old tech

HDRKID

Love old tech and this one looks steam punk even. This pocket watch with its own built in slide rule calculator use to be high tech in the 90's. Ah, 1890's that is. :)

Still, it does give us an idea of what we would have now if there never was any electricity in use. Certainly people would still need to tell time and do simple calculations, but what a pain. The last 100 years have seen a lot of progress. However, I wonder if we have taken a another path what we would see. What a different world it would be for us.

1890s_pocket_watch_with_calculator_slide_rule.jpg

Justinian

that's a subject I really enjoy. I like to read a lot of What If? books.

HDRKID

It was a different time, what can we say. Here is an ad from the 1890's. Well, I do not think it would be popular now. :)

26318_900.jpg

Justinian

There's a movie called "CSA: The Confederate States of America" I think it was a BBC productions. It's a movie based in present times on looking back at the CSA and how they won the Civil War and the history of the nation after that. It also has commercials in it for some really racy products. The commercials are not paid commercials to be inserted, but they were all real commercials that the BBC found and had put in the show. I'm not sure how accurate it would have been as it has the CSA enslaving every race that isn't white, and owning the entire Western Hemisphere.. But it's an interesting fictional documentary.