So The French

PyRo99

So The French

So the French Govt aren't as scared as we thought, maybe their arrogance is backed by their military, doubt it but hey!

Anyways, they actually shot something down in the Ivory Coast, in response to them killing 8 french people. If that is surprising, then I don't know what is...

The French Govt, bof.

Darkwolf

So The French

The french are great at starting a fight with somone smaller and weaker than they are. Usually though they use the forign leigion who can fight rather than actual french people.

PyRo99

So The French

Nah, the French govt are good at fighting with anyone. They'll bring you down to their level of stupidity, and beat you with their own language. Truly Amusing, and those that have lived there, will claim that they do not hate the United States. Etats-Unis, for those that speak french. Seemingly, they are smart people, just that they have antagonistical ways, and they seem to butt heads with people, with are out of their league.

And, they stick to the UN. Which will give me a lot of hell for saying that, but my cockiness shows through.

Ralan

So The French

Being a human, I find this predudicial attitude towards my fellow humans the French quite offensive. Are you being intentionally racist, are is it the French government you are referring to?

Unintentional

So The French

It is also kind of "funny" that Arafat choose to go to France to be treated. France has been very critized world wide for it's lack of fighting anti-semitism within it's own borders. Maybe Arafat thought he would be amongst his own people there.

Speaking of Arafat, 9 days and no diagnosis? Could it be....AIDS?
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=34717
http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/11/110104arafat.htm
But, with leukemia and other forms of cancer ruled out, the list of possible diseases is narrowing.
A low blood platelet count is a sign of a weakened immune system. In addition to cancer, the low count could be attributed to bleeding ulcers, colitis, liver disease, lupus, or HIV. It is believed that ulcers and colitis have already been ruled out. Arafat has lost a considerable amount of body weight. Hopital d'Instruction des Armees de Percy, southwest of Paris, also has some of France's best HIV/AIDS doctors.
For several years there have been suggestions that Arafat was bisexual.
pw_sign_32.gif

PS, the French don't always listen to the UN:
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9512/france_nuclear/
\"It's really quite incredible that France didn't listen to not only the South Pacific, listen to the Commonwealth leaders, listen to the United Nations,\" said Bolger. \"The voice of the world says no to nuclear testing, and you are left wondering what part of 'no' the French government doesn't understand.\" (187K AIFF sound or 187K WAV sound)
The environmental group Greenpeace, which has actively tried to stop the tests, condemned Thursday's explosion as well. It said people around the world were hoping for a safe and peaceful New Year but French President Jacques Chirac \"is instead guaranteeing one of continued nuclear weapons testing and a world filled with nuclear weapons.\"
Also fun to note is that when France finished it's testing, Greenpeace declared victory that they got the French to stop their tests. HA! le-HA! le-HA! If greenpeace really had any relevance, there would have been no tests and certainly not six. (So when the Sudanese have killed all the people they want, the UN can claim victory that they bowed to international pressure and stopped massacring dark skinned people.)
http://archive.greenpeace.org/comms/rw/jan29.html
\"After provoking worldwide outrage over the resumption of nuclear testing, France has finally bowed to international pressure and stopped its testing at six tests rather than the originally planned eight,\" said Greenpeace Disarmament Coordinator Josh Handler. \"The onus is now on France to ensure the passage of a zero-yield nuclear test ban (CTBT) currently being negotiated.\"

StarLord

So The French

Ralan,

As the french are the same race as us white folks, pointing out their failings in the war dept is hardly being racist is it? Perhaps you can help me with a situation I know of: I have spoken with 20 different people that have visited France. Of those 20, 17 absolutely REFUSE to ever go back to france and spend their money there. Why do you suspose there is such an overwhelming majority of negative sentiment regarding the french?

Could it perhaps be their attitude towards gauche americains and our lack of savoir faire? Or perhaps the french have forgotten that, we the people, have not been the govt. like every other country, for the last 50 years?

I cannot think of a more ungreatful country than france. Have we not pulled their bacon out of the fire twice in the last 100 years? Perhaps it's the fact that they have been forced to lower their wine prices because of Napa Calif?

The french have certainly not been hurting for a lack of an opinion when it comes to America. But, SO WHAT? When the french have a bad opinion regarding us, I don't look at it as being racist, hell, it's their opinion. I don't declare war on them because they refuse to use dedorant. That's their choice to reek any way they want to.

Personally, I think the term RACIST has been misconstrued when it comes to opinions about a different country.

Can't we just drink good American wine, eat great american cheese and get along with the french? :)

Darkwolf

So The French

Being a human, I find this predudicial attitude towards my fellow humans the French quite offensive. Are you being intentionally racist, are is it the French government you are referring to?

Nope, I'm being intentionally nationalist.

Unintentional, since you mentioned the French neuclear testing thing. Look at a map showing French nuke "test" sites in Algeria and compare it to a map showing strongholds of the Algerian resistance. You'll notice a starteling coincidence.

Alyxavior

So The French

My parents have gone to France -- twice -- and want to go back again.

As for their attitude toward us. Who wouldn't have that attitude with us? We're just as arrogant are far more dangerous.

KiraSjon

So The French

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 8 2004, 08:01 PM
Look at a map showing French nuke \"test\" sites in Algeria and compare it to a map showing strongholds of the Algerian resistance. You'll notice a starteling coincidence.

I would be very interested in see a map of this, but I wasn't able to find one. Happen to have one handy Darkwolf? :)