Opening A Real Dimensional Portals With Audio Frequency

Apri1

April, both the video`s shown were shown on You Tube..
Iam uncertain of what you are implying when you say compression distorts the the audio and video :unsure:

I'm referring to the experiment performed in the videos. On one he used a tone generator site. On the other, he played audio from a youtube video. The claim is that playing a pure tone in the hz provided would recreate the effect. It's a clear hoax as youtube distorts the sound. Feel free to read up on audio transcoding. It's banned from a lot of music sites for a reason.

Are you aware that every DVD is highly compressed to allow for more storage room on a single disc?, thats why you can see several movies all squashed (compressed) together on one disc, without any musical or visual signal corruption :)..

I'm not too familiar with DVD format in particular. "Highly compressed" usually means lossy compression. But yes, lossy compression to the naked eye/ear doesn't appear to have issues. That's why it's often used. Small files + no noticeable distortion. However, for pure tones, it's an issue. Youtube in particular transcodes all of the videos and audio uploaded to the site, to ensure they're playable in web browsers. While we might not hear any difference, it still exists.

So were you saying that the distortion you mention actually changes the frequencies in those two You Tube video clips, which prevented you from activating the portal, because of the frequency differentials? :D..

No. I used pure tone generators. I'm saying that the fact he used a youtube video is a clear sign of a hoax. I even went ahead and matched his setup exactly. Still nothing. It's an obvious hoax, but I tried it for the lulz since I had the equipment on hand (just some speakers and a pure tone generator).

TimeFlipper

@Apri1 Transcoding::Is the direct digital to digital conversion of one encoding to another, such as movie data files, for example, PAL SECAM NTSC, audio files MP3 WAV or character encoding..That is usually done in cases where a target device or work flow does not support the format or has limited storage capacity that mandates a reduced file size..Quoted from Wiki...

PAL SECAM and NTSC are the formats used in an analogue source, such as a VHS tape, consequently we have an A/D (Analogue to Digital) conversion process....

Back to Wiki, In the Analogue Video World, transcoding can be performed just by files being searched, as well as for presentation...For example, Cineon and DPX files have been widely used as a common format for Digital cinema, but the data size is about 8 terabytes..That large size can increase the cost and difficulty of handling movie files...However, transcoding into a JPEG2000 lossless format has better compression performance than other lossless coding technologies, and in many cases, JPEG2000 can compress images to half size...

Transcoding is commonly a lossy process, introducing generation loss (the more times you copy it, a descending poor quality occurs), however transcoding can be lossless if the output is either compressed or uncompressed...I dont have any info regarding why a lossy or lossless compression in a transcoding system, such as that being used by YouTube should be a problem which makes you say hoax, so would you clarify that for me please, when you matched your own system to the You Tube system, what was the specific difference? :)..

I think you need to tell me where any web site is actually banning audio transcoding, and i will check it out....I discovered complaints on one particular web site where its patrons are asking why arent illegal MP3 players banned, and some complaining about poor sound quality, but absolutely nothing about banning audio transcoding, that you mentioned o_O..

Apri1

@Apri1 Transcoding::Is the direct digital to digital conversion of one encoding to another, such as movie data files, for example, PAL SECAM NTSC, audio files MP3 WAV or character encoding..That is usually done in cases where a target device or work flow does not support the format or has limited storage capacity that mandates a reduced file size..Quoted from Wiki...

PAL SECAM and NTSC are the formats used in an analogue source, such as a VHS tape, consequently we have an A/D (Analogue to Digital) conversion process....

Back to Wiki, In the Analogue Video World, transcoding can be performed just by files being searched, as well as for presentation...For example, Cineon and DPX files have been widely used as a common format for Digital cinema, but the data size is about 8 terabytes..That large size can increase the cost and difficulty of handling movie files...However, transcoding into a JPEG2000 lossless format has better compression performance than other lossless coding technologies, and in many cases, JPEG2000 can compress images to half size...

Transcoding is commonly a lossy process, introducing generation loss (the more times you copy it, a descending poor quality occurs), however transcoding can be lossless if the output is either compressed or uncompressed...

Thanks for mansplaining?

I dont have any info regarding why a lossy or lossless compression in a transcoding system, such as that being used by YouTube should be a problem which makes you say hoax, so would you clarify that for me please, when you matched your own system to the You Tube system, what was the specific difference? :)..

YouTube transcodes all the videos that are uploaded. The reason is because web browsers cannot play every video format. So the conversion is done so that the videos are guaranteed to be watchable. They also use this as an opportunity to shrink the resolution so you can select quality. The claim was that you need a pure tone to create the effect. However, we know that because YouTube transcodes videos that the audio cannot be pure tone. Especially since YouTube compresses audio. So the claim must be false. For my recreation, I just used pure tones and didn't bother with YouTube videos.

I think you need to tell me where any web site is actually banning audio transcoding, and i will check it out....I discovered complaints on one particular web site where its patrons are asking why arent illegal MP3 players banned, and some complaining about poor sound quality, but absolutely nothing about banning audio transcoding, that you mentioned o_O..

The site I was thinking of was what.cd which I think is dead now and was invite only when it was up. The people I know are pretty hardcore about their music lol.

Cirrus

About 25 years ago, I had a friend who tried this experiment, it actually worked. He opened a portal to an unknown area, it appeared to be a room on the other side of the portal. He was very frightened and to test it, that what he was seeing was real. He decided to throw a broom that was nearby. He picked the broom up and through it through the portal, it went right through the portal and landed in the room on the floor on the other side of the portal. This also made him very scared as to what he had done. He then quickly shut his equipment down, the portal slowly closed and disappeared and he also noted there was a delay of the portal closing which was extremely slowly.

He was using an audio transducer driven and a few watts of audio power, in the audio range of human hearing. He never told me the audio frequencies he was using or the type of amplifier or transducer used. He said, “you never know what will come through the portal and escape into his world”

Well, at least now I know where that random broom came from....

Did your friend ever reveal the findings to someone else or just destroyed all evidence?

TimeFlipper

@Apri1 Oh dear, how convenient for you...what.cd was shut down on 17th October 2016, after a report that its servers were seized by French authorities, so your claim about web-site(s) banning transcoding, was as i expected, completely false, therefore no proof at all :LOL:..

Of course YouTube will convert the analogue VHS tapes into a digital format, for the purpose of its patrons (web browsers)...Just because they give the option to "shrink" down the video resolution doesnt imply that a hoax has been perpetrated...You say YouTube does not use "pure tones", because of the compression that exists within the transcoding, what does a pure tone mean to you?..

Are you are suggesting that somehow an audio signal (frequency) has been compromised by compression?...Every DVD has been through compression as i mentioned earlier, but when a DVD is being played, softwear allows the compression to be expanded, into a quality listening situation for everybody...

The "sharpness" we hear in a DVD is because of certain harmonics that have suppressed within the digital recordings....In analogue music, that "sharpness" is not as noticeable, because most of the original harmonics are still within the analogue recordings...Pure HI-FI enthusiasts will still use high quality vinyl recordings, with amps that contain valves, or "tubes" as they are commonly called now....Analogue "in this context means", all available audio frequency harmonics....Digital means, suppressed audio frequency harmonics...however the original sound frequencies of what ever they were, are still retained without any deviation...

Apri1

@Apri1 Oh dear, how convenient for you...what.cd was shut down on 17th October 2016, after a report that its servers were seized by French authorities, so your claim about web-site(s) banning transcoding, was as i expected, completely false, therefore no proof at all :LOL:..

Dude, literally just ask anyone who was on the site. I didn't frequent there, mostly due to the stupidly strict requirements. Had to seed for months, upload new content, etc. to push up your ratio (and hopefully get something before the bots snagged it). All of it had to be done to perfection. No transcodes, perfect rips, logs of everything. But yes, as I said, it's shut down now. No idea where the new site is. But it certainly wasn't the only one.

Of course YouTube will convert the analogue VHS tapes into a digital format, for the purpose of its patrons (web browsers)...Just because they give the option to "shrink" down the video resolution doesnt imply that a hoax has been perpetrated...You say YouTube does not use "pure tones", because of the compression that exists within the transcoding, what does a pure tone mean to you?..

Youtube doesn't do shit with VHS tapes lmao. Not sure why you keep believing that. Youtube only deals with digital files. Right, lossy compression doesn't mean that the video is a hoax. What makes it a hoax is that you're pretending lossy audio is a pure tone. Do you... even understand the words I'm writing? Feels like people can't read sometimes. A pure tone is ask described. A particular soundwave with a particular frequency. 432hz, for example. Youtube does a lossy compression on the audio, meaning that it's not necessarily 432hz. Which debunks the claim.

Are you are suggesting that somehow an audio signal (frequency) has been compromised by compression?...Every DVD has been through compression as i mentioned earlier, but when a DVD is being played, softwear allows the compression to be expanded, into a quality listening situation for everybody...

You're thinking of lossless compression. Which is rarely done except by archivists or people hardcore about quality (for example, the What.CD community). Since to the basic layperson, lossy vs lossless sound/look identical. They're just technically different. Transcodes from lossy formats are a bad thing because over time they lose quality and get distorted. A good example with this is of jpg images. I'm sure you're familiar with the "grainy" appearance that can often get very bad if it's constantly recompressed/resaved/reuploaded.

The "sharpness" we hear in a DVD is because of certain harmonics that have suppressed within the digital recordings....In analogue music, that "sharpness" is not as noticeable, because most of the original harmonics are still within the analogue recordings...Pure HI-FI enthusiasts will still use high quality vinyl recordings, with amps that contain valves, or "tubes" as they are commonly called now....Analogue "in this context means", all available audio frequency harmonics....Digital means, suppressed audio frequency harmonics...however the original sound frequencies of what ever they were, are still retained without any deviation...

Vinyl today is a modern day scam. Analogue works great and retains 100% accuracy if you record using an analogue method and never transcode to digital. However, modern day vinyls are transcoded to digital, and then transcoded analogue formats which degrade over time. If the song has touched electronics, it's just better to get a lossy digital file as close to the source as possible.

As for DVD movies... usually what's done is an incredibly lossy compression to shrink it down to be able to fit on a DVD. This is still very high quality, but naturally would lack pure tones. Not a huge deal because to the layperson it sounds and looks fine. However, the original high quality versions are still stored/saved by the company that made the film. Ideally for later releases with less compression.

Ultimately, the issue comes from the fact that they tried to play a pure tone over youtube. Since the claim is that the pure tone is what generated the effect. Very easy to see why it's fake. Regardless, I recreated the experiment using ideal conditions and still got nothing. AKA a confirmed hoax. Not sure why you're still trying to defend an obvious fake?

Mayhem

Zenith
You didnt re create anything April just a couple a tones.

NO ideal condition sat your arse in front of your laptop, didnt even know what to use.

Regardless, I recreated the experiment using ideal conditions and still got nothing.

So where's your heated crystal btw?

Funky fathead has been debunked much earlier than this, though opening a portal is serious stuff.

Not for the faint hearted.

Apri1

You didnt re create anything April just a couple a tones.

NO ideal condition sat your arse in front of your laptop, didnt even know what to use.

Regardless, I recreated the experiment using ideal conditions and still got nothing.

So where's your heated crystal btw?

Funky fathead has been debunked much earlier than this, though opening a portal is serious stuff.

Not for the faint hearted.

I followed the instructions to the video. Same tone generator site. Used a plain speaker. If you believe this can be done, feel free to provide step by step instructions on how to recreate it.

Apri1

Why would i give out sensitive information like that.

For abuse by those that have no idea what they are encountering.

NO.

Typical hoax. Refuses to share information. Just a blind claim and a "believe me guyz! It's totally real!"