Terrorist Attacks

PyRo99

Terrorist Attacks

We had an 11 year old once.

But I guess it will be a good thing. I mean...I don't know what i mean anymore. :lol:

PyRo

sosuemetoo

Terrorist Attacks

I may be unpopular here, but here is a suggestion.

With regards to age, I believe that there should be a round table (of sorts) with parents that have children (of internet posting age) to decide the minimum age.

I'm not trying to exclude anyone from a vote on the age restriction or age registration...I'm just saying that as a parent we would know better (with the content of this board) what would be age appropriate or help in setting a minimum age.

If this is acceptable to the Admin and Mod's, I could head up a roundtable discussion and report back.

I'm only volunteering and throwing an idea out here. I will understand if the "powers that be" do not agree.

Jovial_Kitten

Terrorist Attacks

with COPPA it's 13. That's the law and I don't see any reason it really needs to vary from that age. Rug would be allowed to stay since it was our own fault that we didn't have it up before then. I swore Jedi turned it on the other day when he was fixing something for me.

PyRo99

Terrorist Attacks

Back to the original purpose of this thread.

Does anyone have another solution how do this, besides the ones that have been presented?

Unintentional

Terrorist Attacks

Can't we just say "you know who" and "you know what" when we are talking about "you know what"? Or we could just filter the "you know what" work.

(ducks things being thrown at head)

(whew!)

In other words, couldn't people just use a little tact?

The moderators could edit a harsh, blunt, fear mongering post into something more soft. Do I recall a moderator here who once would edit other peoples posts just to correct spelling? :lol: How much simplier would it be to just replace a bunch of...

EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE OFFENSE

...see?

Phoenix

Terrorist Attacks

Well I think if it is a precise date and relating to a clearly defined criminal act such as terrorism. I think it is in line in trying to keep time travelers, members, and this board free from any potential danger of being under scrutiny.

I think both the asker and the answer need to have their posts deleted, and receive a warning with the possibility of being banned for repeat offenses.

I think it is extra work for the moderators but I think they are up for it.

Is there any objects that people would have with this?

August

Terrorist Attacks

PyRo,

16? Good lord you are mature in the noggin. Thank your parents for me.

Grayson,

I too am a student of Plato. And 37--you and I remember the Thunderbirds on the tele then? You are wise but I need to give you a little perspective from the colonies over here.

Phoenix,

When was the last time I told you I am glad you are at the helm? Well I am.

PyRo99's protective stance is the one to take...

I believe that we should not allow members to ask when the next terrorist attack is/where because that could get the TT in a world of hurt.

1. Just today, 6/21/04, the Supreme Court of the US ruled that it IS Constitutional for a police officer to demand the identitiy of an individual--without "probable cause". I look forward to Paul's upcoming disertation on this.

2. The anti-war protesters, those mothers and grandmothers who hold up signs every Sunday in my town on the corner of main and...have disappeared. Hmmm. (I spoke with a few 2 months ago and they accused me of being a Federal agent.)

3. The FBI is here in New England raiding art galleries. I posted this story 2 weeks ago.

So my thoughts are the following...

1. Sure I am prone to paranoia, but doesn't every society need a few of me?

2. Things are moving very fast over here, so get rid of those sentences that start off, "But don't they need to establish..." or "I thought they couldn't..."

3. Boards like this one are ripe reading for us. Imagine yourself in the shoes of an agent. Who's door would you want to knock on?

4. I would err on the side of protecting the community from such confrontations.

But in the end, I trust Phoenix.

PyRo99

Terrorist Attacks

Actually, that may be of some help. Although, I don't know what it does. :blink:

But we still need the rule, inplace. :)