Paranormalis Updated to Xenforo 2.1

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hi guys,

I just installed a major forum software update, here's the list of all improvements and new features:
  • Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Tables
  • Reactions
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Approval queue improvements
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • A fully featured REST API
  • One click XenForo upgrades and easier add-on installation
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments
I want to bring your attention on the first item in the list: Push notifications. It's a pretty neat addition that I've been thinking about for quite a while. It's pretty much the only thing the forum was missing on mobile and now we have it. Sweet!

Oh and you can also react to a post now. Just move your mouse cursor over the Like button and you'll see this:

Hope you like it! :)

--Num7

Harte

Why does it say "APEX" at the top of the forum?

Harte

titorite

Like is a strong word... more like I accept it. I understand its the digital age and everything is always being improved upon...oh well , ill get used to the new format soon enough i suppose.

The_Observer

Like is a strong word... more like I accept it. I understand its the digital age and everything is always being improved upon...oh well , ill get used to the new format soon enough i suppose.
Software should be treated like a physical object rather than a fluid one, because they are continuously releasing broken and barely tested software updates and improvements that break how things should work. There are even times they "completely rewrite" the software and omit a lot of past features that we love. Skype just removed multi-window support and FORCED an update from classical Skype so it's gone forever now. That sort of stuff really bothers me and seems counter productive and not an improvement. Just like how Apple removed the headphone jack when Bluetooth is not superior to auxiliary input. Function should always be coveted.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Software should be treated like a physical object rather than a fluid one, because they are continuously releasing broken and barely tested software updates and improvements that break how things should work. There are even times they "completely rewrite" the software and omit a lot of past features that we love. Skype just removed multi-window support and FORCED an update from classical Skype so it's gone forever now. That sort of stuff really bothers me and seems counter productive and not an improvement. Just like how Apple removed the headphone jack when Bluetooth is not superior to auxiliary input. Function should always be coveted.
That approach will hurt any forum owner in the long run.

The_Observer

That approach will hurt any forum owner in the long run.
I wasn't referring to the forum update, just software updates in general and how they've evolved over the past few decades.