present time

CaryP

present time

Originally posted by Grayson@Sep 17 2004, 04:10 AM
If you live in the moment, does it matter?

Thank you wise one. My point exactly. Why get wrapped in a "is it live or is it Memorex" type of mental diatribe? We got what we got. Get used to it, whether it's actual "real time" or a fraction of a second delay. You can't tell the difference anyway, but you can waste a lot of mental energy "thinking" about it.

Cary

lastdyingtree

present time

Originally posted by Grayson@Sep 17 2004, 04:10 AM
If you live in the moment, does it matter?
A sound point. But since I don't often live in the moment, I sure don't want this moment to be my last. I'm just sitting my boxers talking on a forum. That certainly wouldn't be the way I would want to leave should the infinite clock of time be forever malfunctioned and damaged by one simple tear in intergalactic tissue.
err..
or something.
Chris

Phoenix

present time

I had a playful theory when I was younger that I found amusing. All of our life occurs in a flash of a pan instant and what we are experiencing right now is our mind trying to more slowly go over it trying to figure out what just happened.

StarLord

present time

if your living in the now, you are already living in eternity. What matter if this physical universe dissolves and you suddenly realize that you have been sleeping on some higher plane and dreaming "here"?

CaryP

present time

Hey, StarLord, your post was made at 11:11 my time. That's some "cool" thing with the TT buffs. You too cool, bud.

Cary

StarLord

present time

You too cool too Brotha, Mine showed 4:11 as when I posted. It's all the same now no matter when.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
present time

Originally posted by Phoenix@Sep 17 2004, 02:07 PM
I had a playful theory when I was younger that I found amusing. All of our life occurs in a flash of a pan instant and what we are experiencing right now is our mind trying to more slowly go over it trying to figure out what just happened.

It may well be the case Phoenix. So our brains are now distiling all that was, I like it. The only down side it that it suggests a certain inevitability to it all.

ALL: As cognative beings we are always seeking answers to the big questions, it is our nature. That should never detract from our satisfaction at being alive and sometimes ignorant of our lack of understanding however.

If we knew it all, what would God do? But, I had already said that, before I was aware of it, hadn't I. :huh:

StarLord

present time

All of it has been written, we are starting on the path NOW, and we have arrived home NOW, it's almost as if only a second passed from one aspect. When we return there, ALL that Soul is and had previously experienced is returned unto us.

No sense in "taking a test" if you have the answers written on your sleeve, cause you wont remember a damn thing months later, however if you studied and read all that stuff, your remember it all because you experienced it.

So carrying the answers consciously prevents us from going through the tests because we know which way to dodge.

MutableTimeLine

Re: present time

We are most familiar with three-dimensional time because we conduct our affairs by it. We are aware of the Now, the Future and the Past. Present time reality, as a continuous Now, constantly disengages from the present, and becomes the past as it moves into the future, and assumes a new position for us, in the present. This is three dimensional time. Notice that it only goes in the direction of the future, but is always the Now.

In three-dimensional time, we have no means of reclaiming the past, and we don?t ever actually experience the future. Time for us, is always the Present, in forward motion!

JRSpencer

Re: present time

Very nice. Very nice. Whenever present time is brought up and it concerns temporal displacement I always consider the observer. A machine could be gone in the relative present reality for just two minutes, though the traveler has spent hours, days or weeks in another time. I've always been awestruck by that.