Out of place object

HDRKID

Last edited:

Ayasano

This is one of the most interesting ways to look for evidence of time travellers, although sadly we've yet to find one that can't be adequately explained without time travel. Anyone remember that photo of the bridge opening with the weirdly dressed guy? Or the old lady talking on a phone in one of Charlie Chaplin's films that turned out to be a hearing aid?

I would love to see one that really couldn't be explained.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The photo of the guy at the bridge opening ended up being nothing much. All of his clothing was appropriate for his time period.
But, I understand your point. Have yet to see an unexplained photo of a supposed time traveler.

Ayasano

The photo of the guy at the bridge opening ended up being nothing much. All of his clothing was appropriate for his time period.
But, I understand your point. Have yet to see an unexplained photo of a supposed time traveler.

I think part of the problem lies in the fact that just because a photo can have a non-time-traveler-related explanation, doesn't necessarily mean it's not a time traveller. However, with no way to independently verify the event, you have to assume the non-time-traveler explanation is the correct one until you find evidence indicating otherwise, otherwise you end up basing your worldview on potentially incorrect ideas. Which, granted, doesn't mean a lot for most of us, but for someone actually doing experimental or even theoretical science, building on such unstable ground can cause a lot of problems down the line.

That being said, I think the law of large numbers will eventually come into play. As more photos and such show up, at least one will have no other rational explanation. (Assuming of course that time travel or any other phenomena is actually possible in the first place)

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Question: Why was the woman TALKING INTO a hearing aid? Or was it more like a walkie-talkie?

And I thought that guy stood out like a sore thumb in that photo from the 40's, but why would a time traveler visit the reopening of a bridge?

"Even a broken clock is right at least once or twice a day..."

Ayasano

Question: Why was the woman TALKING INTO a hearing aid? Or was it more like a walkie-talkie?

And I thought that guy stood out like a sore thumb in that photo from the 40's, but why would a time traveler visit the reopening of a bridge?

"Even a broken clock is right at least once or twice a day..."

She wasn't necessarily talking into it, she would have had to hold the device to her ear to hear anything out of it. (No ear pieces back then)

As for the guy on the bridge, he was certainly conspicuous, but everything he was wearing was available at that time. He was just an unusual guy, I suppose.