Time Travel Video Games

ZeoEmeraude

Time Travel Video Games

Ok, I love video games.....(this is probably why I chose it as my career) and this thread is all about em. More specifically, time travel video games. Now folks, I know thare aren't too many of these types of games out there on the market right now, but I have played a few on PC and they were great. My personal favorites are the Journeyman Project series. By far the third instalment has to be the best.... but enough of my ranting.....what do you folks think? Have ya played any, and if so give a brief description and why you liked the game(s). I think that if more video game companies became involved in this genre, we could see some really great games.

[/color]

Your TTF Super Sayian: Zeo

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Time Travel Video Games

I remember playing Journeyman I or II on my old Macintosh. It was the one where they throw a cow off a castle at you at some point in the game ;) I played that game so much the discs eventually got too scratched to use. Are these games available on the PC? I really miss that one.

There haven't been many good time travel games. Maybe Timesplitters, but that one was just a shoot 'em up game, not much depth to it at all.

You hear that Bioware/Obsidian/Atari/Rockstar? MAKE SOME TIME TRAVEL GAMES!

StarLord

I really wish they would produce Elite on PS2.

ZeoEmeraude

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
I remember playing Journeyman I or II on my old Macintosh. It was the one where they throw a cow off a castle at you at some point in the game ;) I played that game so much the discs eventually got too scratched to use. Are these games available on the PC? I really miss that one.

There haven't been many good time travel games. Maybe Timesplitters, but that one was just a shoot 'em up game, not much depth to it at all.

You hear that Bioware/Obsidian/Atari/Rockstar? MAKE SOME TIME TRAVEL GAMES![/b]

Ya Heggy, these games are still available..if somewhat hard to find. I own Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time. This game is a whole lot better than the first two, and it continues the story of part 2, but with new twists. You can play it on Mac or Windows 95 or higher. I think this one was the best in the series, so far. I don't think that Red Orb Entertainment will make another game in the series but who can say. I didn't care too much for Timesplitters either....it was kind of linear and bland. Now there are some old school games like Chrono Trigger and the like that used TT in the RPG genre, but I agree with ya completely.....these companies should produce more games of this genre. People will eat em up like old BTTF reruns.

Felic--

I once played a demo of a Journeyman project game and it was very good. I got as far as cooking a medallion in a Greek bakery and it sadly imploded.

ZeoEmeraude

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Felic--\")</div>
I once played a demo of a Journeyman project game and it was very good. I got as far as cooking a medallion in a Greek bakery and it sadly imploded.[/b]

LOL. You are refering to Journeyman III: Legacy of Time. It's a great game, and if ya play it right, that medalian helps ya unlock the secrets of Atlantis....which is where ya melt the gold to make it. Buy it if ya can find it...it is a TT's must have!!!

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Sadly, I haven't been able to find ANY of the Journeyman games. I've tried LimeWire, looking on the sites for local computer game stores, etc. I did find a copy of Dino Park Tycoon though ;)

PSY101

I remember the game 'Time Commando' and it was one of the first games I bought for my PS One (which back when it came out was just called the Sony Playstation). I loved that game as it took you back through the ages from prehistoric times to the distant future and you could only use the items from the period you were in. The graphics were pretty good for it's time.

Anyone played or heard about it?

I believe you can still buy the game secondhand! :grin: