sears soon gone

HDRKID

Back in 2005 I predicted that many malls would close and stores would be gone. In 2001 Steven Gibbs told me that radio shack would in the future close all their stores and he would have trouble getting parts for the HDR. Well, they have gone from 7,000 stores in 2001 to 70 in 2017 and those near him are zero.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ses-1000-stores-week-these-72-left/102372912/

RadioShack’s liquidation auction is both a sad coda and an odd treasure trove

However, I want to focus on sears. They are doing horrible having lost money six years in a row. The tally is 12 billion now. Hey, a billion here, and a billion there, and soon we are seeing REAL money. It cannot go on. Most people realize that closing stores will not work as rents go up every year. Sales continue to decline as our economic crisis worsens.

Please do not blame amazon. Basically, they sell to a younger group. Customers of sears tend to be older persons. However, they have less money now. Most work fewer hours or had to take pay cuts. For example, I know a mechanic that use to charge $30 per hour back in 2005, and he charges $25 per hour now. He told me that people are taking the bus instead of fixing old cars.

Result is that he does not go to sears as often, and stays home more.

Sears Closing Another 66 Stores; Joe's Crab Shack Files For Bankruptcy | Zero Hedge

Sears-Closing.jpg

Krish

Long ago, I bought home appliances from Montgomery Ward . Then I moved to another location and bought from Sears....They did provide support for service. Then equipment improved and their price went up...so, we went to Lowe's and Home Depot. Then there are a lot of places you can buy products but the society itself changed. A lot of people became under employed...hence everything went down to present situation....

They should have changed the way they do business. But old people can not see the new game plan...hence you get what you are looking for....same for Heath Kit to Radio Shack. Sad state of American Civilization...everything now is from China, Japan and Korea....

Let us see where we are going in the next 8 years...

HDRKID

Hi Krish:

I agree with what you are saying.

Do not expect things to improve. I will tell you the reason.

---

I went to a public school and my sister went to a private school.

Most of the students in private schools are motivated to strive for success.

Perhaps you believe that private schools are just too expensive. My father thought so. He said it was a big waste of money. Funny, both he and my mom went to private schools.

The principal in the public school I went to was a friend of my father.

He hated school and was often on the greens in a nearby golf course. He told me that he made only $140,000 per year. Also, that both the football coach and the basketball coach made more money. He was the third highest paid person.

The principal told my dad it was not fair as they had not won any games that year. They better do something to shape up our team or he would fire their asses. Dad said that it is hard to fire teachers as they have a strong union.

Let us face some facts as this school did NOT prioritize academic excellence.

The principal told me that kids should concentrate on sports and put their book away. Basically, you can get a Ph.D. scientist for pennies overseas. Look at the heads of big companies. They make millions every year. However, most dropped out of college early on.

I asked why we got rid of the microscopes. He said that a student might break one. I asked why they were closing down the lab in our science area. He said that the insurance was too expensive.

He told me that studying hard or going to college, was for nerds and they are ugly creeps. What is important is winning games. Jocks get all the girls and nerds get none.

TnWatchdog

Sears has been out if my area for years. I use to buy Craftsmen tools back in the Bob Villa pitch man days, now I get tools at Home Depot or Lowes...most of my stuff is Dewalt with Hitachi nail guns.
I did notice a Sears Hometown Store that opened in a large development...we will see how long they last.

Krish

Hi Krish:

I agree with what you are saying.

Do not expect things to improve. I will tell you the reason.

---

I went to a public school and my sister went to a private school.

Most of the students in private schools are motivated to strive for success.

Perhaps you believe that private schools are just too expensive. My father thought so. He said it was a big waste of money. Funny, both he and my mom went to private schools.

The principal in the public school I went to was a friend of my father.

He hated school and was often on the greens in a nearby golf course. He told me that he made only $140,000 per year. Also, that both the football coach and the basketball coach made more money. He was the third highest paid person.

The principal told my dad it was not fair as they had not won any games that year. They better do something to shape up our team or he would fire their asses. Dad said that it is hard to fire teachers as they have a strong union.

Let us face some facts as this school did NOT prioritize academic excellence.

The principal told me that kids should concentrate on sports and put their book away. Basically, you can get a Ph.D. scientist for pennies overseas. Look at the heads of big companies. They make millions every year. However, most dropped out of college early on.

I asked why we got rid of the microscopes. He said that a student might break one. I asked why they were closing down the lab in our science area. He said that the insurance was too expensive.

He told me that studying hard or going to college, was for nerds and they are ugly creeps. What is important is winning games. Jocks get all the girls and nerds get none.

Thank you...please read this one...then we can talk....
radio shack, JC penny, or sears

steven chiverton

Back in 2005 I predicted that many malls would close and stores would be gone. In 2001 Steven Gibbs told me that radio shack would in the future close all their stores and he would have trouble getting parts for the HDR. Well, they have gone from 7,000 stores in 2001 to 70 in 2017 and those near him are zero.

RadioShack, closing 1,000 stores, leaves only these 70

RadioShack’s liquidation auction is both a sad coda and an odd treasure trove

However, I want to focus on sears. They are doing horrible having lost money six years in a row. The tally is 12 billion now. Hey, a billion here, and a billion there, and soon we are seeing REAL money. It cannot go on. Most people realize that closing stores will not work as rents go up every year. Sales continue to decline as our economic crisis worsens.

Please do not blame amazon. Basically, they sell to a younger group. Customers of sears tend to be older persons. However, they have less money now. Most work fewer hours or had to take pay cuts. For example, I know a mechanic that use to charge $30 per hour back in 2005, and he charges $25 per hour now. He told me that people are taking the bus instead of fixing old cars.

Result is that he does not go to sears as often, and stays home more.

Sears Closing Another 66 Stores; Joe's Crab Shack Files For Bankruptcy | Zero Hedge

Sears-Closing.jpg
the 50k potentiometers made by the same manufacter used in the hdr units are plenty here in australia so are the capacitors and diodes so gibbs can source his parts online not all is doom and gloom