Psychicism that you dismissed

cyclespiral

This one is for the people on these forums who think that human judgement can't be used.

Once I was alone in a park. Everything felt creepy. I left. I found out the next day that ten minutes after I left someone had jumped the fence, broken into buildings and stolen stuff. Was I psychic? No. More likely that the burglar was waiting and I noticed on some level their movements, rustling grass etc.

Contrary to what a lot of reductionist materialists posit, people like myself do NOT believe that every experience is occult or psychic. A high bar of evidence/dismissing alternatives has to be reached.

Mayhem

Zenith
Thats a fair call, hard to really interpret as it happened as a feeling for another person. My question that i guess you might have to surmise if you had of stayed would you have been in danger or some interaction with the person take place?

cyclespiral

Here's another example. My dad is the most careful driver in the world. He drives a manual car. He learnt on one. He's never had an accident.

One time I was a passenger in his car. Suddenly a car with a trailer pulls out and just misses T-boning us. This was well before air bags existed; we would have been knocked over the side of a mountain. Probably killed. At least in hospital.

"Someone must have been watching over us" he said "I somehow missed my last gearstick change. Had I done it normally we would both be dead. I have never missed a gear stick change before. That saved us."

I am very reluctant to call that psychic, a miracle or anything else. But what a whopping coincidence to save us - to miss the gear switch THEN! There is a theory in psychology that people who do an activity for a long time get a form of subconscious connection to subtle physical cues. Firefighters get the ability to know when a back draft will happen. Maybe, just maybe, there was something subtle that the other car did like a sound of spinning wheels if it aquaplaned. I just do not know.

Mayhem

Zenith
In my own life i can only explain such on a few occasions once a driver hit reverse instead of the accelerator if he had of hit id probably not be typing now, at the same time a slight movement may have changed the course, wonder if it was a second sense or pure luck.

TimeFlipper

I recall a weird experience in the early 1970s when i was working as a driver for a paint company...
I had left Walsall in the UK onto a dual carriage-way which led to the M5 motorway to Bristol, my final destination...It had been snowing and the second lane of the dual carriage way had snow on it...

There was a car driver infront of me in the first lane of the dual cearriage-way doing about 25mph and i overtook him doing about 30mph, as soon as i hit the snow on the second lane of the carriage way i completely lost control of my van...The van did a 90 degree turn and then i suddenly ended up on the dirt covered ground along the side of the dual carriage way..

At no point did i experience any slowing down after i lost control of the van, one moment i was overtaking a car, the next moment i had spun around at 90 degrees and in a split second i ended up safely on the dirt covered ground!!!...None of the paint in my van had spilt of smashed and i should have gone through the vans windscreen or at least smashed against it after decellerating from 30mph to full stop in a split second!! We didnt have safety belts in those days in the UK..

After the sudden stop i did wonder how i could go from 30mph to full stop in a split second without anything happening to me or the paint in the van, i even mentioned it to the guy in Bristol where i delivered the paint to, but i dont think he believed me!!...So what happened to me?, ive been thinking about that for years!!

Did i experience a UFO that could have protected me with its tractor beam, was God making certain i wasnt meant to die at that momemt in time, or did i actually get killed in the van and ended up here in an alternative universe/dimension where changes can be made and have a purpose here? :unsure:..

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I was carrying a huge box one day, for a few hundreds of feet, from my car to a building still under construction. Box was so huge, I'd have a hard time seeing where I was going. There was this huge metal security fence with spikes on top, on my left.

Suddenly, wind started blowing like crazy, so much it knocked the huge fence over. Luckily, the wind also made me (and the huge box) move a few feets to my right. I didn't notice the fence falling until it hit the ground.

The big ass fence hit the ground like a ton of bricks, literally an inch from my legs and foot. The wind basically pushed me outside of the fence's falling range.

A construction worker came to me to open the building door, told me in awe "Holy shit, you must have a guardian angel, man!"

Pretty wild, it felt unreal.

lamdo263

This one is for the people on these forums who think that human judgement can't be used.

Once I was alone in a park. Everything felt creepy. I left. I found out the next day that ten minutes after I left someone had jumped the fence, broken into buildings and stolen stuff. Was I psychic? No. More likely that the burglar was waiting and I noticed on some level their movements, rustling grass etc.

Contrary to what a lot of reductionist materialists posit, people like myself do NOT believe that every experience is occult or psychic. A high bar of evidence/dismissing alternatives has to be reached.
Most people are psychic including some form of tree climbing rodents.