much rather see a country struggleing with feeding a Billion sheep that just woke up and have refused to be herded like they used to be.

I woulden't say forget guns. I would say for God's sake don't start using them untill you don't have any choice in the matter. Mao Tse Tung was right about one thing, pollitical power grows from the barrell of a gun. Without any potential military power, it doesn't matter if a group is armed with the truth. If the one group is willing and able to use force, they will always dominate the group that isn't, no matter who is right and who is wrong. That unfortunatly is the real world. Now a little mutual fear produces more respect in negotiations.

StarLord

With all due respect Darkwolf, to respond in kind is not the way to go. I think Ghandi had a better way. Massive and Total Passive Resistance.

Violence only begets violence. And an even bigger excuse to wipe out opposition.