This may be Titor

StarLord

This may be Titor

It brings the ratings up and we all get Secret Time Decoders with a compass and a special whistle that only Time Travel Police can hear once we spot a Real Time Traveler.

CaryP

This may be Titor

Originally posted by Jesus_Bush@Dec 28 2004, 03:50 PM
Titor's a fraud, why is this section of the message board even still open?

Well now Jesus, that's your opinion. Paul found some evidence that would back up your opinion. What's with all the huff and puff? When you own a board, you can make sure no Titor posts are made. But here, some people are still interested. Cool your jets there buckshot.

Cary

hellrazor

This may be Titor

jesus i agree with u but sadly when people gain a serton amount of fame it dosnt matter if they are right or wrong true or fake the fame keeps on growing.

Judge Bean

This may be Titor

The name that Virtualgirl linked to the Foundation was actually "Titshaw," not "Titus."

No matter.

Consider this: the Roman ex-consul who saved Rome in 458 BCE, Cincinnatus, made a important revolutionary symbol for the new American nation because he was the "farmer general" who dropped his plowreins temporarily to take up power in an emergency, and quickly took up the reins again when the crisis passed. Washington, especially, was compared to Cincinnatus, and the idea fit nicely with that of a class of temporary leaders (as opposed to corrupt professional politicians).

Titor's posts are full of references to the same idea, and, in fact, he notes that a statue of their own heroic farmer general stands in the new capital, Omaha.

Cincinnatus' full name was Titus Quinctius Cincinnatus.

Jesus_Bush

This may be Titor

Originally posted by CaryP+Dec 28 2004, 02:59 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Jesus_Bush@Dec 28 2004, 03:50 PM
Titor's a fraud, why is this section of the message board even still open?

Well now Jesus, that's your opinion. Paul found some evidence that would back up your opinion. What's with all the huff and puff? When you own a board, you can make sure no Titor posts are made. But here, some people are still interested. Cool your jets there buckshot.

Cary
[snapback]19098[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Ok sorry man, I just feel "duped" by this baffoon, but i guess it's mein own fault. :(

StarLord

This may be Titor

Jesus, you're referring to titor right? Don't feel like the lone stranger, many of us went throught that and back again.

CaryP

This may be Titor

Ok sorry man, I just feel \"duped\" by this baffoon, but i guess it's mein own fault.

It's cool bud. You don't need to feel "duped" if you never believed in his story totally. While I had my doubts about his time travel initially, I really don't believe in Titor's time travel claims at all now. He did make some very interesting claims about the future though. That's what captured my attention about the whole thing. Let the story play out. We'll see what happens if anything.

Cary

Tippy

This may be Titor

Titor may well be a fraud, but the evidence presented in this thread does not confirm that.

But while we are on the subject- does anyone remember if JT said there would be massive earthquakes and floods?

Anything like the attrocity that just occured in Asia? It seems as though he would allude to that - since it has been the most devestating one in at least half a century - probably longer.

Judge Bean

This may be Titor

Originally posted by Tippy@Dec 29 2004, 12:48 AM
Titor may well be a fraud, but the evidence presented in this thread does not confirm that.

But while we are on the subject- does anyone remember if JT said there would be massive earthquakes and floods?

Anything like the attrocity that just occured in Asia? It seems as though he would allude to that - since it has been the most devestating one in at least half a century - probably longer.

What I have presented in this thread is not meant to prove that Titor is a fraud. I have no interest in proving such a thing.

I have shown what I think is circumstantial proof that Titor is actually the invention of Jonathan Titus, who was indirectly responsible for the accumulation of science leading up to the IBM 5100, said to be the first PC and the target acquisition of Titor. The set of coincidences is too great, in my opinion, to be the result of random association.

Nor does the connection, as I have said, prove that Titus/Titor was not a timetraveler or somehow associated with time travel.