So you want to travel through time

gomp

When I am talking to people about time travel I get asked this alot "why do you want to travel throught time?" or "but what is the point"
So I have had time to think of a reason, now when I was younger and still in school my driveing force was wanting to go back and do things differantly, talk to a girl I dident or not talk to one I did...
But now that I am all growed up(and oddly enough have ruff spots in my past that would be nice to have avoided as aposed to stupid childish things I wanted to change) I find that my reasons for wanting to travel through time have changed. Sure I had that period in my life where I just wanted to explore time, travel back and watch the construction of the great wall of china or be on a hill top and watch some of the great wars in the past, travel forward and see what wonders or down falls await man kind in our future. While traveling into the future still holds my fasination(I love gadgets and always wonder what they will come up with next) more and more I find my dream of traveling through time buckled down to the mundain task of going a short distance into the future and getting info to place bets. Sure a large part of me still wants to go into the future and get a flying car or a personal space craft, but mostly I find that I only wish to travel through time to win the lottery, and know which one of the dogs to bet on at the track.

So what drives the rest of you to travel throguht time?
Finantial gain?
pure exploration?
or do ou wish to change that one thing that you feel would make your life so much better?

peace out
gomp

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

I want to sit on the cliffs of Thermopylae and watch the Spartans defend Democracy from Assyrian Imperialism. A good bottle of Glen Livet by my side and a grandstand view.

ZeoEmeraude

Well....let's see. I think I would like to TT to see the start of the Great Pyramids in Egypt. I mean I know they took forver and a day, but I would periodically check in on the progress. My second option would be to see the Temples of the Sun and Moon being built in South America. Lastly, I would like to witness the Philadelphia Experiment (from a good distance). My main purpose would be just to witness these events as an observer.

gomp

So I am the only person out there that mainly wants to travel throught time to make monies?

ZeoEmeraude

I think the whole <span style='color:blue'>"let's go back in time and affect the Stock Market for future gain" is over-rated. I mean, ya can't take it with ya when ya go after all. </span>

Motoko Aoyama

to f***ed the future up hehehehehee nah! I wanna see what kind of technology devices is being used in the future and checking if my business selling electronics is going good.

By the way does anyone listen to Jay-Z VS Linkin Park songs? It's really good, my favorite songs are Numb VS. Encore and 99 Problems

phase12

The will and want in time travel is power.

It can be for money, fortune, and/or fame. It can be for devine knowledge. It can also be for something much less grand and flashy, but just as selfish, like closure in love matters, and a second chance, as in my case.

It is in the human psyche to want what he/she cannot have. Whether it be because of the laws of physics, nature, or authority (i.e. society, law enforcement, etc.), or just plain and simple circumstances, we want what we cannot have. And "they" say, time travel is not something we can have, thus the thousands of years for obsession so many have held.

mark

Re: So you want to travel through time

my only wish is to help change some events . just a year ago thats all. so has anybody seen butterfly effect what whas it that he did to travelle back in time whas that a form of astral proyeccion