Somewhere In Time

CindyT

Somewhere In Time

Hi all,

I just found the link to a wonderful site about Somewhere in Time, starring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour. This movie was probably one of of the best love storys of all time, in my opinion. Two people from completely different times fall in love!

Filmed at the Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, MI, it was interesting to note that some of the extras who wore the (circa 1912) attire for the ballroom sequence actually felt they were transformed to that period. What a beautiful experience for all involved in this production, not to mention the many movie fans who have enjoyed this.

Regards,
Cindy

Phoenix

Somewhere In Time

Originally posted by CindyT@Sep 10 2004, 11:16 AM
Hi all,

I just found the link to a wonderful site about Somewhere in Time, starring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour. This movie was probably one of of the best love storys of all time, in my opinion. Two people from completely different times fall in love!

Filmed at the Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, MI, it was interesting to note that some of the extras who wore the (circa 1912) attire for the ballroom sequence actually felt they were transformed to that period. What a beautiful experience for all involved in this production, not to mention the many movie fans who have enjoyed this.

Regards,
Cindy
I think I saw that a long time ago on tv. I think I liked it.

titorite

The OP is about a movie. Granted it may be a time travel movie but it is a work of fiction all the same...

Also your blasting away in a singular line style is suggestive meh,, My opinions are my own. We have seen you at TTI too have we not?

Shapeshifter

Somewhere In Time

Hi all,

Regards,
Cindy

OMG! I was JUST thinking about this movie and going to post something about it here! Absolutely loved this movie too and watched it SEVERAL times as a child. I mean I loved the romance part but I was very intrigued by the time travel aspect and HOW he did his time traveling. And that was one reason I was going to post here. Because it is through very deep, very long mediation that he is able to do. Specifically he has to convince his mind that he is in the year he wishes to go back to. So he has to remove ANY object in his view that could possibly remind him of his present time. He then tells himself the year over and over and listens to a tape of himself saying the year he is in and what he is doing in that year and where he is, all the details. And you see him just exhausted after hours upon hours and days upon days of this and its right when you think he's given up (but really he is LETTING GO at this point, in terms of his more linear ego mind running the show) and THAT's when he is able to do it. It's really a great film, and I think helpful to our endeavors here and I was thinking of watching it again myself. :) Thanks for the reminder Cindy!

bowtiesarecool

I wasn't sure at first, and am still not, whether your comment was directed at my post specifically, or this thread in general.

That said, I am perplexed by your answers. You seem to be speaking what seems like a foreign language to me. :/

Please explain:

OP?

" 'blasting away' in a singular line style"??

suggestive of what exactly?

and who is "we"? o_O
You're being creepy and vague.

No one said you weren't entitled to your opinions. I just don't get it, lol.

So, if your comment was directed towards the entire thread..um..

I think you're allowed to post threads about movies and books on here though. I'm pretty sure I've seen quite a few and it doesn't seem to violate the TOS or be considered spam as far as I can tell. I could be wrong. You've apparently been here a while, so you'd know better than I would.

And if you were referring to my comment specifically as spam, I still don't get it. Not sure why saying I like something would be spam.

Thanks in advance for clearing all that up.

T.A. Walters

I saw this movie a number of times (Have wife will travel), time travel that is ... LOL.

Well, I will say this and the method in which time travel was achieved for the purpose of this fiction tale is one very interesting way. That is that time travel could actually be mechanized through 'co-trains of self hypnosis'. Studies of such were conducted secretly in the early forties. Unfortunately the results were secret as well.

So, who's to say? I take all things serious here in this forum ... so what say you?