Recipe Swap

StarLord

Recipe Swap

Hey Coolness!!! You're not gonna leave me here like last year???

Yipee Skipee!!!! You are the Best!!!!

Just for that, Mom gets the wallet.

P.S. the root beer popsicles I hid in the back of the IceBox, in the Eggo box are for you and me.

sosuemetoo

Recipe Swap

Originally posted by StarLord@Aug 18 2004, 04:55 PM
Just for that, Mom gets the wallet.

Cool, how much is in the wallet? Enough to pay for new school shoes for my kids ;)

"Mom"

Looking for recipes, quick! Mom has no idea what to cook for dinner tonight!

(Kira, the Cranberry chicken recipe looks fabulous...can't wait to try that soon!)

HackimerRob

Recipe Swap

Alan Sherman is the weird al yankovic of the 60's. Funny thing is I was just listening to him last night, including the song you mention SL, the line is "you remember Leonard Skinner? He got tomaide poisoning last night after dinner."
So the funny thing to a youngun like I is I didn't know what tomaide was when I first heard this song. There's a lot of things in Alan Shermans music like that. I'm much the wiser now.

CaryP

Recipe Swap

Thank God this thing didn't turn into a Starlord and Cary's excellent adventure. I was getting worried no one else wanted to show up.

Cary

StarLord

Recipe Swap

Sosuemeto, you neglected to say what you have to cook with, as in what Items did you have on hand?.

karizma

Recipe Swap

Here is one of our favorite sweet treats:

Gooey Butter Chess Cake

1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow butter cake mix
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
2 large eggs (in addition to above)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350?F.
Combine first 4 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Beat thoroughly. Spread mixture in a well-greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
Beat next 4 ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour over cake batter.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. (Topping will be "gooey".)

**Guaranteed to leave your sweet tooth with a stomach ache!**

Karizma

CaryP

Recipe Swap

Sounds great karizma, but my Betty Crocker feeling has passed. My son would probably appreciate this recipe. Perhaps I'll give it to one of my daughters who dote on him. Thanks.

Cary

Snow

Recipe Swap

Gooey Butter Chess Cake sounds great! Is that supposed to be cheese cake? Just wondering . . .

I need a recipe that uses lots of honey. I was gifted with about half a gallon of honey - fresh, natural and delicious - but I don't know how I will ever go through it all. The guy who gave it to me told me I could freeze it - that is one thing I sure never knew - consider that my tip of the decade.

So - any tried and true honey using recipes out there you guys?

Thanks,

SFW

HackimerRob

Recipe Swap

Well, you COULD put honey in my l'orange recipe, and I'll show you where, but I didn't.
This would work for a nice huge turkey breast roast, perhaps on pork, but was definitely nice for duck and I plan on using it on chicken so: here goes -
Bear with me, I'm not used to writing down what I cooked:

1 12 oz frozen oj concentrate, thawed.
about 4-6 tbsps of soy sauce
1 nice tbsp of powdered ginger, or until you can taste it.
about 3 HUGE tbsps of marmalade.
salt and pepper, and a few pats of butter, melted.
also slices of real orange to put on top of what you're cooking after half way through after you've been basting. then pull them off with your thongs, and baste more. when there's like 15 minutes left, pour whatever you've got left over into the roasting pan with all the juices and use it to make a gravy. if you cain't figure how to make the gravy at this point, you probably shouldn't be roasting something, or ask someone.
:)