The 2% Solution

Mudpuppy

The 2% Solution

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Oct 8 2004, 03:42 PM

It may be that it isn't the number of universes that is inifinite, but the number of ways of seeing the same one.

Yes! That's it exactly. >:D< All realities are happening simultaneously....it depends on where your focus is. In my reality, I suffer a concussion by getting hit on the head with a baseball......in yours, you're the lucky guy who hit it....both happening at the same time. Shifting realities....it's like time travel but a different type of traveling or transversing of time and space. Aside from the levels of consciousness (higher and lower) that was mentioned imagine that one can move not just up and down but across, as well. Across into different simultaneous realities all happening at once. Whichever one you choose (free will) will give you the "journey" (they all actually give you the "journey") until you (and the other you in other worldlines) converge back to source a.k.a.=the "destination" (or death). Consider that while in human form you are not only able to move up and down....but sideways as well and it is all happening at the same time.

What would we do with all that Karma? Well, Karma is just experience and learning and we take it all back with us to source at the end of the journey.....plug it in, merge back and let whoever or whatever created or started us experience one more tiny spark of human essence.

Mudpuppy

The 2% Solution

After all, you can easily be tricked, by blindfold, into believing that a pear is an apple. How hard could it be to make yourself believe that you are a unique entity with a beginning and end?

Maybe "science" and "logic" isn't everything.....a starting point but maybe "belief" is everything. Maybe the universe conforms to what we believe it to be instead of the other way around. Maybe we can be tricked into believing that the world is flat until enough people "believe" it is not and then circumstances change after the belief hits critical mass and enough people believe it to be round. Look how quantum physics is laughable in one century and in another it becomes science. Even mainstream scientist admit that nothing is really provable. But enough people but belief in it to give it impetus and it becomes or is created as a reality. I could believe in the mechanics of time travel. I can believe ("I want to believe") that the one who called himself John Titor was a time traveler, I can believe I am a unique entity with a beginning and an ending.......so when I come to that end, the universe gives me exactly what I believe (which is why I don't believe in a little man with a cape and pitchfork)....nothing personal Satan. :blush:

StarLord

The 2% Solution

Yes, Rome is being built now, Rome is being sacked now, Columbus is sailing now, the Aztecs are enjoying chocolate drinks now, the Sun is going nova right now. Luckily, past a certain level, there is no time and thus, no HDR stories right now.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
The 2% Solution

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 8 2004, 11:37 PM
Yes, Rome is being built now, Rome is being sacked now, Columbus is sailing now, the Aztecs are enjoying chocolate drinks now, the Sun is going nova right now. Luckily, past a certain level, there is no time and thus, no HDR stories right now.

Yes Starlord, but surely the soul exists in all those realities as well.

Judge Bean

The 2% Solution

If the soul exists without reference to or dependence upon time, then would you risk disconnection to your soul by unexpectedly shifting to another time? Perhaps that is why Satan is our Administrator: to be in the catbird seat to rake in all these timetraveler souls.

Judge Bean

The 2% Solution

What happens to the original or ?old? future, which was abandoned when the new one sprang up for the traveler?

First of all, if you were to try to go ?back to the future,? you would fail to return to your familiar one; you would wind up in the new future you ?caused? or encountered by traveling to the past; they would have no record of your existence then, because you would not have been to ?that? future yet. Your parents would not recognize you, and may have given somebody else your name.

It appears that there is an infinite number of arenas of existence, no two of which are exactly simultaneous; and that the present moment (the illusory hinge between what has occurred and what has yet to) is spread evenly and eternally throughout a universe expanded in an unimaginable way. But this is not to assert multiple universes. Even if there were, to move objects of mass and traverse the apparent bounds between ongoing ?universes? is not to affect them in some way, and is more bruising to the ego than to any ?timeline.?

Travel to the past allows one to visit worlds which cannot look forward to Dante, Shakespeare, Freud, or Einstein, but which might find itself blessed with women who achieve the like glorious results and of a kind who in our own time were overshadowed by giant men. I cannot do without Shakespeare, so I would forego Freud if necessary. But to forego Freud loses us Einstein as well. It?s enough to know that in some universe, they lived, and that in any universe, others like them likely will be born; but it is a leap over the known reach of reason to conclude that they exist if there is no proof of their having yet been born.

You might expect to encounter a time traveler from the future, likely sent by the government to secure history in favor of a society in which the highest values are placed upon corporate capitalism?not, by any means, free enterprise or democracy?rather, upon the style of technological exploitation we think most likely to prevail and endure to a point capable of inventing, and motivated to use, time travel.

What army, political philosophy, or social system can prevail against corporate capitalism? It has so far overpowered both Communism and Democracy in their traditional theoretical and practical modes, and subsumes the modern state in whatever form it takes. When one?s citizens are subject to conversion to consumers at the most intimate levels, and one?s government depends for its existence upon the largesse and prerogative of corporate authorities above all mere law, society can name its plans and motives by any whimsical or academic name without effect.

Yet what makes the world?s citizens excellent consumers does not necessarily guarantee the future of consumerism, since it has shown itself to invite idleness and pleasure-seeking, and in those paths lie creativity, freedom of thought, and subversion. There is an uneasy pact between exquisite technological welfare and the unpredictable human spirit. This pact will probably not conclude with the nightmare triumph of materialism, if for no other reason than that it will have been acts of imagination and unorthodox vision themselves responsible for the quantum jumps into our own and alternate futures. The future probably is not banal.

For these reasons, I would expect our time visitors to be interested in harvesting our dreams and spirits?rather, in pushing us to envision things we have trouble imagining on our own. To engineer a dream, all you need to do is drop hints and names?in our creative state, we are highly suggestible. We apparently hypnotize ourselves nightly, and incorporate what we?ve done and heard and seen into highly fluid narratives. Here is the seedground for planting the possible future.

A visitor from the future addressing a select audience would need to seduce a community, and would need a group with their minds wide open?almost unhinged?almost permanently forced open. It wouldn?t matter in the end if he had staged a fine hoax, a literate masterpiece containing only 2% of the truth. It wouldn?t matter if he had arranged the false front of a foundation, a lawyer, a password, and a massive volume of dubious material calculated to occupy the attentions of his immediate audience. The mission is accomplished if the seed is planted and the actual target audience is reached. This actual audience is the true and invisible church, the chosen ones, the few out of the many. It is to these that the actual lie must stick and endure?the rest is dross.

Mudpuppy

The 2% Solution

but it is a leap over the known reach of reason to conclude that they exist if there is no proof of their having yet been born.

And yet radio waves were in effect long before Marconi discovered them......

Judge Bean

The 2% Solution

Originally posted by Mudpuppy@Oct 11 2004, 07:10 PM

And yet radio waves were in effect long before Marconi discovered them......

How do you know?

How do you know that the discovery did not alter them?

StarLord

The 2% Solution

Looking for the cat in the box changed everything.

Suddenly we had green eggs and ham to deal with.

What about signals that have always been there but we have no equipmet to percieve them yet?

Judge Bean

The 2% Solution

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 12 2004, 08:40 PM
Looking for the cat in the box changed everything.

Suddenly we had green eggs and ham to deal with.

What about signals that have always been there but we have no equipmet to percieve them yet?

According to some of the more embarrassed astronomers, 90% of the universe isn't there.