Potential Sighting

What do you think?

• Time Traveller

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Excenturic Man

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Crazzimal

Early today, (April 20. 2019), I'm fairly certain I saw and spoke to a time traveller...

Me and my father were out for a walk, and we live in England so the 25 degree weather we were having was abnormal for the country this time of year. Lots of people were out in town because of the nice weather. Me and my dad had finished our walk and started heading home through our town's highstreet, heading to the shops on our way there to pick up some milk. About half way down the street, there is a clothes shop that sells old fashioned clothes and men's suits. As we were about to walk past the shop, a man aged roughly 60-ish staggered out the shop wearing an all black suit with white stripes accompanied by a black trilby hat. Now, because of the abnormally hot weather, this looked unusual as everyone was in shorts and t-shirts and summer dresses. The man had a very thin moustache and old fashioned glasses on. Basically he stuck out like a sore thumb. He staggered out the shop squinting and he looked very confused, looking all over in a panicked way. He started walking towards me and my father, and I even said to my dad,
"Imagine how hot he is in this weather"
As he approached us, he lifted his finger and started speaking to us. I didn't catch what he said at first but I think it was along the lines of,
"Excuse me gentlemen!"
He spoke through his nose quite quickly, which isn't abnormal in and of itself however he was speaking Queen's English, which is odd nowadays... Not to sound corny, but he had a very peculiar smell about him, a sort of sickly sweet Smokey smell... He asked me and my dad where the train station was (the train station where we live used to be where soldiers from WW1 and WW2 came back, however the train line has been closed down for some time like 50 years now). We asked him if he knew whether or not it was closed, to which he replied,
"What do you mean closed? I just caught it earlier!"
This made my dad chuckle and we looked at eachother smirking. I think we both thought he was some old nutter so my dad said,
"It's been closed ages mate, 50-summin years now"
The guy looked around and said,
"Oh, alright. I must have the wrong place... Thanks anyway lads."
He walked inbetween us and walked away. After me and my dad started walking away we realised he may have been talking about the newer station that opened a couple years ago, so we turned around and the bloke was gone. We couldn't see him at all and there was no alleyways to go down. We just moved on and go home, which is when I thought the whole situation was strange.

It might be nothing but I thought I'd share my story anyway.

I've attached some images of where the events happened. Thanks for reading.

Jikan Yugami

I'm not too sure about this, I assume you mean 25 degrees Celsius considering you are from England. for me, in America that is 77 degrees Fahrenheit, that is not really that hot and I would also be wearing pretty long clothing in that weather. It is possible he is from a fairly hot area and is comfortable in that temperature. I doubt he could be a time traveler as you have said that he could have meant the train station that opened up a couple years ago, and on the subject of his vanishing could he have perhaps turned into a store to ask an employee for directions since you two were unable to help him? This is my two cents and I just think he could be an eccentric old man who fancies older styles.

Crazzimal

Whilst this very well might be the case:

25 Degrees Celsius is pretty hot in the UK, as in regular temp. is around 15 - 18 degrees C on a nice day.

I just feel the way he acted and spoke seemed very strange and odd. It very well could just be a case of an old-fashioned man as there are quite a few of them around.

To me his body language looked very erratic and scared / nervous. His voice sounded too outdated for where we live, no matter how eccentric. It's very possible that he came from elsewhere however it's always good to share stories just in case!

Jikan Yugami

Whilst this very well might be the case:

25 Degrees Celsius is pretty hot in the UK, as in regular temp. is around 15 - 18 degrees C on a nice day.

I just feel the way he acted and spoke seemed very strange and odd. It very well could just be a case of an old-fashioned man as there are quite a few of them around.

To me his body language looked very erratic and scared / nervous. His voice sounded too outdated for where we live, no matter how eccentric. It's very possible that he came from elsewhere however it's always good to share stories just in case!
Yes, I agree. I did enjoy the story regardless of the possibilities. I also enjoy pondering on subjects of things that may or may not be true. debunking or proving something is what I love to do, I consider myself an eccentric person myself, but in a different manner.
On the Subject of his erratic body language, could he possibly be suffering from heat related disorientation? It might explain why he got lost.

Crazzimal

It might have been heat related, however he didn't look like someone who was disoriented.

He had the sort of vibe that he was on the run from something, you know, fast paced walking, heavy breathing, fast and stumbling speech.

It might also be important to mention that he had a sort of scarred eye, with a large red line going from his iris to his tearduct.

Recalling the events now, I remember he had a ring on his left index finger. The ring was wooden, with a thin strip of gold and then a Gray sort of graphite texture with silver geometric patterns across it...

The smell he gave off, remembering it now, if I had to draw a resemblance to it I would say it smelled o cigarette smoke mixed with birthday cake. An odd combo for a Sunday evening...

steven chiverton

very interesting ive read about a few stories of people in england suddenly finding themselves in another time erea as if they walked through a time doorway into another time . go back to that shop or store you saw him walk out of and arsk the owners about this strange gentleman looking like he was out of his time they may help shed some more light on this

Jikan Yugami

It might have been heat related, however he didn't look like someone who was disoriented.

He had the sort of vibe that he was on the run from something, you know, fast paced walking, heavy breathing, fast and stumbling speech.

It might also be important to mention that he had a sort of scarred eye, with a large red line going from his iris to his tearduct.

Recalling the events now, I remember he had a ring on his left index finger. The ring was wooden, with a thin strip of gold and then a Gray sort of graphite texture with silver geometric patterns across it...

The smell he gave off, remembering it now, if I had to draw a resemblance to it I would say it smelled o cigarette smoke mixed with birthday cake. An odd combo for a Sunday evening...
Hmmmm, this seems to shift into something weirder and weirder each time you add more detail, heat could be the cause of his getting lost, but now it seems that him being scared could be organized crime related. Did his fear seem like that of someone trying to escape someone else? Are there any possible well known crime organizations in England? Did the scar look fresh or old? I need more details to formulate a possible story.

Crazzimal

Maybe, his fear seemed that of fleeing or in a rush to get somewhere as if the world would end if he didn't get there.

As for crime, Its possible, however there isn't really any crime groups around here and I'd say that he was too old for organised crime...

The scar, it looked old. The sort of pinkish red that scars on the eyeball go is what it looked like, So I doubt he got it from having a scuffle with someone fresh.

The whole situation was strange, which is why I though I'd share. Hope this helps!

Jikan Yugami

Maybe, his fear seemed that of fleeing or in a rush to get somewhere as if the world would end if he didn't get there.

As for crime, Its possible, however there isn't really any crime groups around here and I'd say that he was too old for organised crime...

The scar, it looked old. The sort of pinkish red that scars on the eyeball go is what it looked like, So I doubt he got it from having a scuffle with someone fresh.

The whole situation was strange, which is why I though I'd share. Hope this helps!
Even with all this information, the only likely thing that comes to mind on what could have happened was, perhaps he owed money to a shady loan shark, and he felt his life was threatened. I recommend keeping an eye on the news for a while in case he pops up injured or dead.

Lilliemae

I also live in the UK, today was very hot, (well for the UK anyway), perhaps the heat, maybe dehydration could of caused confusion, however they style of dress and use of the queen's English seems harder to explain?