Ronald L. Mallet and the first university backed time experiments

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yep. He's a cool dude. I still haven't finished reading his book, which tells the tale of how he became interested in the field and some of his struggles.
I agree, he is an interesting guy. I finished reading his book, Time Traveler, a while ago. Is that the book you are reading?[/QUOTE]

Yes, never finished it... darn ADD... lol I have a ton of books I haven't finished or started.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Yep. He's a cool dude. I still haven't finished reading his book, which tells the tale of how he became interested in the field and some of his struggles.
I agree, he is an interesting guy. I finished reading his book, Time Traveler, a while ago. Is that the book you are reading?

Yes, never finished it... darn ADD... lol I have a ton of books I haven't finished or started.[/QUOTE]
I have a bunch of books at home I haven't finished or started as well! Time Traveler isn't one of them, though.

Chrisvaughan

So Professor Ronald Mallet has for some time been proposing using a circulating laser beam to simulate a godel loop style time travel experiment. There are several exact solution to Einsteins field equations that do not violate relativity or any know law of physics, however the systems have to date have been things the size of star systems and way out of our capabilities to build.

Dr. Mallet has several peer reviewed papers that seem to point to the exciting possibility that we we may very well be on the cusp of real, unclassified, publicly available time travel within the next 100 years.

Thoughts?

I agree, he is an interesting guy. I finished reading his book, Time Traveler, a while ago. Is that the book you are reading?

Never read his book. I came across his papers some time ago on arXiv.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Never read his book. I came across his papers some time ago on arXiv.

It's an autobiography that explains how he became interested and involved in time travel. I won't say any more. Spoilers suck. :)