New ways to look at Time Travel are needed

DoctorZ

THinkharder is my alternate internet name
Re: New ways to look at Time Travel are needed

THat's kind of a contradiction in and of itself if you think about it. Your unnatural presence in the past is essentially changing it. Your existence there is changing the past.
i would have to agree with that , but since no one came back yet and told us how or any machine i woul dhave to agree , so infact time travel is forbiden all together , unless you can travel only to the future and come back to the present , but as a good historian that i am i know where to go in the pass to not affect much of it that my presence would not interfer with the present timeline. in any case who ever first build a machine and can show a real photo of it , Win!
i know i got a head start

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I'm curious, where and when would you go exactly for your first trip, and why ?

DoctorZ

back in the 70' so i could set up a company and make sure i would have a constant and stable income when i come back to any time line between these date and the present , it would be a win win situation cuz i would make sure to jump by every year wich for a time traveler is mere minutes and check over my business , also i would make it a family affair to be sure it would stay afloat for a very long time so when i come back to the present i would be rich without having to cheat at the lottery.hows that for an answer,
cheers
Dr z

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Well, that would change the past ...right ? Even worst, you'd change the past for your personnal benefit, even Doc Brown didn't want that to happen with the Almanac in the first place. Companies and gambling are similar things when it comes to time travel.

I'm quite surprised by your answer.

Harte

back in the 70' so i could set up a company and make sure i would have a constant and stable income when i come back to any time line between these date and the present , it would be a win win situation cuz i would make sure to jump by every year wich for a time traveler is mere minutes and check over my business , also i would make it a family affair to be sure it would stay afloat for a very long time so when i come back to the present i would be rich without having to cheat at the lottery.hows that for an answer,
cheers
Dr z
Why not do that now?

After all, you are moving into the future as we speak.

Harte

DoctorZ

Why not do that now?

After all, you are moving into the future as we speak.

Harte
everything been done , back in the 70' nothing much was done so the door is wide open.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

You could start a time travel company in the far future, and take people back in time for vacation and school trips. You'd make some serious money with that, and it wouldn't be necessary to change the past.

DoctorZ

i dont think so can you imagine the missaps and danger for the unprepare to time travel , they would lsoe there mind, just fathoming the concept

DoctorZ

just today i got a message froman idiot on my timenomore message board he say are you crazy , then i wrote back asking why and be more specific how lame is that