Administrator
Staff
Re: SETI@Home

It's a good idea to restart your computer after a few months, that's right lol

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Imagine that you restart you CPU, and miss the alien signal!!!

Oh Noes!!!

Keroscene

Just wanted to remind everyone that you too can join the paranormalis team in the search for extraterrestrial life.

Sooooo I still run the seti@home program. Not all the time but when my computer is just sitting idle. I put it on the two other computers in my house. Still haven't found any aliens..... yet.

Last time I posted my score was:

Total credit 2,190
Recent average credit 0.08
SETI@home classic workunits 43
SETI@home classic CPU time 364 hours

Now my score is:

Total credit 38,518
Recent average credit 32.48
SETI@home classic workunits 43
SETI@home classic CPU time 364 hours

It looks like there might be a bug in the cpu time seeing how it's still the same. Recently put a quad core pc together for my better half so that one is a little better than my dual core and can complete projects faster. I have Nvidia 8800 series or higher videocards in all my pc's so they can run CUDA in a seperate process.

Just wanted to remind everyone that you can join the paranormalis team in the search for extraterrestrial life.

Here is the paranormalis team page: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=122814

Here is a link for the boink client in x32 and x64 versions. http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php

*I'm not sure if the x64 client is any better or not, but if you're running a x64 OS it couldn't hurt.

Keroscene

Since nobody posts in this thread I'm going to star posting weekly seti@home stats. Even though I seem to be the only active user, hint hint, maybe by bumping it regularly we'll get more people to participate.

Total team credit 57,659

User Total credit 50,486

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I'll try to install it again on my computer. I'm currently working on a cluster project in my free times.

ZeoEmeraude

I ran SETI@home for like 3 years. I finally decided that i had enough of my PC doing data crunching....lol