Time Travel Is Impossible and heres Why!

aurora51

Re: Time Travel Is Impossible and heres Why!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Why, from Ants of course.[/b]

relatively speaking, (no pun intended) that would be the polite answer.

artsouth

i have a question?........if the threads creator does not belive in time travel ,then.......why is he surfing our forum???

aurora51

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"artsouth\")</div>
i have a question?........if the threads creator does not belive in time travel ,then.......why is he surfing our forum???[/b]

good point artsouth.

disbelievers can be very creative as to why something won't work. :dry:

we just have to come up with valid reasoning why it will. ;)

aurora

KiraSjon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"aurora51\")</div>
good point artsouth.

disbelievers can be very creative as to why something won't work. :dry:

we just have to come up with valid reasoning why it will. ;)

aurora[/b]

amen!! :grin:

Piccadilly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"st0len\")</div>
What exactly is time? A measurement of matter moving from one place to another, IE: Earth day's is 1 rotation around the sun...

So if time is measured by objects moving in space what happens if these objects start moving slower or faster? Does is distort time in which ways we can relate too? I think not!

If all I said is true then how can we possibly make a TimeMachine? To make a timemachine we have to move and change all of space back and every single partical and atom would have to be exactly where they used to be. There is only one person that can do this and the name may be familiar. The name is GOD!

My theory would explain alot of contraversial topics in space. Such as how old the universe is and how matter was created. My theory simply suggests that the universe is exactly 0 seconds old and matter and energy will never die. It may be hard to conceive such an idea but look around you, where did all this stuff come from originaly? Well maby it was just always here. Im a computer proggramer and many of you may understand what a loop is. A loop is where something happens and loops until it was ment to stop. In programming sometimes you make a mistake which alows the loop to go forever unless shutdown manualy. Every think maby god is that switch and something happend where he god turned on? This may sound cracked out but its my best explaintion to explain how everything fits together instead of 100's of different theories that make sense serpartly but do not together.

Anyways I would be interested what other people think of my theory, because I have never brought it up before!

PS (Sorry about the spelling, I didnt have enough time to proof read it)[/b]

Hi

1) Earth's Day is one rotation around its own Axis, not the sun. That takes a year.

2) Time is not measured by the movement of objects in space. The movement of objects in space determines other factors such as a planet's rotation around its own sun. The study of object movement also gives us an idea of the distance between us and that object. Earth time is measured by the rotation of the Earth around the sun which constitutes a "year". The Earth's rotation around its own axis constitutes a "day".

Therefore, the speed at which objects in space moves does not govern Earth time and does not affect it. Instead, if an object in space appears to be moving faster, it would imply that the direction in which it is moving has been altered. Earth Time itself is not altered.

Space time may be different to Earth time because the Universe does not revolve around our sun, but as human beings, we will apply what we know as Earth Timne to the rest of space. What I mean by sayign "space time" is that it takes stars millions of years to burn out. As humans we do not live for millions of years, only a fraction of it. Thus, we are living our lives in the fast lane. The Earth has existed for 4 Billion Earth (or human) years. We spend one lifetime on Earth for a very short period of "space time".

Time travelling in my view cannot be possible because if we were able to travel to the future, then it means that we've been at this point before and are reliving something that has already happened. It may not be impossible of course, but if God truly is in control of everything that is, I don't think that He'd be up for re-runs. Religion and science cannot be mixed either. Science disproves everything that religion says is true.

As for the issue of matter never dying - I think you're correct in the sense that matter does not die because unless it dissolves completely, it must reform with other matter to form new "objects". Example: when asteroids collide, they may break into smaller pieces. Eventually these pieces will travel across space and eventually collide with other objects. Ultimately, solid matter will break up into the different elements and eventually reform to give birth to a new object, whatever this object may be. Thus, matter does not die.

Getting back to God and the loop you explained. If I understand your meaning correctly, I don't think that if God has created this wonderful universe that it was because of a mistake and now He is simply a switch that was flicked and voila there you go, here's a whole universe for you...nope, can't fathom that. I know what a loop is, I deal with them myself. I think you are referring to a faulty loop which has an infinate property. Comparing the Universe to a loop seems a rather silly thing to do as life is not that simple, the universe is not that simple. Unless of course God wrote one heck of a programme...or made one big mistake and caused a big bang! :grin:

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Piccadilly\")</div>
Time travelling in my view cannot be possible because if we were able to travel to the future, then it means that we've been at this point before and are reliving something that has already happened. It may not be impossible of course, but if God truly is in control of everything that is, I don't think that He'd be up for re-runs. Religion and science cannot be mixed either. Science disproves everything that religion says is true.
[/b]

Piccadilly,

Man has already traveled into the future, it is time travel into the past that has yet to be accomplished. I mentioned this in a previous post in this thread.

Harte