The Disney Connection

Keroscene

The Disney Connection

I've been thinking about VirtualGirls posts alot, about how her information in regards to John Titor seems to be related to Disney. I've also heard some theories that suggest the US Government has made or almost made deals with Disney to produce a "movie" to prepare Earth for an invasion by aliens. I know that they recently released a documentary that was not widely broadcast which contents were basically "pro-alien". The Disney movie, "The Flight of the Navigator", was one of my favorite movies as a child. I thought it was very clever how it introduced Time Travel and Aliens into one movie. I want to say that Disney's motives are purely financial, and the only connection is the fact that there is money to be made from both subjects, however I can't help but think there is something more going on here. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and what their thoughts were.

Strangevisitor

Re: The Disney Connection

I wouldn't be suprised if Disney was working with the government on "preparing" us. But if the Titor thing is some hoax by Disney it is probably a publicity stunt. Like, (I think) VirtiualGirl said the story is well known.

bowtiesarecool

Well, Disney is buying up just about everything.....so maybe they know something.

T.A. Walters

Well, Disney is buying up just about everything.....so maybe they know something.

Having money and a bunch of 9 to 5 clerks to spend it all on a whim, doesn't mean they 'know anything' other than waste money on dumb projects. But then, waste a buck and collect a thousand at the front gate means you can dabble in screwy ideas that never pan-out and it never shows on a balance sheet, so the stockholders blindly hold a trust in the firm.

-sorry for the rant.

Ren

I would say that making a movie these days is a very risky investment unless your target audience is children. Adults are going to pirate it.

bowtiesarecool

Having money and a bunch of 9 to 5 clerks to spend it all on a whim, doesn't mean they 'know anything' other than waste money on dumb projects. But then, waste a buck and collect a thousand at the front gate means you can dabble in screwy ideas that never pan-out and it never shows on a balance sheet, so the stockholders blindly hold a trust in the firm.

-sorry for the rant.

It means they know how to make money. :)

And no need to apologize for the rant.

A) I rant all the time.

B) I didn't understand much of what you said anyway, lol.

C) You clearly misunderstood what I meant by "know something".

I think we're speaking a different language.

I'm afraid I don't understand fiduciary (sp?) esperanto. o_0

T.A. Walters

-sorry for the rant.

It means they know how to make money. :)

And no need to apologize for the rant.

A) I rant all the time.

B) I didn't understand much of what you said anyway, lol.

C) You clearly misunderstood what I meant by "know something".

I think we're speaking a different language.

I'm afraid I don't understand fiduciary (sp?) esperanto. o_0

Sorry, don't mean to leave you tromped-out in the dust of the hooves of a bunch of runaway horses! Really to tell you the truth, my rant was mainly a personal experience I have had with the Disney Corp. They run their business just like a business and not otherwise. I had some business dealing with Disney and I have also visited Disney with my family and kin. The visit was nothing but beautiful and memorable. The business dealings were far less of that and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. That's all.

I don't hate Disney. Just that I have learned to understand them as no different than any other business if you were to try to deal with. So try to understand that dealing and enjoying Disney are way way different animals!

As far as knowing something that we don't know. Well ... who really knows? I certainly don't.

Ren

What a coincidence. I have dealings with Disney too.

There was an article about how Marvel paid some actors only around $200,000 for their part in "The Avengers", a movie that grossed over 1 billion dollars in 2012 alone!

Now some of the better known actors earned a lot.
The Salaries of Marvel’s The Avengers
But some of the lesser known actors have criticized them for being cheap.

Disney also.
So, you know, The John Titor Project movie is probably not going to make anyone rich.

David Brin claims he was inspired by the J.T. story and wrote "The Postman" which was a horrible flop at the box office.
Hopefully, this new movie will do what is needed -- and that is to warn people.