Our new esteemed Head of Homeland Security

CaryP

Right Pyro, Bernard Kerik withdrew his name for consideration as head of DHS. His undocumented, illegal, domestic servant was his Achilles heal. I also read that his sudden $6 million of wealth came from a well placed trade in Taser Intl., whose stock soared as LE depts. bought the taser gun in big numbers. Of course it was also reported that Kerik did NOT put up any of his own money to cash in on the stock gains. Those neocons sure now how to welcome a guy to the club.

Cary

sosuemetoo

I'm unsure how long The Drudge Report will have this statement on the mainpage, so I'll copy and paste:

Link: http://www.drudgereport.com/

Washington stunned by Friday night release and mystery of Bernard Kerik from consideration of homeland security secretary... The drop-out comes after increased questioning, behind-the-scenes, surrounding Kerik's actions while New York Police Commissioner... Developing...

Sounds like it's much more than the maid or a well placed stock tip.

BTW, how does one make $6million in the stock market without using any of your own money?

One thing that makes me shake in my boots is this little blurb.

Link: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041211/D.../D86TIARG0.html

Among those mentioned as possible candidates before Kerik was chosen were Joe Allbaugh, a former director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency

:ninja:

StarLord

It's always a plus when you are planning a party, to make sure that everybody you invite knows everybody else and the skeletons they keep in their closet.

Keeps things from getting out of hand.

The down side is when all the neighbors that were not invited know about even more skeletons.

sosuemetoo

Okay, there may be other reasons why he stepped down. This one for instances:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...c3.html?sub=new

The Washington Post reports that Kerik's track record on issues of national security is \"spotty.\" Appointed by President Bush to train a new Iraqi police force in 2003, \"Kerik came under criticism for inadequate screening of recruits as U.S. authorities rushed to deploy the force. It has been plagued by desertions and by allegations that insurgents have infiltrated the ranks.\" Worse, Kerik \"quit four months into his six-month tenure in Iraq, telling New York reporters later that he needed a vacation.\"

Now, this next item was known, but I wonder if it came back to bite him:

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...21494711990.htm

Kerik, who was selected to replace Tom Ridge as secretary of the Homeland Security Department on Thursday, had the baby with a woman identified as Sun-ja after arriving in South Korea as a 19-year-old military policeman in December 1974, according to several reports.

The baby, named Lisa, was born in 1975. But Kerik deserted her and her mother when he left the country in February 1976.

Sun-ja, who later married another U.S. soldier, had not allowed him to meet his daughter until seeing him on The Oprah Winfrey Show following his Sept. 11 heroics.

Sun-ja arranged for the two to meet after 26 years of separation and they appeared together at Kerik's retirement dinner as police chief at the New York Sheraton in 2002.

This guy seems to have more skeletons that a mass grave.

CaryP

BTW, how does one make $6million in the stock market without using any of your own money?

Sosue,

I read that Kerik was on the board of Taser and received stock options as part of his compensation. The stock options were issued at very low prices and the stock price has soared since then. He exercised some or most of his options last month and cleaned up. He still has some options that have not been exercised, and is still being paid to be on the board of Taser. If he had been confirmed as DHS Sec., he would have had to resign his board position and either exercise all options or place them in trust. Since that's not going to happen he can stay on board with Taser. Taser was actively pursuing federal contracts with DHS when Kerik was nominated. Yeeha. All the boys and girls in the club, step up to the trough.

Cary

dancho

Hourly Wage of Illegal Nanny/Housekeeper: $5.00

Amount of Taxes Withheld from Housekeeper's paycheck: $0.00

Watching the guy the Saudi's hand-picked to head Homeland Security step down:

PRICELESS

:devil:

sosuemetoo

Well, looks like we have one of the major reasons this man stepped down.

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6697161/site/newsweek/

But there may have been other issues at play. Kerik, who recently made millions in the private sector, once filed for personal bankruptcy as a New York cop. And just five years ago he was in financial trouble over a condominium he owned in New Jersey. More serious trouble than anyone realized: NEWSWEEK has discovered that a New Jersey judge in 1998 had issued an arrest warrant as part of a convoluted series of lawsuits relating to unpaid bills on his condo. The magazine faxed documents, including the arrest warrant, over to the White House around 6:00 p.m. Friday, asking for comment. Neither Kerik nor the White House had any immediate response. At 8:30 p.m., Kerik had submitted his letter to the president.

Head of Homeland Security with a past arrest warrant. Yes, that is priceless.

Judge Bean

The given reasons are all baloney. They wouldn't let a nanny stand in the way of "freedom on the march." I wonder what the real juicy stuff is that they don't want to expose?

CaryP

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Dec 13 2004, 01:49 PM
The given reasons are all baloney. They wouldn't let a nanny stand in the way of \"freedom on the march.\" I wonder what the real juicy stuff is that they don't want to expose?

Maybe old Bernie didn't like the pay scale in the govt. position. Maybe he likes the millions he's making in the private sector. Maybe the juicy stuff is just unbelievable to the point that it'd blow the cover off of some real juicy stuff that Bush doesn't want disturbed.

Cary

PyRo99

Originally posted by CaryP+Dec 13 2004, 04:25 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Paul J. Lyon@Dec 13 2004, 01:49 PM
The given reasons are all baloney.? They wouldn't let a nanny stand in the way of "freedom on the march."? I wonder what the real juicy stuff is that they don't want to expose?

Maybe old Bernie didn't like the pay scale in the govt. position. Maybe he likes the millions he's making in the private sector. Maybe the juicy stuff is just unbelievable to the point that it'd blow the cover off of some real juicy stuff that Bush doesn't want disturbed.

Cary
[snapback]17874[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

You're telling me that Bush isn't covering the juicy stuff up? ;)