TimeBender

eiqu7aha

TimeBender

I would really like to speak with TimeBender. I always told myself that if time travel is possible, that it involves Nikola Tesla's experiments. TimeBender if you are around, please reply or PM me. Thanks!

CaryP

Re: TimeBender

Welcome to the plantation bcerhart. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Cary

eiqu7aha

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am very excited about posting in the TT forums, but was even more excited after reading the posts from TimeBender. I am inclined to actually believe that his statements are partially true, and am fascinated with the concept that he presented.

However, I am a skeptic and would like a better description of the device. He relates the device to that used in the Philadelphia Experiment. His device does not allow an object to travel through absolute space-time though. He said that by putting fruit in the device, that he could observe it's decay in a matter of minutes. The objects inside the device would only notice a shift in time.. inside the device. Once outside the device though, everything would be the same.

If you are wanting to travel through time, you would hope that you could stay the same on the inside while the objects changed on the outside. Does anyone have a solution to that?

eiqu7aha

After giving this more thought, I started to think more about the Philadelphia Experiment. The goal of the experiment was a mechanism to hide US boats from the German submarines, also known as U-boats. I don't think the intention was teleportation or time travel, but I admit that something unknown might have happened that produced a similar effect.

Many people claim that the ship was made invisible and teleported from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Norfolk, Virginia. I do not believe this to be plausible because the supposed teleportation device did not surround the ship. It would be senseless to teleport blindly. I have not reasearched this thoroughly though because I am skeptic, but I do not doubt that Tesla was a genius. I just don't understand why most TT advocates believe everything that they hear.

In order to travel into the outside future, we must first master teleportation. Unless you can teleport through space, then how do you expect to teleport through time? TimeBender's device may or may not be real, but it is apparent that it would not allow us to travel into the outside future.

Timebender

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"bcerhart\")</div>
He relates the device to that used in the Philadelphia Experiment. His device does not allow an object to travel through absolute space-time though. He said that by putting fruit in the device, that he could observe it's decay in a matter of minutes. The objects inside the device would only notice a shift in time.. inside the device. Once outside the device though, everything would be the same.

If you are wanting to travel through time, you would hope that you could stay the same on the inside while the objects changed on the outside. Does anyone have a solution to that?[/b]

Bcerhart,
Your premise is largely correct in my estimation except that the items within the field, items did experience the speeding up or slowing down of time. From the standpoint of the object within the field looking out, when the field was increased forward, the outside world would appear to slow down and vice versa.

I believe the major difference in the PE and my desktop unit was simply that I intended to concentrate the field to the inside of the actual working chamber whereas the Eldridge was actually contained withing the field created as was the equipment which caused the anomoly.
Hope that helps,
TB

Timebender

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"bcerhart\")</div>
Many people claim that the ship was made invisible and teleported from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Norfolk, Virginia. I do not believe this to be plausible because the supposed teleportation device did not surround the ship. It would be senseless to teleport blindly. I have not reasearched this thoroughly though because I am skeptic, but I do not doubt that Tesla was a genius. I just don't understand why most TT advocates believe everything that they hear.

In order to travel into the outside future, we must first master teleportation. Unless you can teleport through space, then how do you expect to teleport through time? TimeBender's device may or may not be real, but it is apparent that it would not allow us to travel into the outside future.[/b]

Bcerhart,
The equipment alleged to have teleported the Eldridge was infact contained on the ship itself. The field created extended beyond the boundaries of the hull and thus the equipment generating the field was also contained within that field.

I'm with you on the idea that this was not the intended purpose.

The teleportation occured due to a physics issue. Take any person who has a routine, the wake up @ 6am, arrive @ work by 7:30 am every week. Such a person, entrapped by an electromagnetic field of the magnatude for tt must become an actual part of that field being reduced to their very basic existence, ie positive and negative charges. The reassembly of this mass of particles is dependent upon the coherent structure of the given particles at a given place or time. Thus, if the person takes the day off and energises a crude electromagnetic field around themself at...say 7:45 am, their "potential" existance or coherent pattern of particles that make them who they are would most likely be at the office and thus a mirage would likely appear at their desk as this is where they "should be".

Coherance of the particles that make you "you" would be dependent upon you alone from within the field.

Hope that helps a bit,
TB

thenumbersix

Did any of the crew supposedly survive ? If there were a 'blank spot' within the field, say a particularly well shielded air-lock or proximity to a turbine and it's own strong field ?

Timebender

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
Did any of the crew supposedly survive ? If there were a 'blank spot' within the field, say a particularly well shielded air-lock or proximity to a turbine and it's own strong field ?[/b]

Many of the crew survived. Those who did not allegedly "burned for days" in some sort of fire in between where the Eldridge started and where it went to. Many crew members were alleged to have actually become a part of the ship's deck, hull and other equipment. It seems the cohesiveness of their own form (and particles utilized thereby) became entangled in the boundaries of the ship's own atomic structure so that neither was discernable from the other.

Crewmembers who had left the ship had an assortment of other problems, the least of which was spontaneously vanishing. The military was alleged to have remedied this problem within six months by developing an ocillator that could be worn about the waste for those affected with vanishing syndrome. This effect was also said to wane after the occillator had been worn for several months.
TB

Timebender

TheNumberSix,
Matter ISenergy. All matter at it's basic atomic structure is no more than a coherent arrangement of positive and negative particles. How fast or slow such particles move indicates the density of a given material as well as how many particles are paired in a given space.

It is fairly inexpensive to manipulate such particles individually. Part of the problem is in discovering wherein the keys to coherency lie. How ca we blast those particles apart and rearrange them back to their original state. This I believe was the crux of the Eldridge failures.