Time travel concepts I: Causality

Awakening

Dear community:

I will be writing several threads regarding time travel.

Firstly, I must clarify that this information only applies effectively, and entirely, to time travel by physical means. That is, using devices or machines that allows you to literally travel to different time. At least from your point of view.

The point in this is that you understand some concepts about time travel and debate about what has been shared.

Secondly, I must clarify he following:

• I am not here to build time machines for you.
  • I am not here to give away or sell time machines or related devices.
  • I am not here to change nobody's past.
  • And most importantly, I am NOT a time traveler.

... And I do speak the truth.

Having all that clear, now you can continue to read.

Causality

Before one can understand the effects that time travel has on causality, it is necessary to understand the forces that govern causality in the present.
While some people may find comfort in the delusion that they have free will to determine the outcome of spontaneous events, in fact the outcome of every event was determined with the creation of the Universe. The same natural laws govern all matter in the Universe -- whether that matter makes up stars and planets, or whether it composes the cells in a person's brain. Gravity, electromagnetism, and quantum forces determine the interaction and outcome of all events in the Universe.

While some events, such as flipping a coin or rolling a die, may seem to be random, their outcomes are determined by the forces of nature. This can be illustrated by tracing the contributing causal forces of an event backwards in time:

When a coin is flipped, it lands tails-up. This is due not to random chance, but to forces acting on the coin, including air density and wind, local gravitational forces, the force and trajectory at which the coin was thrown, and the weight of the coin itself. While these and other factors may seem to be random and spontaneous, each force acting on the coin was in turn caused by another force. For example, the force with which the coin was thrown was determined by the neuro-muscular development of the person throwing it, which in turn was determined by the person's experience, diet, environment, and genetic makeup. The person's genetic makeup was determined by which genes were passed on from the parents, which were determined by when the parents conceived the child, which was determined by when the parents first met, which was determined by the geographic locations of the parents, which could be traced back through economic, political, geological, and evolutionary causal forces, which in turn can be traced back to the creation of Earth and the Solar system, which in turn was determined by the forces existing at the creation of the Universe.
This is just one small chain of causal events that determines the outcome of a coin toss. While it seems there is a near-infinite number of forces acting on the coin, and while the outcome of the coin toss may actually be unpredictable to any kind of human perception, in fact the outcome of the coin toss was destined to happen in only one way since the birth of the Universe.

Continues in the next thread...

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Awakening

I look forward to future postings, It seems like you’re one of the very few that truly understands that an extremely small change in our past will affect so much in the future. I would hope that you would cover the physical dangers of physical time travel which I have posted a few times here.

Professor Opmmur

HDRKID

People always say that they want to know what the future will bring us. I do not think so. Often, it is more pain. For example, there was a beautiful actress that starred in the top gun movie. She probably thought that a golden future was coming. Well, that was certainly true for tom cruise. However, she lost her good looks and don't think they will both be in top gun 2 as she looks like his mom now.

top_fun.jpg

Awakening

Certainly, HDR KID. The future is not what we always expect. Although future is the only way we can keep walking towards.

As I keep growing up I see people getting older and older. And they are not just people to me. Acquaintances, friends, family... It is tough to see how everyone goes away. Getting married, having children, dying...

Maybe the past is warmer than the future?

Is that all there is for us humans?

I do not want to believe so.