something that i am worried

Alpha and 0mega

Re: something that i am worried

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"BubbuClinton\")</div>
Well, whether there is a government conspiracy to dumb the populace down, an inept school system, or a genetically manipulated DNA issue, A & O is on the verge of making some very important decisions. I truly believe what you do at the very young age or 13-19 can have a great influence on the rest of your life.

So let?s talk real world experience.

1) Do you need to be brilliant at 13? No. Most really brilliant people don?t do well in early school classes because they haven't concerned them selves in studying how to get good grades. Either, they get distracted because they are interested in the topic or they care about other things. Some times they just think they know more than teachers. But always remember the teach gets the grade and you don?t have to deal with them after you leave the class.

2) Is 13 a good time to consider the Future? Absolutely. At 13 you have a choice to try to excel in your education, drop out from life and coast, pick friends that will get you in trouble or pick friends that will help you grow. If you are wise enough to know you need to learn more, and at 13 you do need to learn more, you will start notice how others get good grades. I would wager that others are not simply memorizing. Memorizing is a way to get some answers correct, however, what is important is the way you go about memorizing. Here are some tips from an old student that sucked in Junior high but finally became a Lawyer and an Engineer.

1) Read the book. Don't just look at it or just doodle in it Actually read the book. I recommend that before you go to class, read about the topic that is being covered first. For example, if you are going to a Social Studies class, First look at the chapter headings, then Read the highlighted parts, then go back an actually read the chapter. Next outline the chapter. Simply organize the chapter in your own hand or on computer and summarize each main point in each paragraph. Pay attention to names, dates, concepts and actually look at the foot notes

2) Go to class: Take your outline to class and make notes on it about what the teacher thinks is important. Be active in class and ask about the things that were in the book that the teacher did not cover. The teacher will love you and always give you the benefit of a doubt. Maybe extra credit points. Then fill out your outline

3) Do all of the homework. Don't skip. In math classes, if you are having trouble with a concept, do all of the problems in the chapter. Not just the ones that are assigned. If you do them all you will see examples of all of the strange situations and you will probably see the test questions anyway.

4) Study your outline for the test. ?Then Re-skim the book for missed topics.

If you do these 4 steps, it will appear that you memorized like everyone else, however, what you really will have done is actually Learned the subject. It will be in you long term memory. You will become an A student and ace every class. School before graduate school (except for engineering degrees), is only meant to present concepts to you and you are tested on whether you understand them. By doing the 4 steps you will quickly identify where you need extra help, if you do, and you won't waste a lot of time studying. Just study smart.

Also, don't cloud you mind with trash. At 13 a lot of things look attractive, like ?Hey lets play Xbox for 48 hours straight?. Don't do it. Go a head a play for a while, but remember it is just a game and means nothing to you so don't get addicted. Also Girls start looking really good. By 16 they will look even better. However, what ever your moral background, do everything you can not to have a child before you are at least 20.
I would wait longer if I were you. This may not seem important now, but in a few year it will become more challenging.

Don't try heavy narcotics or alcohol, they won't help and it may take you 20 years to figure out you are not 13 any more. I would stay away from playful drugs too. I know there are many here that think that can expand their minds with magic weed and mushrooms, but don't consider it until you understand the consequences, I would say wait until your are 50 before trying. By then you decide if you care and you really will not have missed anything other than a lot of grief.

Also, have fun. By studying smart it will give time to do other things like music, sports, chess, computers, what ever. But do something that develops talents and skills. Don't just watch TV. Do things and enjoy life.

The fact that you are on this board means you have interest in things that are beyond most 13 year old people, therefore, you are not stupid. You are not drugged by the government, and you will just have to deal with the DNA given to you. Getting good grades is a process. Just do the process of learning the correct way and life will be simpler for you.

It is very important to \"get the paper\" like others have stated. Later in life it opens many doors that you were probably not born into. You can change your situation in life by simply learning how to learn. :)

Go for it, Brush your teeth and don't worry about Fluoride in the tooth paste. It is more important to kill the germs than it is to mind expanding drug induced experiences anyway.

Have faith that you can do it and just go do it. Don't worry about bad teachers or inept schools systems. Take what you have, use it, learn what you can and succeed.

Good Luck and God (or Alien) bless.

Bubbu

______________________________________[/b]
oh..i see...great post!!:grin: