PaulaCare aka Medicare Part P

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I have come up with a health plan that I feel will help the American health care system. I call it Medicare Part P, which stands for "Primary" Only.

Synopsis:

Insurance is risk management. Premiums are high because I do not believe that preventative and basic care (sinus infections, etc) are really risks that need to be managed in this manner. I proposed to Congress that the government pays for ALL Primary Care (for legal residents and citizens who are under 65 and do not qualify for Medicaid) and we then buy insurance for surgery/emergency over state lines. We can purchase riders, IF WE CHOOSE, for drugs, pregnancy, psychiatric, cancer, etc.
Premiums will be lower because a) Insurance companies no longer have the burden of paying for basic care and b) Purchasing insurance over state lines increases competition and thus increases quality while lowering costs. So, people will be happy. Insurance companies will be happy... but.... this may make doctors mad because the government will have to decide how much they want to pay for primary services. Let's face it, though. A standard price should be in place!

I sent my idea to various state reps and Congress. Vern Buchanan of FL's office said they are sending my proposal to DC. Florida Speaker Corcoran said he is going to bring up my ideas to his committee.

I don't know if anything will really happen, but I'm hoping someone at least studies my idea of PaulaCare - Medicare Part P - Primary care for all!!!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
You guys! Speaker Corcoran wrote to me AGAIN to tell me that he sent my health plan to the House Health Services Comittee and that they WILL be taken into consideration. He also gave me another name to send it to!!!!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If they invite me to speak, I will consider a political career. I'm an introvert, but it's all about faking it. I already have my lady power suit ready. Politics is all about who you know, and I'm being sort of lead down this path for some reason! I would have never have guessed this!