Recent hoaxes

TimeSpiral

@Num7 I solemnly believe that having what amounts to a thumbs down button, would have a corrosive effect and serve no real purpose. Please consult my thread called, "Don't let debunkers rule the roost". For a more balanced view on the subject.

Last edited:

Snow

I love, love, love the idea of a poll at the beginning of any/all threads that allows us to vote thumbs up or thumbs down. Youtube does it, facebook does it. I would prefer it if we had to "own" our opinion, meaning the voting would not be anonymous - but that might not be possible. However, the vote is where it should stop - I don't see anything positive coming out of banning or suspending members who are suspected or proven or voted role players/hoaxers. Shouldn't anyone making an unbelievable or unprovable claim just expect to be met with heavy, but polite, skepticism? Or is hoaxing specifically banned? Wouldn't that take some of the fun out of Time Traveler threads (or end them entirely) since we haven't had a single proven time traveler in the in the history of this forum?

TimeSpiral

I love, love, love the idea of a poll at the beginning of any/all threads that allows us to vote thumbs up or thumbs down. Youtube does it, facebook does it. I would prefer it if we had to "own" our opinion, meaning the voting would not be anonymous - but that might not be possible. However, the vote is where it should stop - I don't see anything positive coming out of banning or suspending members who are suspected or proven or voted role players/hoaxers. Shouldn't anyone making an unbelievable or unprovable claim just expect to be met with heavy, but polite, skepticism? Or is hoaxing specifically banned? Wouldn't that take some of the fun out of Time Traveler threads (or end them entirely) since we haven't had a single proven time traveler in the in the history of this forum?
Friendly criticism and rebuttal are fine. But rascals like @JustMe are indulging in troll like behaviour.

As for not having single proven time traveller on this forum since it's conception is open for debate @Snow.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What we can do, is add a poll to the first post, asking if it's a hoax. I think that would work pretty good. I added one to this discussion so that we can try it out.

In light of the results, an action can be taken accordingly to what we agree to. Label the thread as a hoax, or close it, or potentially kick out the hoaxer if he doesn't give up, etc.

That's a good idea! Let's see what others think.

P.S. Moved this thread to the Feedback section.

Sure, why not. It gives everyone a voice, even those that don't wish to reply with a text opinion.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I just voted to see how it would work and I found I could change my vote. I think that is particularly awesome since opinions do change as a topic develops. Still love it!

Agreed. We do change our minds. I say we go for it. It fits nicely with what is going on in the world -- freedom -- and allowing everyone to decide, not just one person. I love it.