The Draft: Revisited

Chenoweth

When the troops in Iraq are finally allowed to leave, they go directly to Iran to start a brand new invasion. When they refuse to report to duty, they are arrested. Bush then implements a draft, which sparks riots.

Cornelia

Unfortunately, Siberia is not that huge reserve, and Canadian heavy oil and tar sands need 3 barrels of oil in order to extract 4. Not a big deal.
Mexico reserves are mostly offshore, and they need a lot of money to be recovered... and nobody dares to spent that money unless he's very sure the amount is huge. It's a catch 22.

If you're interested on the topic, there's a good board here:
http://www.peakoil.com/gate.html?name=Forums
;)

Snakey

Hi,

Heres my prediction for this whole Iraq situation. Okay the first that is going to happen is Korea will not give up its Nuclear weapons program which will lead the United States to leave them alone for another year or so....Iraq will be fully taken over and America will put in a new goverment after signing a oil deal leading to america to bathe in middle east oil and the economy will keep rising for United States... United States will continue its terrorist campaign to disarm Iran and all start a war over there this will lead to America to have a draft in which the people will not like this because all the troops will be doing is getting killed and being considered heroes... Americans will resist the draft and end up taking up arms towards the goverment and its officials while the followers of Bush will end up fighting for bush.... This will lead to a great civil war that will last a couple of years.. A new administration will be put into power and as for Iran america will end up backing out of the Middle East all together due to the Civil War back home.... Shortly after this long civil war Iran and some other middle east countries will think America is weak from their civil war they had and try to take over America... the alliance will consist of most Middle East countries and Russia China Korea Japan in a attemp to take out the allies United States, Canada, UK, a few europe countries and Australia oh and Mexico to I dont think Iam forgettting anything this will become known as WW 4.... The main reason behind this war is a lack of political structure in America and rights over the remaining cheap oil in the middle east...

this is what I predict for the next few years to come
now I dont expect this to happen and it would be good if it doesnt
hehe its the imagination of a 17 year old kid :p

peace to all,
Snakey :D

ZeoEmeraude

Yo....
It really doesn't matter ppl.
Yes, we can dig deeper for oil, yes we can go to other countries, and yes we can look all over hell and back for this precious black substance...but the truth of it is this....IT WILL RUN OUT. The future of it is that we NEED to find an alternate remedy to this situation. There are inventors out there who do in fact find solutions to this dilemna...unfortunately they are bought out by the major oil companies. These companies want to keep a tight reign on thier products....it gives them reason to buy the real inovators off. (IMO) "The Man" is always in it ppl, and "They" will always keep ya down, just to plummet your hopes for a nice "utopia". I think that it will take us all getting out of our cars, do the "Battlefield Earth" thing and ride horses, and embrace these new forms of technology. In the end..it boils down to this.........If you want to see the change, then take the first step to achieve it...(IMO) Buy a bike and peddle your butt off to get it done.

XDrFirefly

Current view on the draft.

I was in Air Force jr ROTC for 4 years. Since, I was a kid all I wanted to do was be a spy or a soldier or something. Well, after 4 years of that. (Which was a great time, and I did learn a lot about my country and my government.) I said there was no way in hell i'd be shipped to some desert, and die on non us soil over some silly conflict between a bunch of suits in Washington. Then 9.11! I had a very strange emotional reaction that day. I started off very afraid. It was ingrained in my head that something like this could never happened in this country. Then, I became very excited I felt alive. I'm not glad or happy or joyful about what happened, I just felt alive. I had many friends join the military. Then, they all asked me why I wasn't joining it. Here is my answer to them. "I will defend American Soil, that's it!" If I die fighting I will die on my soil. I had a few friends tell me to join the national guard, but look they are even gone now. (Which scares me if they are gone who is here to protect us...)

So, my plan for the draft. I'm a caver, so I know plenty of hidden save places. I'd pack my bags bring a gun, and hide out with a small radio. (Would have to go to the outside every once and awhile.) But, most of the cave are hidden in woods so it's all good. Now, If i hear that the "bad guys" have started to land here, I would be up in arms and collect my friend, and find a safe place to weather the battles.

-Dr FF

ZeoEmeraude

If ya wanna really get away from it all, then I have 2 words: Cocos Island. Heck at least you could look for the "Loot of Lima" while you are there.

CaryP

Re: The Draft: Revisited

A warning to parents with high school aged children. I had to spilt it up into two posts because of size, I guess. Got some kind of "stack overload" message. In fact, the last part of the article couldn't be loaded, because of this. So I'd suggest if you want to see the whole thing, go to the link below.

Cary

http://www.antiwar.com/whitehurst/?articleid=5049

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?10 Ways to Protect Your Child From the ASVAB ? ? ? ? ? ?
by Dr. Teresa Whitehurst \"Many parents have experienced the eerie intuition that tells them ? ?their child is in danger.\"

- Jesus ? ?on Parenting

\"Mom, there's this test we're supposed to take tomorrow,\" my daughter told me one night last year, \"but I have a funny feeling about it. Our guidance counselor came in and said that the school would be giving all juniors a special career-aptitude test, to show us where our talents are. It sounded good, but then a military recruiter came in and said that this test, called the ASVAB, could help us choose the best career path.

\"He said, 'any personal information will be kept strictly confidential.' I asked if the military would keep our names and numbers, and he just repeated that it's 'confidential.' That was when I knew something was wrong ? why make such a big deal about getting our personal information, unless that's the point of the whole thing?\"

Indeed.

The guidance counselor reassured one boy who asked a very good question that no, the ASVAB had nothing to do with the military or the possibility of being drafted. No, the names and information would never be used in the event of a draft.

Unconvinced, that boy and my daughter talked after class and decided to ask if they could refuse to take the test. They were the only students who opted out ? the others were scared not to take it. One friend simply said he was taking the test because he didn't want to \"get in trouble.\" Another classmate said, \"Well I don't want to take it, but if we don't, the school might not let us graduate!\"

Notice that even the two most skeptical children felt they had to ask for permission not to take the test: they'd been given to understand that the test was mandatory ? ?because the guidance counselor had announced that \"all juniors will be ? ?taking the ASVAB tomorrow.\"

? ?

CaryP

Warning to parents, part deux.

Parents, if you want to protect your child from ? ?military recruiters and the coming draft, you'd better speak up and speak up ? ?now. If you think your child is safe at school, think again ? now that ? ?Mr. Bush's wars are in full swing, he needs a steady stream of warm bodies for ? ?the battlefields. And the easiest warm bodies to get, of course, are the young ? ?ones.

?Kids are so much easier than mature adults to dupe with glorious words of manhood, ? ?honor, sacrifice, and heroism. That's why the military is focusing so heavily ? ?on getting them at school, where their parents can't see what's going on.

?I'm sorry to say that, with a ? ?few admirable exceptions, American schools are no longer safe places for ? ?learning: they've become essential tools in the Pentagon's toolbox, allowing ? ?recruiters (and future draft boards) easy access to the children in their care.

?The ASVAB \"aptitude\" test was news to me; I'd never even heard of ? ?it, and the school never asked for parental consent before administering it. ? ?None of the parents I knew had any warning about the test or when it ? ?would be given. When they did hear about it, most of them believed that this ? ?was just another standardized test, or that kids refusing to take it would be ? ?penalized in some way.

?Isn't it just the perfect setup? So much can be said without actually saying ? ?it. The official tone of the announcement, the introduction of the test by a ? ?trusted guidance counselor, the disavowal of any ties to the military: these ? ?routine-sounding aspects of the ASVAB convince teens and parents that every ? ?student must take it.

?

ZeoEmeraude

Yup, Cary....There ya have it, another slice of the cake of lies that is also known as <span style='color:blue'>\"The Man\". Ya know, it really doesn't surprise me that this is goin down. I think parents need to be more in touch with these so called \"Standardized Tests\". I mean honestly, how many parents actually get to see what's on these tests? Not many that's for sure; and if you could see what's on them, would ya let your kids take it? And these tests are to determine if your kid may or may not get drafted into a war of politics? See that's \"The Man \" for ya in classic form. </span>

I also feel ya about the duping of children to fight a fight which (as we have all seen) continues to rage on. The point i'm tryin to make here is that these decisions by our leaders are not nessecary. We as free people have the right to choose our path, just as our forefathers have. I don't think a test for govt. staus or drafting, should determine what children should do with thier current lives or in the upcoming years.

Another quality rant by your TTF Super Sayian: Zeo

K@t 5

Funny, when I was in high school and decided to take the test I needed a parental consent form and there was a ton of reading material available. We took the test in the cafeteria and the rest of the school continued on with what they were doing. Hell, I actually missed my classes that day and had to make up class work...what happened to change that? Of course, my husband's school did something similar to this article, so maybe my school was just the odd ball out.