The Multiverse

Rudi

StarTraveller94

I'm talking about the third and fifth dimension, which you do not control, because the ordinary mortal man therefore forgets about traveling.
Man is a physical being of light. It is possible to travel only in the fifth dimension and also after the infinite universe.

You can only travel in fantasy.

Harte

I think the multiverse is infinite, and as such, almost anything you can think of exists in it with very, very, very few exceptions.
There is no mathematical support for the above statement.
Infinity certainly does NOT imply the existence of all possible things.

Harte

StarTraveller94

There is no mathematical support for the above statement.
Infinity certainly does NOT imply the existence of all possible things.

Harte
You're under the impression that I was stating what I said as objective fact. I wasn't.

Besides, even if I must concede that we must make reasonable assumptions based on what we know, there is absolutely no reason for existence to operate in any way that makes sense to us or makes us comfortable.

Harte

When you throw around mathematical terms, you are subject to mathematical constraints.

It's a common argument among people that don't know what they're talking about that infinity implies the existence of everything one can imagine.

I just pointed out that this is absolutely untrue, and can be easily proven using basic and easy to understand mathematically consistent statements.

Harte

StarTraveller94

When you throw around mathematical terms, you are subject to mathematical constraints.

It's a common argument among people that don't know what they're talking about that infinity implies the existence of everything one can imagine.

I just pointed out that this is absolutely untrue, and can be easily proven using basic and easy to understand mathematically consistent statements.

Harte
The problem with your assertion is that it implies that what we know now is the end all be all of science.

Once again, there is no reason why existence has to conform to what we, a race that hasn't even mastered rudimentary space travel, that still uses fossil fuels, and has only been industrialized and getting into science for the last two and a half centuries, thinks is the truth about reality.

And what 'mathmatically consistent statements' are you talking about?

When dealing with infinity, there is absolutely no reason why existence has to conform to what we think is the truth.

mthamson

Travel is currently not possible in this brane due to computation capabilities and higher order dimension understanding. My travel was across a multiverse membrane from mine to yours. Are you planning on working toward travel capabilities, or are you wishing to travel immediately? I would be happy to assist in direction with the former.

StarTraveller94

Travel is currently not possible in this brane due to computation capabilities and higher order dimension understanding. My travel was across a multiverse membrane from mine to yours. Are you planning on working toward travel capabilities, or are you wishing to travel immediately? I would be happy to assist in direction with the former.
I am not going to travel immediately, as much as I would like that, I have alot of healing I need to do before I'm ready.

By the way, if you really are a multiverse traveller, what do you think of the possibility of what we consider fictional worlds existing?

Harte

The problem with your assertion is that it implies that what we know now is the end all be all of science.

Once again, there is no reason why existence has to conform to what we, a race that hasn't even mastered rudimentary space travel, that still uses fossil fuels, and has only been industrialized and getting into science for the last two and a half centuries, thinks is the truth about reality.

And what 'mathmatically consistent statements' are you talking about?

When dealing with infinity, there is absolutely no reason why existence has to conform to what we think is the truth.
My statements were about Mathematics, not science.

Imagine the set of whole numbers. The ones we count with.
It's infinite, right?
Does it contain the number 1/2?
No.
Can we imagine the number 1/2?
Yes.

Hence, an infinite set need not contain all things we can imagine.

Harte