Online Shopping is Taking Over

Beholder

The scar cream I had to order online, because it was either free shipping to my door at regular price or pay twice as much for the last remaining tubes in the local pharmacy.

Wind7

Staff
Think about it ya can't live out in the sticks and have everything thats available in the burbs.

That's my exact reason for living where I do. (No-Where's-Ville)
Less is more and I like it that way, even if I have to drive 16 miles round trip to get groceries.

Our Walmart is hugely stocked with most everything you need,
not everyone is sold on online shopping up here so, Walmart corporate aren't readying
this store for closure anytime soon.

Most stores here have pretty positive demographics
well suited to the clientele and their needs.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
That's my exact reason for living where I do. (No-Where's-Ville)
Less is more and I like it that way, even if I have to drive 16 miles round trip to get groceries.

Our Walmart is hugely stocked with most everything you need,
not everyone is sold on online shopping up here so, Walmart corporate aren't readying
this store for closure anytime soon.

Most stores here have pretty positive demographics
well suited to the clientele and their needs.

Must be a Florida thing. We have a lot of New Yorkers flocking down and emptying shelves. It takes me 35 mins to get to the nearest store, and I’m 100% fine with that, but when you get there and they don’t have it, it’s like back to Amazon! And then Florida Amazon is no longer efficient. Not sure how it got so messed up down here.

Wind7

Staff
Must be a Florida thing. We have a lot of New Yorkers flocking down and emptying shelves. It takes me 35 mins to get to the nearest store, and I’m 100% fine with that, but when you get there and they don’t have it, it’s like back to Amazon! And then Florida Amazon is no longer efficient. Not sure how it got so messed up down here.

Ick!

Had that happen to me almost a year ago when we had a Gazillion inches of snow
and here I am driving...Verrryyy Sllooowly...all the way in just to find...> Nada. 👿
Ever tried calling a Walmart store to see if they stock an item?
I was put on hold for infinitum ad nauseum ...... It's like talking to lint.

Wind7

Staff
Be careful ordering from Amazon. China is selling things, lying about 2 day shipping. You really have to dig through several pages to find the seller location. Sometimes it says CN (China), and sometimes they lie and say California. It's getting ridiculous.

"Nobody will deliver out in the country"

This was a statement not a complaint. I cook. I don't need fast food. I love my 15 acres of forest.
Not only China, but India as well.

One of THE biggest scams happening all around the globe,
Is this one.

1704539665978.png

All you have to do is think this is real and call the number.
It will be somewhere in India! They make Billions off of our elderly, YEARLY.
I started a thread showing nothing but scammers and the "Scam Baiters" who are making it
a career exposing these crooks to the world. I really wish I could!

I've gotten, Texts-Phone calls-VMs & E-Mails......Etc.

Now, I have the email for these scam baiters and I have forwarded
many of the scams directly to them.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Not only China, but India as well.

One of THE biggest scams happening all around the globe,
Is this one.

View attachment 17627

All you have to do is think this is real and call the number.
It will be somewhere in India! They make Billions off of our elderly, YEARLY.
I started a thread showing nothing but scammers and the "Scam Baiters" who are making it
a career exposing these crooks to the world. I really wish I could!

I've gotten, Texts-Phone calls-VMs & E-Mails......Etc.

Now, I have the email for these scam baiters and I have forwarded
many of the scams directly to them.

Wow. It's getting worse by the day. They some how know how to manipulate their reviews, too.

I occasionally get texts, with spelling errors, telling me a package is at the post office and to click the link to figure out what's wrong.
Yeah, right. It's usually some bogus e-mail address. The thing is, the elderly get confused and fall for this. I constantly remind my father to either talk to me or go straight to the company in question.

MODAT7

As @Wind7's image shows, ALWAYS mouse over the links, fingers FAR AWAY from the mouse buttons, and see what the links really hide. I used to forward the "better" of the scams to the abuse emails, but those were overloaded and many shut down. Now I just delete them directly.

I've gotten a bunch of emails claiming to be "receipts" like the image above. More mail going straight to the trash. If there really was a charge, I'd just dispute it with my credit card bank. As a side note, it's far easier to dispute credit cards than debit cards. I never recommend anyone use a debit card on line.

I get some emails claiming to be the admins of my own domains telling me there was a server failure of some kind. Yeah, right. More deleted scams.

I've gotten some scam emails telling me they've infiltrated my computer and try to extort money from me. If I was running windoze, I might believe that a little, but nope, just another scam phishing email.

Our idiot governments could start prosecuting and shut many of these down, but they don't do anything. Lazy ass bastards. Protecting citizens is one of the biggest jobs of a government, but they don't care. Our politicians would rather play stupid games with everyone than do their jobs.