Time travel a reality.... what do you think?

Could time travel technologies be used to help heal humanity?

• Total voters

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Earthmasque

You plotted a fantasy trajectory against time. Garbage in, garbage out:

I believe the correct term to use would be a Gedanken experiment. And you seem to be expressing your opinion about the experiment.
But lets go on...

Note the path of the weight after the string is cut. What you show in your sketch is perpendicular to the actual path, which would be along what you label above as the Y-axis above.

You are incorrect. You have to use Newton's Laws of motion here. Once the string is cut, the weight continues to move in a straight line at a constant velocity. That is exactly what I show to be happening in the sketch. The centrifugal force goes to zero at the instant the string is cut. I'm not deviating from any physical observations that we know will happen.

You forgot that the hypotenuse (I assume it is the rope) is undergoing tension. In other words, you are pulling on it.

All the hypotenuse calculations are made after the string is cut. The hypotenuse is actually the radius between the the moving weight and the center.

No, there's no acceleration after the string is cut. The only acceleration is before the string is cut and it is provided by you.

Your statement is exactly what is taught in school. Yet I just clearly showed there is an acceleration going on between the center point and the moving weight after the string is cut. Now this is a technicality that is the issue here. There is no acceleration going on between the point of departure and the weight after the string is cut. Just so we are clear that there are two paths of motion here. This is my whole point for this dissertation. The Pythagorean theorem makes this possible. And it is an excellent analytical tool.

Acceleration means a change in velocity. A change in direction is a change in velocity. You are changing the direction of the weight by accelerating it toward the center of rotation. The weight's inertia causes an opposite but equal force - third time now I've said that. It is the reaction force to the action force you apply at your end of the string.

Force can and does exist without acceleration. Try pushing on a wall as an example of this. Centrifugal force has this property too. It only exists as long as the radial connection to the center of rotation is not changing in length. And I might disagree that centrifugal force is an inertial force.

There is something i would like to state. I'm not trying to bully you. I'm just trying to teach you an analytical approach I used to investigate centrifugal force. I'm not a professional teacher either. So if I've failed in my attempt to get you to understand this approach to comprehension, then we'll just have to leave it at that.

BeamMeUpScotty

I'm not familiar with either of their stories. Although It seems I may have actually listened to Jim Sparks being interviewed by Art Bell quite a while ago.

To me most of this stuff is just entertainment. As for time travel? There was a time when I would have just believed you were crazy to believe something like that. That is untill I tried to commit suicide. Someone interrupted my attempt and gave me some reasons to keep going. Don't know who did it. But logic and deduction indicates only I could have been the person that saved me. But how? All I come up with is that I invent a time machine in the future and go back and save me.

So in my journey to invent a time machine I discover my science and physics education is not based in fact. Much of it appears to be just religous belief. It goes back all the way to Newton. I got a hold of a translated version of his Principea. It appears to be heavily edited and censored. The atomic bomb could never have been invented if scientists back then were using the modern edited version of the Principea. So they were using knowledge that no longer exists.

The more I dig, the more stuff I find that just does not add up.

If there is a secret government, It's not run by mankind.
Thank you for sharing something so personal, that's not an easy thing to do. I admire your honesty and bravery... and I'm glad you are here to tell the tale :)

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the spiritual elements of time travel. Do you believe that time travel is purely physical and scientific, or do you believe that it has a spiritual aspect? I have my own thoughts (ie: the physical, mental and spiritual all work together. You can't have one without the other and all combined - with the right technologies - could make time travel a reality). I have my own insights on time travelling too and am currently putting a document together that I will send to a fellow time travel enthusiast in the very near future. I do lots of prayer and meditation and it is through these small, spiritual journeys that I have acquired some knowledge and wisdom. Sometimes I get messages right away, mostly it is through dreams afterwards that I tend to get images (or 'visions', for want of a better word). This might sound crazy to most, but there's so much more to this world than we can possibly imagine and each of us are more knowledgeable than we think. We just need to keep digging.

Do you think the answers could be found if we combined both science and spirituality, when searching for time travel capabilities? Also, have you tried meditating when you come across a scientific problem?

Thanks! :)

Well, I can tell you that all my life I have been able to ask a question just before going to sleep, and I wake up with the answer. Or a method to help find an answer.

As for what time travel is? I have learned to dispel all beliefs. What I'm left with is just facts. Through trial and error I have found out that you can actually build stuff with facts. 100% failure rate on beliefs though. You have to bite the bullet on beliefs and say goodbye. The world becomes a much smaller place when you remove beliefs. But then you discover a whole new world that I call reality.

I see your point of view. I think it's good to keep an open mind though. If we didn't have any beliefs, I think we would struggle to function as human beings. Before I switch the light on, I have faith that the light switch will work & the room will go from dark to light. Is that a fact or a belief? Is it both? Maybe some facts are based on belief, or one kind of faith or another. We can't see electricity but we know it's there. On the other hand, native American Indians believed true wisdom lies in knowing nothing at all. If we assumed we knew everything, we would cease to learn and our minds would close. What do we really know to be truly factual and unchanged?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
BeamMeUpScotty

Belief is a concept usually associated with something you will never be able to verify. And lately more often than not many beliefs are turning out to be false. So I think the educational community has blurred the concept of what belief is. For instance when you turn on a light, do you believe it will turn on? Or do you know it will turn on. Since you already know it will turn on, it isn't a belief anymore. It's a fact.

Some beliefs are based on trust. Your education for example. You're conditioned to trust your educators. They would never lie to you, would they?

BeamMeUpScotty

BeamMeUpScotty

Belief is a concept usually associated with something you will never be able to verify. And lately more often than not many beliefs are turning out to be false. So I think the educational community has blurred the concept of what belief is. For instance when you turn on a light, do you believe it will turn on? Or do you know it will turn on. Since you already know it will turn on, it isn't a belief anymore. It's a fact.

Some beliefs are based on trust. Your education for example. You're conditioned to trust your educators. They would never lie to you, would they?

Smarty pants! :p

Still, if we didn't believe in anything the world would be a very dull place. Not all beliefs are bad or wrong, maybe we are just misdirected & told to believe certain things and people lose the ability to think for themselves. They go through life blind and never ask any questions. They just accept things as they are and carry on regardless. Sad but true....

How is your project with Dr Z coming along?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
As always with these types of projects I tend to get sidetracked. Currently I'm investigating an anomalous observation with a Slayer Exciter coil. Which is just a low powered Tesla coil. Because of the low power, it's extremely easy to take measurements of everything that's going on. There is some type of alternating wave phenomena going on during the tuning operation. Similar in some respects to the Zero Time Generator I worked on earlier this year. I like experimenting with stuff like this. There is information here that is not in any text book. But it's like going to school. I'm learning about something that is real. That makes it all the more interesting.

BeamMeUpScotty

As always with these types of projects I tend to get sidetracked. Currently I'm investigating an anomalous observation with a Slayer Exciter coil. Which is just a low powered Tesla coil. Because of the low power, it's extremely easy to take measurements of everything that's going on. There is some type of alternating wave phenomena going on during the tuning operation. Similar in some respects to the Zero Time Generator I worked on earlier this year. I like experimenting with stuff like this. There is information here that is not in any text book. But it's like going to school. I'm learning about something that is real. That makes it all the more interesting.

Cool.... I done a project recently where I was investigating different types of alternative energies. Zero point energy was one of them. My science knowledge is limited though, I only done basic physics at school. It's a starting point though. Have you ever looked into torus patterns?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Yes, I did notice that the Zero Time Generator operates in a toroidal pattern. It appears to manipulate two dimensional forces into a three dimensional manifold. And there was an undocumented wave phenomena occurring as a result of the toroidal pattern.

It was my intention to connect four Tesla coils in a toroidal pattern and observe the result. But I discovered that the Tesla coils interact with existing objects in the vicinity. Thus making it impossible to connect their operating frequencies in a controlled fashion. I'm not giving up on the idea. I just have to trial and error my way into finding out how to do it.

BeamMeUpScotty

I wonder if there would be a way of isolating the coils so that they only interact within the sphere of the torus. Could they be connected in reverse? I've never dealt with Tesla coils so my knowledge is limited where they are concerned. I'm learning about them though.... I'm a great believer in following the patterns of nature, especially where creativity is concerned. Toruses are everywhere, they exist in every natural living thing and are part of the natural life cycle. They are as much a part of the fabric of time as they are you and I, and every living thing on this planet. Theoretically speaking, could a torus be the 'gateway' to the space time continuum and open the door to time travel, if we could create and manipulate them? And maybe then, could we pave a trail (or tunnel) through time? Just a theory :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Well technically just one Tesla coil creates a toroidal field. The energy field created does fall off at one/r*squared. So that is an indication that it is a 3-D field. But I can't manipulate the energy field like I can with the Zero Time Generator. However because a Tesla coil produces a 3-D field, it is possible to wind a backwards coil. So I might be able to get two coils to interact with each other, rather than with just my physical proximity. It's something I'm going to try to see if a more stable frequency regulation can be achieved.

BeamMeUpScotty

Well technically just one Tesla coil creates a toroidal field. The energy field created does fall off at one/r*squared. So that is an indication that it is a 3-D field. But I can't manipulate the energy field like I can with the Zero Time Generator. However because a Tesla coil produces a 3-D field, it is possible to wind a backwards coil. So I might be able to get two coils to interact with each other, rather than with just my physical proximity. It's something I'm going to try to see if a more stable frequency regulation can be achieved.

Go for it ;-)

How does a Zero Time Generator work exactly? I've read about them but haven't quite got my head round it. I would be very grateful if you could explain to me how they work.... thanks & much obliged :)