Social Studies

PhantomLord

Re: Social Studies

There is much I would think about changing if I could go back in time, but theres only one thing I would change if I could.

Stop 9/11 from happening. Dont care how I have to do it, but I would do everything I could to prevent it from happening.

I'd change it simply because its a day I know we all wish we could have back. Those people didnt go to work that morning thinking the biggest decision they would make would be either jump or slowly burn to death.

But if Islamic Terrorism has taught us anything its that 99 times out of 100 they fail, it takes that one time. If 9/11 were prevented I have no doubt they would succeed somewhere else (perhaps a WMD attack of some sort).

Then again that only works IF people like Alex Jones are wrong and the Goverment and other New World Order types had nothing to do with this.

halo2junkie119

Somebody else already chose the asassination of JFK and if they could change it, so if I chose bobby kennedy it might seem like im copying and not being creative. But thanks anyways

ironside100

The American civil war seems a very popular choice for alternate history. Harry Turtledoves series of books called "American Empire" and various other titles describe how the events of WW1 where acted out in North America stemming from a stale mate in the civil war.

Anyway, I always considered the early history of the united states to be quite interesting grounds for alternate history. what if the united states failed to unite after the war of independance? Would we be in the situation where north america would be divided into different nation states? The kingdom of Carolina or many other possible countries may have come into being, each with its own language, French, German, English. What would be the result of all these smaller states juggling for power and resources? Fancinating possibilities.

appologises for length.

Kreeper

"I know you are working on your paper now, but did you consider this particular piece of history to change: the assassination of Bobby Kennedy? If he had lived what do you think would have happened?"

I think they would have completed the "contract" later. He was destined to suffer the assassination because he could have easily become president and because he actually cared about us.

I think what I would change would be the removal of our currency from the gold standard and the creation of the Fed.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"halo2junkie119\")</div>
I was thinking what would it be like if Ben Franklin never discovered electricity or if Nikola Tesla's inventions became popular.[/b]

Franklin never discovered electricity, and all of Tesla's useful inventions were marketed, mostly by Tesla himself. So these would not be changes.

How about a different outcome for the French and Indian War?

Harte

thenumbersix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
Franklin never discovered electricity, and all of Tesla's useful inventions were marketed, mostly by Tesla himself. So these would not be changes.

How about a different outcome for the French and Indian War? ?

Harte[/b]

lol, France win a war ? way to really mess with history :thumbsup:

halo2junkie119

I considered tesla's inventions but I dont know a whole lot about him. Also i turned in my paper today. I wish i had more time.

pieceofaman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"halo2junkie119\")</div>
Hey I was wondering if i could have some help for my social studies paper.

Our question is

If you could go back in time and change any event in American History
1. What event would you change?

2.Why would you change it?

3. What would the US/ world be like if that change really took place?

I have a few good ideas, but I was wondering if you guys had any ideas?[/b]

1. I would make it that slavery never existed in this country

2. Slavery was one of the biggest atrocities that took place in this country. It was wrong and unjust. It escalated into a situation of where people began to be treated as animals so the selfish could benefit from their work.

3. If slavery never took place then this country would have less blood on its hands i guess

ironside100

what could you possibly do though to stop slavery?

Although I agree slavery was bad I wouldnt go back and stop it because it would have a huge effect on the city I live in, Liverpool. If their was no slavery Liverpool would not have become the second richest city of its time and the worlds biggest slave port (4 million slaves bought and sold 1700-1800).