Terrorist Attacks

PyRo99

Terrorist Attacks

As much as this would contradict the rule, no doomsday predictions.

I believe that we should not allow members to ask when the next terrorist attack is/where because that could get the TT in a world of hurt. If the TT answered that question, and a government agent was watching the site what makes you think they won't use the Patriot Act upon the TT? And if the member asked the TT in a private session, and the TT made note of it, the Patriot Act could be used to come down upon that user.

Also, if the TT makes the comment, and people see it, and the TT was never debunked, and left such as Peragro did, then we would never know if this upcoming Terrorist attack could hapen, and it could strike fear into some of the members here, and for that I do not want to happen.

PyRo

Cornelia

Terrorist Attacks

Sorry Pyro,
I don't agree at all with your thoughts. I've just opened a poll yesterday about this topic... you can find it here: http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...owtopic=152&hl=

I don't think at all we should worry about MIBs. They don't care of "Science Fiction" Forums: there are plenty out there, and everybody is trying to guess "if" and "when" that attack will come. The whole world is guessing, and they can't arrest all the people saying "September" or "the first days of October" or whatever. If you are so scared of MIBs, we could simply ask to TTers not to say any exact date, that's all.

Anoah

Terrorist Attacks

Hmmm, I would have to say that I mostly agree with Pyro. I would not go as far to say 'no doomsday' predictions but we still need to be careful of what we do say. I do believe that so called sci fi and other sites are being monitered. Key words so to speak are looked for and investigated. Doomsday predictions are okay but we need to avoid specific details about them on the threads. IRC servers have been taken away by the FBI and chats investigated looking for people who are possibly criminals. They do look for some things on BB boards. I think they would investigate.

Phoenix

Terrorist Attacks

Does anyone on this board have actual experience in this feild.

Grayson?

Does anyone have a friend that works in such an agency that they can ask what we can do to be on the up and up and not attract attention to ourselves?

PyRo99

Terrorist Attacks

Originally posted by Cornelia@Jun 21 2004, 04:21 AM
Sorry Pyro,
I don't agree at all with your thoughts. I've just opened a poll yesterday about this topic... you can find it here: http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...owtopic=152&hl=

I don't think at all we should worry about MIBs. They don't care of \"Science Fiction\" Forums: there are plenty out there, and everybody is trying to guess \"if\" and \"when\" that attack will come. The whole world is guessing, and they can't arrest all the people saying \"September\" or \"the first days of October\" or whatever. If you are so scared of MIBs, we could simply ask to TTers not to say any exact date, that's all.
Yes but Cornelia, if they give the whereabouts of the attack, they are still succeptable to being nailed.

If I were to say *disclaimer don't mean this* the next terrorist attack will be in Witichta, Kansas. And a government agent sees this he is going to wonder how the hell i know this. If I knew where it was, what says that I don't know when it will be also?

I remeber some of these TTs to be kids. If we have a kid that is just overwhelmingly predicting Terrorist attacks, and the govt. notices this, you can bet your horses that they will investigate.

PyRo.

lev

Terrorist Attacks

Also, if the TT makes the comment, and people see it, and the TT was never debunked, and left such as Peragro did, then we would never know if this upcoming Terrorist attack could hapen, and it could strike fear into some of the members here, and for that I do not want to happen.

::.. I agree ..::.. Same with Boomer :: Even though he may be considered 'debunked' by the majority, he is still considered a true Time Traveler by many :: Although he may be a total work of fiction, it goes without saying that he has had a strong effect on some believers ..::.. Most of us can make up our own minds as to our reactions to these possible hoaxes :: So, I must ask, do we have an age restriction on this site? ..::.. Would you want your 10 year old to read about our impending DOOM from someone touted as a real Time Traveler? ..::.. Where is the disclaimer? ::..

Phoenix

Terrorist Attacks

I think if it means averting unwanted government attention to this forum. I would very much be in favor of the rule to have moderators intervene in questions and answers that relate to exact predictions of a terrorist nature.

I think it should result not only in a deletion of question and answer but also of a warning and possible ban for both the question asker and answer. If this rule is broken several times.

The moderators should explain why this rule is in effect and it will mean much more work for moderators.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Terrorist Attacks

Firstly, Phoenix, enable the COPPRA registration process. We then know who the Minor's are.

Secondly. In my understanding of UK Law, which isn't too disimilar to many Western Legal systems, there has to be defined and achievable Criminal Intent in order for the FBI, MI6 or Interpol to become involved.

What is Criminal Intent? This is the intention to commit a criminal, not civil, act which is by definition of the Court's Illegal. There must also be an achievable method of sponsoring this Criminal Intent. It is not sufficient to say that you are going to kill Arch-Duke Ferdinand, as that can be seen as and argued as mere expression of Intent to commit murder. This is like saying that the next time you see Billy Bully, you are going to hit him. A lot can happen between the expression and the actual act.

To say that you have purchased a Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle and when Arch-Duke Ferdinand visits Sarajevo next week you will wait in the bell-tower across the street and shoot him, expresses actual Intent and defines the mechanism by which you will do it.

Which one would set your alarm bells off?

The argument must then move on to the involvement of this Board in either scenario.

I leave it to some debate afore continuing.