The Matrix Resurrections Trailer

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I hear the word "woke" a lot lately. But based on the context I hear it used in, I would have to say "woke" means you are or have become a full blown racist hell bent on hating your fellow man.

That is the definition I was meaning, but I have to pledge not to get too political. A lot of movies and tv shows are being redone to be politically correct, including Doctor Who, so I was expecting Matrix to end up the same way.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
When you say "woke", do you mean like the new Star Wars trilogy? Full of youth and diversity, with a flawless female lead who shows exactly zero weakness or struggle for the whole 3 movies?

Yes, replacing the male Doctor Who with a female and intentionally adding gay and muslim assistants to be politically correct. (I don't care if they are gay or muslim, but the REASON why they are doing it is what bothers me).

Walking Dead - Daryl is good looking. Through the years they made sure he became uglier and uglier and hid his body behind hideous clothes and greasy hair, while the women look sexy. And now, the entire focus is on Maggie, who always happens to be fashionable with perfect makeup during the apocalypse. Heaven forbid, you can't have a male hero. That would be too much. (Sorry, it's very hard not to get political).

Inferno

This is the first movie I've been exited for in a long while. I really hope this movie lives up to expectations, though it most likely won't.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I always thought Daryl looked better with long hair. He looks rugged and badass.

I miss the puncho days though. These were great seasons. Good old days.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, I don't mind women, gays, Muslims, anyone in the movies, basically. But don't force replace all the white male characters we love with them.

They announced this week that this chick I can't remember the name, will take the lead in the Indiana Jones franchise. Wait, what?

Remember the buzz around the all female Ghostbusters a few years back? They said people hated the movie because of misogyny. While the truth was simple: The movie sucked ass.

Bones McCoy

I hear the word "woke" a lot lately. But based on the context I hear it used in, I would have to say "woke" means you are or have become a full blown racist hell bent on hating your fellow man.

o_O

What you can learn from Twitter:

The periodic table is racist. Mathematics is racist. Formal logic is racist. Race does not exist. Race is a social construct. The white race is the root of all evil, and urgently requires extermination. Gender does not exist. Gender is a social construct. There are millions of genders. You can and should self-diagnose yourself with mental illnesses, because certain mental illnesses are cool. There is no such thing as mental illness. If you believe you are an ice dragon from the moon, that is your lived experience and therefore correct.

Bones McCoy

Yeah, I don't mind women, gays, Muslims, anyone in the movies, basically. But don't force replace all the white male characters we love with them.

They announced this week that this chick I can't remember the name, will take the lead in the Indiana Jones franchise. Wait, what?

Remember the buzz around the all female Ghostbusters a few years back? They said people hated the movie because of misogyny. While the truth was simple: The movie sucked ass.
The Mad Paddy was just talking about this same exact thing.