Time..

CaryP

Re: Time..

Depends on your definition of "real." Is it "real" that a phenomenon we humans call "time" exists whether we're here to notice it and measure it? I would say yes it does. The earth aged for billions of "years" (a human distinction) without humans here to observe it. Does the human linguistic version of time exist in the way we make distinctions about it? Probably not outside of our human understanding of it Non-human entities (the ones we know about in common understanding) don't have "time" or distinctions about it. An animal doesn't eat because it's "time" for a meal. An animal eats because it's hungry. Trees don't shed their leaves in the fall because of a calendar. It's a process that gets triggered by weather.

Does "time" exist in terms of a "tangible" or "visitable" past or future? I don't think so. But, hey, I open to some interpretation that allows for this. The only "time" that I've ever experienced is the series of moments of "now" over my lifetime. Do I have memories of past moments? Yes, some are quite vivid. Do I have knowledge of future events? Nope. I have some "ideas" about what will happen in a "future time" but it never looks exactly like my "ideas."

I don't know if this is the kind of discussion you were looking Pyro, but it's about all my simple brain can come up with.

Cary

PyRo99

We'll see CaryP. I have no opinion on where this discussion goes too. Just try and keep it on topic, is all I ask.

I'll post my thoughts after school tomorrow or during the day. Perhaps I'll be home because I'm sick.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Felic--\")</div>
Nothing like a tired clich? to kill off a conversation.
;)[/b]

Ralan, if the tired old cliche actually happened to be the facts, would it then just be the tired old truth or you just disagree with the concept?

PyRo99

Ralan,

Glad to see you are back, let us hope that we do not have an encounter as we did in chat one night.

As Cliche as the phrase is, it holds some value too it.

Anders

Time is a medium, not unlike marble for a sculptor or watercolors or acrylics for a painter. God, being fond of drama as it seems He is, saw time as an excellent backdrop for human events. Takes great advantage if all those circadian rhythms that are built into human beings, too.