Out of place artifacts

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Out of place artifacts

I've always been fascinated by these artifacts; especially ones that predate humanity or are of unknown origin.

I think some of these could be indications that we've been visited by extraterrestrials in the distant past; the Baigong Pipes being a good example of such.

Another interesting one is the stone spheres of Costa Rica. Has anyone ever done any research into these kinds of things?

Here's Wikipedia's list of out of place artifacts:
Out-of-place artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Out of Place Artifacts

Great topic Webnower :)

I've read a few times about those rock spheres, same thing for some of the artifacts in the list from the wiki link.
I never get enough of this stuff !

I particularily like this one: Antikythera mechanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's pretty amazing, it's a little computer from 2000 years ago.

Num7

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
Great topic Webnower :)

I've read a few times about those rock spheres, same thing for some of the artifacts in the list from the wiki link.
I never get enough of this stuff !

I particularily like this one: Antikythera mechanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's pretty amazing, it's a little computer from 200 years ago.

Num7

Num,

Your zero fell off.

Webnower,

You know I've done this research. Are you hinting?

Harte

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I have always been stumped by the sparkplug they found in a rock:confused:
shows up at the top of the list on google search for
sparkplug in a rock
should find it, did for me. now just how did they do that huh?????:eek:
PS
had to go find it again
got it, this is one of the sparkplugs imbedded in a rock
www.s8int.com
hope that one works
well when I do a google ot goes to that site but can't seem to make a link for the rite page but theres a lot of this type stuff there for the inquireing minds

Harte

kc wildman said:
I have always been stumped by the sparkplug they found in a rock:confused:
shows up at the top of the list on google search for
sparkplug in a rock
should find it, did for me. now just how did they do that huh?????:eek:

Easy - it wasn't a rock, it was a concretion, though the pseudoscientists have gone as far as to state it was a geode, for God's sake (literally), which was, of course, a lie.

The sparkplug was a Champion brand sparkplug from a tractor built in the 1920s.

This OOPART is known as the Coso Artifact and you can find out about it and other such clap trap HERE.

Specifically, in THIS article from the above-linked website (Doug's Archaeology Site.)

Put Doug's site in your bookmarks. It helps!

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Out of place artifacts

I guess this one fits pretty well in that topic:

Mystery as century-old Swiss watch discovered in ancient tomb sealed for 400 years
18th December 2008
Archaeologists are stumped after finding a 100-year-old Swiss watch in an ancient tomb that was sealed more than 400 years ago.

They believed they were the first to visit the Ming dynasty grave in Shangsi, southern China, since its occupant's funeral.

But inside they uncovered a miniature watch in the shape of a ring marked 'Swiss' that is thought to be just a century old.

The mysterious timepiece was encrusted in mud and rock and had stopped at 10:06 am.

Watches were not around at the time of the Ming Dynasty and Switzerland did not even exist as a country, an expert pointed out.

The archaeologists were filming a documentary with two journalists when they made the puzzling discovery.

'When we tried to remove the soil wrapped around the coffin, suddenly a piece of rock dropped off and hit the ground with metallic sound,' said Jiang Yanyu, former curator of the Guangxi Museum.

'We picked up the object, and found it was a ring.

'After removing the covering soil and examining it further, we were shocked to see it was a watch,' he added.

The Ming Dynasty - or the Empire of the Great Ming - was the was ruling dynasty in China from 1368 to 1644.
article-1096959-02D4C469000005DC-328_468x299.jpg

Perhaps the tomb was actually disturbed more recently than they thought.

Num7

GeishaTime

Re: Out of place artifacts

There is this one article in the book that I have read in Forbidden History, which is one of the books in the series about the wheel in Peru. Like how would the wheel get here? Is there a sumerian who gave it to the Incas who in 1500's don't understand how to use the wheel? Really, like the swiss watch in Ming Dynasy, this one can leave people baffled at times.