Debunking Ouija Boards.

label

That is quite the ironic argument. I, myself, do not believe in completely dismissing things either, as there are many possibilities for every unexplained circumstances.

Here, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that people are denied the credibility of having skepticism toward Ouija boards unless they have experienced the unusual circumstances themselves. So basically, experience = credibility. The reason why this argument hurts itself is because one who experiences the unusual circumstance does not know what the cause of the situation itself. Therefore, have you truly "experienced" it?

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that anyone who posts in this topic will be able to provide evidence that unusual Ouija board activities aren't caused by supernatural phenomenon. I'm also moderately sure that it is impossible to prove that something doesn't exist, because the lack of evidence in favor of the supernatural never rules it out completely. The only evidence that we may ever have is the personal experiences of Ouija board users, but this still leaves out the cause of movement and it makes a big assumption that nobody else that you were using it with was trying to trick you.

In conclusion, people are have every right to express doubt without first-hand experience with a Ouija board, even if it doesn't provide for a productive argument.

the reality is this, if a calibrated device pick up a consistent anomaly close to or while these boards are used when other interference like electricity is not present then that anomaly becomes a factual data collection point. "in most experiments they started with an anomaly then perfected the data recording devices to study such an anomaly"

To date companies are investing million to find something that may or may not exist. Dark mater being one such an example. "basically they are saying look it must exist go find it and figure out how to use it here is some cash but we own the intellectual property" in short it is a gamble.

What I am saying is clearly spiritual energy is a real thing and same goes for demonic energies. There have been reports eye witness accounts and people moving away from their properties to say yes this is real enough to devaluate a house. Now people want to say "look I think this is not true and I am right everyone else is wrong" with no science, no study and dismissing all other recordings and so on outright.

Reality is if people do invest real money get real scientific programs started develop real technology they will find something because clearly something is there.

Rosco..Jones

Ouija board story. In 1963 Jane Roberts, author of the Seth books, decided to write a book on "How to Develop Your ESP Power". She and her husband Robert started out with trying the Ouija board to see what happened. There approach was using the scientific method of asking specific questions which would provide answers that could be verified. Initially a personality came through that was supposed to have lived fairly local to them. Names, dates and other info were recorded. When they did some research on this everything checked out and they decided to do some follow up sessions.

Now a different personality started coming through, calling himself Seth. Seth explained himself as an energy personality essence no longer focused in the physical. In a short time Jane started becoming aware of what was to be spelled out on the board before it was. Eventually she was able to dispense with the board and speak for Seth as her husband took notes. Since then Seth has dictated several books on the nature of the psyche and reality in general. These included concepts such as simultaneous time, multidimensional reality, the nature of reincarnation, how beliefs influence the reality we experience and much more. Note: Although these concepts are starting to be accepted more today, in the 1960s they were way under the radar.

Seth explains himself as an oversoul who has lived many lives in physical reality, but is now in a non-physically focused reality. Jane herself being one of the lives he has lived. His explanation of the Ouija board as a tool was it is used as a means to focus our attention and allow impulses from non-physical reality to be experienced. What a person's experiences may be depend a lot upon their preconceived expectations and beliefs. If you believe in demons or evil spirits, there is a chance you will have results that reinforce these beliefs. These are creations of your own beliefs and not some external malevolent entity that is out to get you. If you know that the Ouija board is all hogwash, you will get results to prove that too. As with any tool, the results you get with it depend upon the beliefs and skills of the operator.

Final comment on "scientific" proof would be that science's tools are designed to analyze various properties of physical reality. The rules for non-physical reality are different and physical traces may not be detected. For instance, I do not know of any equipment that is able to detect and measure emotions, even though emotions are real and we all experience them. You can never find the right answers until you learn to ask the right questions. Right now science pretty much ignores the relationship between the physical and non-physical aspects of reality.
No questions = No answers

Sanyam Deshi

You have not added anything to your side of the argument.
the reality is this, if a calibrated device pick up a consistent anomaly close to or while these boards are used when other interference like electricity is not present then that anomaly becomes a factual data collection point. "in most experiments they started with an anomaly then perfected the data recording devices to study such an anomaly"
As I said before. Yes, this scenario would provide factual data that there is consistency to this anomaly, but the cause of such events is still no more clear than before. Demons? Spirits? Increased brainwaves sent from an thrilled trickster? Some invisible cotton candy monster? It's already one thing is to make the assumption that something truly supernatural is occurring, but making assumptions on the supernatural cause is a ridiculously larger assumption.

Reality is if people do invest real money get real scientific programs started develop real technology they will find something because clearly something is there.
Yeah, definitely. :rolleyes: I do believe in some sort of spiritual energy, but I think that it is the sort of thing that transcends human science and physics and can't be detected by technology.

What I am saying is clearly spiritual energy is a real thing and same goes for demonic energies.
Clearly! :rolleyes:

To date companies are investing million to find something that may or may not exist. Dark mater being one such an example.
I look forward to seeing their results. Dark matter and demons are not very comparable though.

Now people want to say "look I think this is not true and I am right everyone else is wrong" with no science, no study and dismissing all other recordings and so on outright.
My strongest argument against you is created by you. I have never once stated anything along the lines of "Ouija boards are definitely fake" or "Nobody has ever experienced anything supernatural with an Ouija board." The funny part is that you are doing the exact opposite. You are essentially saying "I am right and everyone else is wrong". It's at the other end of the spectrum, though. You aren't dismissing all recordings. You are believing every one of them! You are saying that you are 100% correct, undoubtedly so.

Hear me out. I am a religious person. I do, indeed, believe in the existence of supernatural entities beyond the capability of being discovered by science. I acknowledge that this is a belief. I don't go around telling people that my beliefs are fact. Heck, most of the people who share their beliefs without stating that they are factual get shunned by many Internet users. Here, you have taken an extreme and told me that you are right, and there is no exception. This is pretty much representative of you sticking your fingers in your ears, especially due to the fact that your latest argument seems to be a reworded post emphasizing the same repetitive ideas you have been making in every other post in this topic.

My reasons for skepticism toward Ouija boards are as follows:
-Why must demons and spirits control Ouija boards and not throw around pens or something? Is there really something special about some mass-manufactured piece of plastic? Is it one of the symbols on it that makes it suddenly "work" for spirits? How did a human manage to discover such a symbol? How did he convince production companies to include it on their device?
-There is also the variable of tricksters, as I mentioned earlier, but never elaborated on. I was at some Halloween party and participated in a game with one of these devices. There were probably about 10 of us all at once with our hand on the pointer. Of course, movement of the pointer begins to happen. A friend tells me later that he was the one moving it. Meanwhile, the rest of the group was completely buying it, and some still talk about it years later, still believing as much as before. That's the problem: people are gullible and sometimes have too much trust at the wrong times (I have nothing against trust in itself). It could be a friend, even a best friend, a parent, or a sibling that feels like pulling some sort of practical joke... but "they totally would never try to trick me and if they did, they would've told me later about it". Not necessarily. In my real life experience, this was the case, and everyone went on to believe. For all I know, one of them could be you! :eek:

Ayasano

...when other interference like electricity is not present...

I'd just like to point out that short of going out into the middle of the ocean, the area you're in is always going to be saturated by electromagnetic waves, with radio being the most common. Even in the middle of the ocean it's stil possible to get reception in one form or another, eg. satellites.

About the only place free of man-made electromagnetic waves is deep space, but then you'd have to contend with natural sources, such as pulsars and quasars. Electricity is, quite literally, everywhere.

DEATH OMEN

Based on past experiences recounted to me by apparently "sane" friends of mine, professional and neighborhood types I have come to know over the years, as well as what now deceased relatives have passed on to me before they went to meet their maker. I simply prefer to leave "it" alone. To some it is a "toy", other can use "science" to explain it away. Were it up to me, I'd simply add a warning notice as is required on any pack of "smokes". Except "smokes" are much more predictable as to how "they" will probably affect the human body. The "board" is not as that easily explained. But since I'm 67, I guess those will question my memory or my logic or concerns. Use "it" if you chose. Good luck and good night.