Proof it's the End of the World

Harte

Re: Proof it's the End of the World

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"CaryP\")</div>
This will be more than the word limitation. Seems Webb was the fourth Bush biographer who committed \"suicide\" and the odds of that happening are 1 in 10 quadrillion.

4 Bush Biographers--All Suicided

Is this a great country or what?

Cary[/b]

we can
extrapolate a conservative estimate of 17 male suicides per 100,000 people, or 0.017%...

...For example, if any of the biographers were female, the odds would be even greater.

Here we have a good example of the misuse of statistics to try to infer something that the statistics do not say.

Where is the information about suicides among authors? How about among authors of non-fiction?

Why do we have nothing here about the lives, mindsets and possible previous suicide attempts of these four men?

The last statement is based on the fact that suicide among women is slightly more rare than among men. The inclusion of this last statement in this argument upon which it has absolutely no bearing betrays the biased attitude of the individual that copiled this so-called "statistical" analysis. The bias inherent here which is borne out by the last statement is more than enough to invalidate the author's findings.

When you post mathematical analyses, I'm sorry, I have to respond. That is not to say that I don't believe that Bush had these men killed. Only that the quote you posted has no statistical significance, for the above reasons.

Harte

StarLord

I wouldn't give a plug nickle for any kind of statistics produced by the Govt. It seems that 'selfserving' is par for course most times imho.

Kreeper

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Ghandi

"Do yourself a favor, take a kid fishing." -Frank White "The Southern Sportsman"

At times it seems to me that the end of the world will happen because so many of us dwell on it and end up with a down spirit. Take a look at the brighter side once in a while. :)