Stilling the Mind_ POLL

How long does it take you to Still the mind from any thoughts?

• 1-2 mins or less

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • 5-10mins

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • 10-15mins

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 15+

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Other (please state in a repy)

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Not interested in doing this

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

alpha centauri

I know this type of meditation but I am not good at it and I am a little bit worried that it takes my inspiration away, so I am not practicing it. I voted for 1-2 mins or less.
I heard that women are better at it than men.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
My brain is kind of hyperactive, so it's pretty hard for me to actually stop and meditate. Sometimes I'm able to when I go to bed and start to enter a sleepy state. Then I'm able to force my brain to go silent and meditate.

Otherwise during the day, not an easy task...

@Cosmo 's comment reminds me that weed will become legal in Canada this summer if everything goes as expected. Perhaps it might be possible for me to reach more easily a calm and relaxed state with edibles...

Does that make sense?

Mayhem

Zenith
Weed doesnt help with meditation. Some may think that it calms the mind.

It may help with other health problems , sleep and a few other things.

Id be very careful with using it for anxiety and similar problems.

It will be good for pain relief, but the associated issues depending on the usage, is up for debate.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If I am to try it, I definitely plan to take it super easy. I never tried weed in my life before and my objective isn't to become a stoner, that's for sure.

Mayhem

Zenith
Im not sure over you way but be careful drug testing now for driving is becoming very advanced.

It can stay in the system and depending how good the tests are.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It's a good advice. Yeah, they're gonna test big time. In my case, it would only be about getting relaxed a bit with a super tiny dose. At home. Definitely not before driving, as the same rules as alcohol (and common sense) apply.

Maniacal Mary

I chose "Other",

It depends on the time, what's going on personally and what I feel both personally and from things happening in the world - it can be anywhere from a few minutes to having to wait because I can’t focus due to too much going on, my brain is a wild thing which never helps. Sometimes when I’m in the middle of stillness I’ll have a disruption but I’m now able to bring focus and pull myself back from distraction.